Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
657 replies to this topic

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2723 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Playing some MGS5 again. It's just so good. Really sucks how we got crappy Survive instead of a true coop mode for phantom pain. Ugh, if they just had spend their energy on that instead of something nobody asked for.

I'm beginning to think that they just enjoy being a-holes. You would think that they would release a remastered version of the MGS trilogy...nope, but they have no problem teasing it on the Metal Gear pachinko machines:

https://youtu.be/8fbmXbpB47M

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11307 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Still playing Vampyr.  I think I've stumbled across the first minor nuisance in the game.  These people keep getting sick, and I keep having to administer medicine to them.  I mean, yes, I'm a doctor.  But, come on.  I have things to do (like biting people)!

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1764 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
so charge them by the bite

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3843 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still playing Vampyr.  I think I've stumbled across the first minor nuisance in the game.  These people keep getting sick, and I keep having to administer medicine to them.  I mean, yes, I'm a doctor.  But, come on.  I have things to do (like biting people)!

don't sleep

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Don't explain yourself to these young punks, MW. :p

I always thought MW was in his late 20's!!!

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11307 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

don't sleep

I can never level up if I don't sleep.

Skazz

Skazz

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

^ That's true, but if you're aiming to keep everyone alive and healthy, I really recommend saving up exp between level up visits. Resting advances the in-game "clock" and causes citizens to fall ill, so it's good to keep your naps as rare as possible until you've at least found all the cure recipes and are able to synthesize large quantities of every medicine on a whim.

With the blood shield power (amazing stuff - it doesn't even cost blood!), you can handle fights with 5-10 level gaps with relative ease, which further enables you to cut down on rest frequency.

Also, the shadow-vine-thing eruption ultimate is great for picking off overleveled enemies. The cooldown hurts, but like the shield, it doesn't cost any blood.

Edited by Skazz, 25 June 2018 - 11:51 PM.

• Katphood likes this

Vaeliorin

Vaeliorin

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I picked up NBA 2K18 from the Steam sale (I haven't bought a sports game since NBA 2K04) and it's a pretty decent game.  Yeah, I know the whole VC thing, but if you don't have to be the absolute best and have super skills right off the bat, there's absolutely no reason to buy any.  I've put a total of 500 VC into non-skill related things (seriously, why don't you have a reasonable selection of hair and beard options during character creation?) and my OVR is up to 67, and I'm starting (though we lost the first game I started, but I'm playing with the Pistons and we were playing Houston.) 

Sure, I'm not tearing up the stats sheet (the game I started I had 11 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists, shot 50% from the field and made all of my free throws) but those are pretty decent numbers for where my character is at, I think.  I pretty much always have an A+ teammate score, and we'd won 10 straight games before we played Houston.  Most importantly, though, I'm having fun.  I haven't played a sports game in forever, and had been tempted to buy one of the NBA 2K's for a while, but I hadn't seen one at a decent price, and 2K18 was less than $10, so...seems worth it. :)

• ShadySands likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2723 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Vampyr sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for games that have a time/event system like Deadly Premonition, Majora's Mask or Dead Rising.

I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

PS: Is Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns any good? :3

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9345 posts

If you are allergic to first two games, don't bother with LR.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2723 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

If you are allergic to first two games, don't bother with LR.

I played FF XIII briefly on the PS3 and thought it was super linear and boring. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 667 posts

re-installing and gonna play Tropico 3 ! Listen to El Prisdenté! don't park there... :lol:

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10993 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm nearing the end of Higurashi Chapter 1 and things are picking up. I'm really hooked.

But I'm also splitting time with more Choice of Games titles since Choice of Robots was so good. Just started Fallen Hero Rebirth, which is about a mind controlling supervillain that used to be a hero. And it's pretty nice too.
  • E.RedMark likes this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3811 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Vampyr sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for games that have a time/event system like Deadly Premonition, Majora's Mask or Dead Rising.

I liked FFXIII, and loathed FFXIII:LR.

XIII-2 was the best of trilogy.

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I liked it. FFXIII:LR was much less linear, than FFXIII-1, and it was possible to fail the main quest by running out of time (the plot premise: the apocalypse happens in 13 days and the protagonist has to collect souls in order to save her sister).

• Katphood likes this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 667 posts

I'm nearing the end of Higurashi Chapter 1 and things are picking up. I'm really hooked.

But I'm also splitting time with more Choice of Games titles since Choice of Robots was so good. Just started Fallen Hero Rebirth, which is about a mind controlling supervillain that used to be a hero. And it's pretty nice too.

Ahhhhh...the demo for Book 2 is out..just saying XD check the forum ! when you are done teehee...

• Tale likes this

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Currently playing Anima Gate of Memories: The Nameless Chronicles. Fairly challenging action, though it feels easier than the previous game.

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

hmm, bought that X-Com2 since its in sale. get to like 4rth mission to secure some SPARK robot. get to the roof. There is Some megarobot with 40+ HP and 5 armor and it shoot twice per round. I got rekt. There is no autosave before that mission :(

Sounds like campaign restart :(

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11307 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

^ That's true, but if you're aiming to keep everyone alive and healthy, I really recommend saving up exp between level up visits. Resting advances the in-game "clock" and causes citizens to fall ill, so it's good to keep your naps as rare as possible until you've at least found all the cure recipes and are able to synthesize large quantities of every medicine on a whim.

With the blood shield power (amazing stuff - it doesn't even cost blood!), you can handle fights with 5-10 level gaps with relative ease, which further enables you to cut down on rest frequency.

Also, the shadow-vine-thing eruption ultimate is great for picking off overleveled enemies. The cooldown hurts, but like the shield, it doesn't cost any blood.

I need to read the power descriptions better.

Also, I think I just screwed up my game.  Without going into spoilers for those who haven't played, I made a decision about the pillar of the Docks region that I *though* was both merciful and practical, but instead it has resulted in me now having to kill that pillar (and three NPCs) and that entire region is now going down the crapper because of it.

And because the game uses an autosave, I can't go back in time to change that decision unless I literally start over.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3967 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I looked at my GOG library, because it needs some love, too. Downloaded Cosmic Star Heroine. I expect the wiritng to be below par, but the combat seems fun enough.

• Mamoulian War likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users