What are you playing right now?

South Park: Fractured But Whole

Lots of fun and pretty funny, too. I think I'm nearing the end of the main game and will have the DLC to start afterwards.

How does it compare to the Obsidian-made one?

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

South Park: Fractured But Whole

Lots of fun and pretty funny, too. I think I'm nearing the end of the main game and will have the DLC to start afterwards.

How does it compare to the Obsidian-made one?

Is bigger an answer? It's a lot different overall, numerous character classes, crafting, collectibles. The story is also a lot safer than Stick of Truth was, with less jokes that would be considered offensive, but at the same time I like the inclusiveness they added too.

I'm not comfortable being any more detailed. It's been a long time since I played Stick of Truth and I could easily misremember something and probably already am. Like I said this one was bigger, but something about it feels smaller at the same time. Like the story doesn't go to as many interesting places. This may simply be a consequence of it being safer.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lego Harry Potter, Injustice and Conan Exiles. Trading off between all three (not simultaneously)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Hellbalde:  Senua's Sacrifice.  I'm only at the very start, but I can attest that the graphics are stunning.  I've got everything cranked up to the max on it and it's breathtaking.  Also, while I'm too old to get excited of pixels, I actually think the main character has an interesting face that's somehow weirdly appealing.  The voices are an interesting touch.  Having just got off my Mental Health rotation, I got a laugh out of the whole "we used psychotic people in our design" schtick.  Still, the voices really are creepy.  The gameplay so far gives me the feeling combat will be clunky, but this is clearly a story based game.  I have hopes for something Tormentesque in its storytelling.  We'll see.  I'm just glad to have a few days to get into something.  I'll probably have to put it on hold halfway through, but even if that happens, I'll finish it eventually.  Last game I played was some sort of Edith Finch thing, but that was truly a walking sim and even the wife felt letdown by it.  Not a bad concept, but just a little to boring in execution.

χαίρετε

Graveyard Keeper which is all kinds of awesome. It was free on Xbox Game Pass but I don't mind giving these guys my money at all. It is also a special treat that I can play the game on a 4K screen.

This will most likely end up being my GOTY 2018 but we'll see...

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Graveyard Keeper which is all kinds of awesome. It was free on Xbox Game Pass but I don't mind giving these guys my money at all. It is also a special treat that I can play the game on a 4K screen.

This will most likely end up being my GOTY 2018 but we'll see...

Can’t wait to hear more of your impressions of the game. Seems pretty interesting from what I’ve seen of it.