Pictures of your Games 11 - The Quickening

I don't care if it has sharp teeth and red glow eyes ... why is there a rainbow-farting, dancing, purple pony in my Evil Dungeon? It just feels wrong somehow. :p

WftO-0002.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still having fun playing Guild Wars 2. Mostly just playing the game "solo", enjoying the story and the nice landscapes and vistas. Currently working on a duo of characters that I'm trying to get to level 80 (because I really want to unlock mounts and save my feet from all that walking).

I've dubbed them "The Beauty and the Beast" (I'll leave it to the viewer to decide who's who!).

Reduced size images:

Slaine the Warrior

2unwvon.jpg

and Medb the Necromancer

205rqsn.jpg

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This looks perfectly safe! :yes:

How could you possibly resist super shiny things???

ht5zyd.jpg

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

People sure make weird outfit mods.
Ansel-00024979b.jpg

But at least they're cute/funny.
Ansel-00024981a.jpg

Coeurl scarf - goes with the leopard print shirt I guess.
Ansel-00024982a.jpg

The banana distraction technique.
Ansel-00024983a.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

We're gonna be a ... Nomad! We shall explore strange new worlds and ... Y'know ... Possibly find loot to pawn off somewhere.

lvFZakO.jpg

And after noticing that there's a face that looks like Snep from Martin Swordsman or some such, I present to you... Captain Snape!... I mean, Snep!

gSeIgaH.jpg

Captain Snep and his small band of heroes will now depart on their voyage of joy and discovery!

oXdDzcf.jpg

h6Lbuq8.jpg

Yes, miss Ayyykl.... Ae... Akkkk... Redhead! Thank you for this valuable information! I'm ready to inspect the cr...

5vHZqO5.jpg

HOLY CRAP what is this!? This manifest has three pages! Where did I even get a ship this large!? So uh... Captain Snep and his fully manned crew of like 20 million people will now depart on their voyage of joy and ... HR, apparently, on their trusty ship, the Frontier Liner!

qJuPcXn.jpg

... It used to be a tourist liner but after buying all the new equipment we didn't have enough cash left to scrape off the labels, so it stuck. Anyway, we were asked to take a special ... Arbitor ... Person with us to help with a case of falsely accused daughter who tots did not blow up another faction's space port.

EwEx6VH.jpg

There's even dialogue choices and stuff! Branching questlines! Strange new worlds!

cA4BCNK.jpg

Upon reaching this one, containing a local prince whose daughter has been accused, I went 'Sure I'll help, I'll even jump over to the next system and find stuff out for you!" So, like right next to the planet I departed from, I've encountered a pirate ship that went "Yo, give us your cargo and we'll let you live!" Naturally, I chose to fight them, so I got massively damaged ship, lost the combat which resulted in the pirates boarding and emptying my cargo hold anyway, and then spending all my cash on fixing the ship. Like 3 members of my massive-arse crew left me, including an experienced pilot, and on second attempt to leave the planet, missing crew lead to an array of disasters on board of the ship, costing more repair money. *sigh* Anyway, in my attempt to get some cash back, I did start actually exploring strange new worlds:

vch8Whh.jpg

I found free fuel and PIRATES!

9q7eb4w.jpg

It was a day well-spent. Now excuse me as I'll go and experience more adventures of captain SNEP.

• Like 6

5llUt3o.jpg

Z3XrEJN.jpg

Man, this was such a pleasant surprise:

QWZUaah.jpg

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling