RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Already pre-ordered, you all'd do well to follow my example...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Shemmue is such a good game with so much choice. It's world actually feels alive... something that's rare in belovef rpg's. Even though the graphics look horrible in HD, I think it will be worth the $30 on Steam or on PS4 :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Warframe keeps getting better and better.

https://youtu.be/f5FZR5gHB_I

Oddly enough, I think Destiny wound up helping Warframe a lot. Destiny 1 & 2 left a good number of people with a bad taste in their mouth, but they still wanted to scratch that MMO-ish looter shooter itch. A lot of those people turned to Warframe on account of it being f2p, having a less exploitative microtransaction system, having way more content (all free), and, quite frankly, simply being a better game.

It doesn't hurt that the game is awesome, either.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Destiny 1 was fun once the complete edition was out. The multiplayer was fun, so were the Iron Banner events where I would teach high level players a thing or two. With Destiny 2 people expected a sequel. What they got instead was basically the same game and once they found out that the multiplayer was 4v4 instead of the original 6v6 the game died in its own crib. One month after Destiny 2 was out people had already left the game, even those who had active clans and such. Guess most of them moved over to Warframe which does everything better, is free and gets constant updates.

I really like Digital Extremes because of The Darkness 2 and I am happy to see them alive and well. :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Destiny 1 was fun once the complete edition was out. The multiplayer was fun, so were the Iron Banner events where I would teach high level players a thing or two. With Destiny 2 people expected a sequel. What they got instead was basically the same game and once they found out that the multiplayer was 4v4 instead of the original 6v6 the game died in its own crib. One month after Destiny 2 was out people had already left the game, even those who had active clans and such. Guess most of them moved over to Warframe which does everything better, is free and gets constant updates.

I really like Digital Extremes because of The Darkness 2 and I am happy to see them alive and well. :)

Didn't know DE was involved in The Darkness 2 (which I enjoyed) until someone on these forums pointed it out but I sure as hell knew they were involved in UT99 ;)

Also, thanks for getting that song stuck in my head again, arrrrrrghhh!

(oh, and if you want to see the entire TennoCon demo, I linked it a few pages back in the thread ;))

And yeah, pretty darn proud to be a Warframe Founder, it sure has been one hell of a ride :)

As to Destiny, never cared for it as I was already playing Warframe and, well, Destiny didn't seem to offer anything for someone already invested in Warframe...especially knowing Destiny had an ... "end", which seems...weird, for a MMO...

Edited by marelooke

Yup, if you fix the typo, you can make the AI of Xenomorphs acting almost as shown in the vertical slice trailer. It shows how much Randy Pitchford cared about that game. 5 years of completely broken AI, and no one at Gearbox bothered to review, why it is broken...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

tl;dr - Commandos is a puzzle game.

Agreed. What you need most to succeed in Commandos is patience and observation. There isn't much room for actual tactics either because most of the time you'll be picking off sentries one by one, if at all.

So yeah, in that regard it has more in common with mikado or jenga than a game that revolves around actual small unit tactics in scenarios that are on the surface like Commandos missions, such as the excellent Men of War.

I also expect any future Commandos titles to be thoroughly underwhelming.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

We played Men of War in coop back in the days. Was hella fun, especially because you can split tasks easily. I took care of all the soldierboys, friend 1 took care of tanks and friend 2 did everything else.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have all Men of War games on Steam but never tried any of them. Guess I'll give them a go. There was this fella over at the No Mutants Allowed boards(Wooz - he worked as a concept artist for Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior) and he recommended that game a lot.

I also expect any future Commandos titles to be thoroughly underwhelming.

They should hire Mimimi, the folks that made the excellent Shadow Tactics: Swords of the Shogun to develop it. Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not the graphic style that is bad, I just don't see it fitting for a Commandos themed game. I could see it fit with Desperados, though.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Commandos:

ingame_4x3.jpg

Desperados:

42698_original_1.jpg

Shadow Tactics:

s3-d0c9fb53b7f777eb06cbfabaeb4b675e.jpg

The graphic style of Shadow Tactics fits Desperados a lot more.

Edited by Lexx

'Let's compare the art-style of three differnt games (each with three different settings) to one another and decide which engine works best with which dev team.' said Lexx, exactly 30 minutes after having taken 5 hits of acid.

P.S: It's so fun to annoy Lexx :>