RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - BATTLE ROYALE

Just another example of how thorough TooLeetForYou is with his opinion.

Man, that one time you bought FarCry 5 and wanted to defend it...scariest two weeks of these boards!

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Thank goodness Bethesda is policing the markets for the Good of Us All.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lol Bethseda already tried suing WB Games for their Westworld mobile game which used the old code for Fallout Shelter. Keep in mind that the games look similar but play very differently and have very different features. If course, WB wiped the floor with them.

My favorite comments were:

"Go figure, Bethseda finds out about theft of their proprietary code via BUGS and Glitches"

"That bug? Yeah, we copyrighted it".

What did they expect? They fired the main designer who wrote the code who was later hired by WB lol And it's actually his code since he wrote it. With further research the designer said it wasn't the same code and good luck trying to prove it. Bethesda is still quite salty over the whole ordeal.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Not commenting the insane lawsuit, but if you write a code for a company as an employee, the code is not yours. Every single letter in the code is intellectual property of the company. Unless you have special exemptions in your contract. And good luck with that ;)

• Like 5

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not just under those circumstances- if the employer violates the terms of the contract (usually via failing to pay agreed sums) then the ownership of code copyright remains with whoever wrote it since the contract is null at that point. There's also other potential reasons too, such as prior/ superceding agreements. If you made alterations to an existing engine then whoever owns the engine may also own or get compulsory licensing of alterations under their licensing agreement, or you may not be able to enforce normal claims due to the engine licensing.

• Like 1

Agreed. Bethesda never had a chance in that lawsuit. What's the reason for them going out after all these lawsuits anyway? Are they overspending?

Hmmm..

Just saw the 4k demo for Rage 2, little less excited for it now. Mainly because the npc models look pretty bad up close, even with the pc at maxed out settings. And the animation in conjunction with that, just something felt a little off. The environment and car stuff looks fine, shooting is samey from Doom. I just wasn't as impressed as when I saw the gameplay trailer.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So the guy who was hired by WB has to make sure that every line of code in the Westworld game is different than that of Fallout Shelter? Wow, that's absurd.

I do not know how it is in US, but in EU, you can not patent any programming code, you can patent only product. Because it is impossible to write a code where every single line is different from every other product in existence. And it falls under the "Math cannot be patented" category.

(disclaimer: this is based solely on my own nonlawyerish knowledge of the status, the actual laws might be much more complicated and I bet there are some exemption to this. If anyone has deeper knowledge on the EU side of the stuff, feel free to educate me)

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So the guy who was hired by WB has to make sure that every line of code in the Westworld game is different than that of Fallout Shelter? Wow, that's absurd.

I do not know how it is in US, but in EU, you can not patent any programming code, you can patent only product. Because it is impossible to write a code where every single line is different from every other product in existence. And it falls under the "Math cannot be patented" category.

(disclaimer: this is based solely on my own nonlawyerish knowledge of the status, the actual laws might be much more complicated and I bet there are some exemption to this. If anyone has deeper knowledge on the EU side of the stuff, feel free to educate me)

I think you're correct for EU, but I also think the opposite is true in the US.

No wonder the sub was lost, the crew were soulless zombies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Paradox's Stellaris, is coming to PS4 and XBOX 

Interesting move - cool to see more classic PC games going to the consoles, with RPGs like Pillars of Eternity and now grand strategy games.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Music sound like something Klepacki would make, one bright spot.

• Like 2

Paradox's Stellaris, is coming to PS4 and XBOX 

[vid]

Interesting move - cool to see more classic PC games going to the consoles, with RPGs like Pillars of Eternity and now grand strategy games.

Looks like a total nightmare to play with a controller, but to me so do "point & click" RPGs.

Not to mention that the game still struggles in a decent rig when nearing the endgame. I can already see them capping max empires at 6 and galaxy size at 400 stars.

Also, my naturally cynical self finds it exceedingly hard not to think that some of the more controversial changes (fleet changes to discourage doomstacking and FTL simplification) were pushed to make the game run _at all_ on consoles.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Music sound like something Klepacki would make, one bright spot.

Agreed on the music.  It's too bad Grey Goo didn't become a bigger success, I could love to see the old Westwood folk rise back to prominence.

As for World War 3, it's from Farm 51, a studio out of my native Poland.  I didn't play their last game, Get Even, so I can't comment on that, but I did play both Deadfall Adventures and Painkiller: Hell and DamnationPainkiller: H&D was good, but also completely unnecessary as it was essentially a remake of a game that didn't need remaking as it still runs perfectly fine and the remake doesn't really add much of anything.  As for Deadfall Adventures, I think I'm one of the few people that really liked that game, so much so that I keep hoping they make a sequel some day.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks