Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2593 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

BFA is enjoyable, the zones are all pretty at least on Kul Tiras. A nice change from Legion at least. The Azerite gear is a decent enough mechanic even if it is sort of like reforging of old.

Got a late start and just finished my first zone, Drustvar, but what a zone it was. Witches' covens, giant pig monsters, assassinations at weddings, little girls singing creepy songs about their villages being massacred... y'know, the good stuff.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3013 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I thought about picking it up and giving WoW a try for umpteenth time but I read you don't have access to the new races without grinding reputation. Is that right or am I missing something?

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2593 posts
That is correct, Allied Races are reputation rewards. It gets better, the majority available right now are gated behind the last expansion's reputations. If that's a dealbreaker, I suggest steering well clear.

Currently available from last expansion's content: Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei, Void Elf
Currently available from new content: Dark Iron Dwarf, Mag'har Orc
Announced, listed on the official website but actually not even available: Zandalari Troll, Kul'Tiran Human

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3013 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I've bought the last couple expansions but only played for a few days before dropping it each time so I'd be starting fresh. I wanted to play a void elf.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3817 posts

Hopefully there's a free trial of BfA eventually. Don't have the time to justify the subscription fee lately, let alone the cost of the expansion. It also sounds like my old guild won't have the numbers to form a viable raid, 2007-2018, end of an era.

gomeshelen

gomeshelen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Wizards of Legend. I love it on the Switch even though it lags occasionally.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2593 posts

I've bought the last couple expansions but only played for a few days before dropping it each time so I'd be starting fresh. I wanted to play a void elf.

If you've got a character close to max level anywhere (since you bought the previous expansions, I assume you had boosts) you could probably knock the rep out in three weeks, assuming you have time. But that doesn't sound like fun at all. I unlocked the allied races because it was content I'd done already anyway, but I think for new players Blizzard seriously dropped the ball with their allied race unlock requirements. Races are a huge draw and telling new players "no, you can't be them" is a massive turnoff.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7396 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

BFA is enjoyable, the zones are all pretty at least on Kul Tiras. A nice change from Legion at least. The Azerite gear is a decent enough mechanic even if it is sort of like reforging of old.

Got a late start and just finished my first zone, Drustvar, but what a zone it was. Witches' covens, giant pig monsters, assassinations at weddings, little girls singing creepy songs about their villages being massacred... y'know, the good stuff.

I missed that little girl and the tea party, I guess I should have followed the road.  I started with Drustvar too, they did a good job having each zone have a consistent story.  Working my way to finish the Alliance story line, had missed a fun quest chain in Stormsong where you get to burn orcs alive, which is always fun.  Easy to do with a healer as the dungeon queue's are nice and short, even if I have to deal with idiots and self centered scumbag DPS untermensch.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10768 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
South Park: Fractured But Whole

Lots of fun and pretty funny, too. I think I'm nearing the end of the main game and will have the DLC to start afterwards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bendu