Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
657 replies to this topic

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3813 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
@Labadal regarding Cosmic Star Heroine.

I was thinking about that game in winter sale, but did not purchased it in the end. Can you give some spoilerfree review or impressions, after you finish the game?

Edit: *sighs* whenever I decide to not use quote function, my question almost always ends up as a first on next page. Confusion takes over...

Edited by Mamoulian War, 26 June 2018 - 01:55 PM.

• Labadal likes this

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3844 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still playing Vampyr.  I think I've stumbled across the first minor nuisance in the game.  These people keep getting sick, and I keep having to administer medicine to them.  I mean, yes, I'm a doctor.  But, come on.  I have things to do (like biting people)!

don't sleep

I can never level up if I don't sleep.

Level up in one go after you have cured everyone, and kill the gay guys one of them has the best sabre in the whole game.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3968 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

@Labadal regarding Cosmic Star Heroine.

I was thinking about that game in winter sale, but did not purchased it in the end. Can you give some spoilerfree review or impressions, after you finish the game?

Edit: *sighs* whenever I decide to not use quote function, my question almost always ends up as a first on next page. Confusion takes over...

Sure. I'll post impressions after I finish it. (I didn't actually buy it. For the first time in my life, I won a contest. GOG twitter contest.)

• Mamoulian War likes this

evilcat

evilcat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 912 posts

Stellaris, it is 4X game in spaaace. Have a step learning curve at start, to understand all the ropes, but then... a lot of fun in building the greatest of all empires.

• Skazz likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2733 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Vampyr sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for games that have a time/event system like Deadly Premonition, Majora's Mask or Dead Rising.

I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

PS: Is Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns any good? :3

I liked it. FFXIII:LR was much less linear, than FFXIII-1, and it was possible to fail the main quest by running out of time (the plot premise: the apocalypse happens in 13 days and the protagonist has to collect souls in order to save her sister).

Dang, I gotta get my hands on that game.

Hmmm, Steam or PS3? That is the question...

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
Keep in mind, it’s not JRPG, but hack’n’slash :p
  • Katphood and Hawke64 like this

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Also, I think I just screwed up my game.  Without going into spoilers for those who haven't played, I made a decision about the pillar of the Docks region that I *though* was both merciful and practical, but instead it has resulted in me now having to kill that pillar (and three NPCs) and that entire region is now going down the crapper because of it.

And because the game uses an autosave, I can't go back in time to change that decision unless I literally start over.

I think that's the entire point of the game, and the frequently stated reason (e.g. on loading screens) why you can't do manual saves: the developers want you to face the consequences of your actions, and a quick and painless reload would take away from that. I'm not sure whether I completely agree with the choice, but I definitely respect the intent of what they were trying to do here.

As for the docks, if I remember correctly...

Spoiler

Also, unrelated stray thought:

Spoiler

Edited by Skazz, 27 June 2018 - 03:32 AM.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2733 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Keep in mind, it’s not JRPG, but hack’n’slash :p

Oh thank god! Not that I hat jrpgs, but they do need a hefty amount of time if you want to beat one.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
LR needs a little bit more of time as well. There is some grinding if you want to do all sidequests.

Anyway. Being today sick, I spent more time on Dark Souls. I was lucky, and found a guy who is helping with Smough and Ornstein fight, so I summoned him. This made the fight piss easy to single player attempt O.o

But I was to greedy with the Ornstein having like 200 HP left so I run for him and he jumped and made his jumping super move and hit me with all the electricity released. He killed me, but I was lucky again, that the guy who was helping me had landed the killing blow, before he was unsummoned, and it counted as a kill for me as well. I have looted Smough’s Soul and med three levels after the fight.

I have returned to Firelink Shrine and revived Keeper of the Bonfire with his soul, which I got two days ago when invading Lautrac’s domain.

Later I went for The Catacombs, because I was lucky with Silver Knight Spear drop, and killed Pinwheel on first try.

Edited by Mamoulian War, 27 June 2018 - 07:28 AM.

• Katphood likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9128 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Cheat Engine table I was using to make Ignis have certain hair and no glasses broke with the last patch/update. Noooooo. I mean the official version is fine but sometimes no-glasses was cool too. The creator of the table hasn't updated it.

...does this mean I'm going to have to learn how to use Cheat Engine too and see if I can figure out how to fix it myself?

At this rate XV is going to have me installing/learning (or more accurately, failing to learn) 100 new little programs before I'm done. This is becoming rather ridiculous. I mean I don't play it that much right now but maybe at this point I should just quit the game entirely** especially since I don't have faith their "mod support" will get a lot better even with a level-editor.

** ....like that's going to happen.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 27 June 2018 - 07:42 AM.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
And Dark Sun Gwyndolin downed!

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1764 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
I forget how that fight even goes. Only ever fought him once.

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1195 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Since Skyrim bugs ran me off last week, this week I've been replaying the Witcher 3.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10995 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm nearing the end of Higurashi Chapter 1 and things are picking up. I'm really hooked.

But I'm also splitting time with more Choice of Games titles since Choice of Robots was so good. Just started Fallen Hero Rebirth, which is about a mind controlling supervillain that used to be a hero. And it's pretty nice too.

Ahhhhh...the demo for Book 2 is out..just saying XD check the forum ! when you are done teehee...

Finished the first and it was simply incredible. I don't think I'm going to touch the demo, though. Don't want the tease hanging over me before release.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3813 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

I forget how that fight even goes. Only ever fought him once.

Infinite corridor, and he shoots two kind of soul spells and a bow. Harder to get to him, than the fight tbh. I would not know, where he is hidden, if I did not see accidentally spoiler video. I am trying to do mostly blind playthrough, but sometimes, I just have to peek inside guides for some hints.

• Bartimaeus likes this

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2694 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Finished Deadfire. Overall, I liked it a lot. Massive improvement in pretty much every single respect over PoE1.

Negatives first: combat was far too easy on the first patch but far better balanced after 1.1 with a few highly annoying exceptions- dominate/ charm attacks that can use your abilities and have no use limitation are way too powerful; I hate regenerating boss boss battles with a passion. By the nature of the game there are a fair few trivial battles of course if you find content you missed, but that is to be expected. The main plot was a bit disjointed from everything else as you never really got a sense of urgency. Then again, that's a flaw with a lot of games including BG2 and FONV. Ship combat... probably needed to go the whole hog and have a grid etc if they were going to have it. Economy etc was unbalanced, but when is it ever not.

Positives: it's pretty, it's a big improvement gameplay wise over PoE1, it was largely bug free for me (in fact I had more crashes on 1.1 than before, and even then only a handful and only a few other bugs) it has about the right references to the first game in dialogue and it's about the right length. The NPCs were fine and fit the game and its plot well enough, definitely better than a Bioware pseudo Whedon style quirk-a-thon but worse/ less memorable than classic NPCs. Everything about it felt a bit more polished and less mechanical than PoE1. I also cannot emphasise enough how much better the combat is, whether it's encounter design or the changes to per encounter uses I don't know, but the flow is far better. I also overall liked the travel map over location clicking, and it was pretty well thought out as well.

Other observations with spoilers

Spoiler

Edited by Zoraptor, 28 June 2018 - 01:13 PM.

• Labadal likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11314 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm not sure I like this or not: playing through Vampyr, I came across one of those random citizens need help quests when I came near an area.  The problem was I was too low level to take on the skals who were surrounding the person, so I decided to save it for later.  I sleep a night and level up to where I can take them on, but by that time the person is dead.

Positives: those quests are urgent, so you can't just pick flowers while that person has zombies banging on their door threatening to kill them.  It gives the game world a better sense of urgency.

Negatives: If you accidentally trigger one when you're way too low in level to take on the bad guys, you either keep dying in combat because 2 hits kills you (at that point) or that NPC dies.  I'm not sure I like triggered quests when they're level-dependent in order to successfully complete it.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7518 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

Playing Tomb Raider Underworld has reminded me just how awful the combat was in the OG TR games.  In that area, the reboot was a VAST improvement, and I say that about a bog standard cover shooter, that should give you an idea of just how awful the combat was in the old games.  With that said, I'm still having a great time with the game.  Just about everything in the game that's not combat is really fun.  Also, while it's obviously a bit dated, it still holds up graphically surprisingly well for a 10 year old game.

• SonicMage117 and Andy L. Ballard like this

LittleAmadillo0

LittleAmadillo0

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 168 posts

Been playing some Jade Empire. It has been a good experience so far with the combat. Some of the dialogue is a little jarring though.

• Hawke64 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Playing Tomb Raider Underworld has reminded me just how awful the combat was in the OG TR games. In that area, the reboot was a VAST improvement, and I say that about a bog standard cover shooter, that should give you an idea of just how awful the combat was in the old games. With that said, I'm still having a great time with the game. Just about everything in the game that's not combat is really fun. Also, while it's obviously a bit dated, it still holds up graphically surprisingly well for a 10 year old game.

The graphics are definitely the best thing about it. This the one that starts off with the giant octopus right?

The shooting feels like she's holding toy guns, at least the reboot, the bow actually makes you feel powerful and when you can kill an enemy with one shot, it adds some depth and realism to the combat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users