What are you playing right now?

Oh you annoying gatekeeper death star looking thing.  With one health dot left, its final move is to do this exploding thing where it damaged like 4 of my soldiers within a pretty large radius.  It's the first time I've even seen it do that.

On my next turn, I easily destroyed it.  But now I've got some guys in the infirmary instead of completing a flawless mission.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

GoW: Chains of Olympus is just as awesome and fun as any other GoW game. I also like the narrative and the storytelling, instead of being a simple filler, it is actually intriguing and it sucks you in.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Started the Banner Saga trilogy today. Had finished the first one but lost my end save when my hard-drive died

so starting over. (I also want to play Unavowed, but going to wait till I'm done with the Banner Saga trilogy first.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Finished third in the bafflingly stupid Belgian league system after falling away late and being more or less completely broke (not my fault guv). Apparently that's good enough for CSKA Moscow to offer me a job. Do I take it?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished third in the bafflingly stupid Belgian league system after falling away late and being more or less completely broke (not my fault guv). Apparently that's good enough for CSKA Moscow to offer me a job. Do I take it?

Wait for a better opportunity. Russia is way too cold.

I think I'm nearing the endgame in XCOM 2.  I'm researching the avatar corpse in the Shadow Chamber, and there's nothing else on my map to do (no alien construction projects, no main story missions).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Got around to playing and finishing Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

I'll admit to cheesing Shadow Link, after that harrowing journey I just sat in the corner and kicked him in the head 'til he was dead. I also spent three hours grinding myself to max level in the experience frontloaded island dungeon (there's up to 270 easy experience in the first two screens) after getting my ass handed to myself by the first Blue Ironknuckle (funny how the boss version is easier than the normal ones).

That made the rest of the game relatively smooth sailing. Except for excrutiatingly weird things like having to use the hammer on a forest tile to reveal a town and that final dungeon.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

More XCOM 2.

Now I've got two PSI Ops soldiers in my squad, upped my squad size to six, and have the ability to mind control with each operative.  So most missions I essentially have a squad of 8 soldiers.

It's so weird how they made it so difficult and frustrating early on, and so easy late on.  Usually games take the opposite approach.

I remember an old interview during the time of XCOM 1 where they explained the inverted difficulty curve was somewhat intended, because the retry cost for failing a campaign late in the game was crippling, whereas if you failed early it was no big deal to start afresh.

With the ability to save scum (unless you play ironman), I don't know why that would matter?  I pretty much create a new save after every mission, so if one wipes me out, I won't have to start again just to get back to that point.

Ironman is the one true path!

This would be true if not for game breaking bugs. If you play mods that's kinda common.  

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

More XCOM 2.

Now I've got two PSI Ops soldiers in my squad, upped my squad size to six, and have the ability to mind control with each operative.  So most missions I essentially have a squad of 8 soldiers.

It's so weird how they made it so difficult and frustrating early on, and so easy late on.  Usually games take the opposite approach.

I remember an old interview during the time of XCOM 1 where they explained the inverted difficulty curve was somewhat intended, because the retry cost for failing a campaign late in the game was crippling, whereas if you failed early it was no big deal to start afresh.

With the ability to save scum (unless you play ironman), I don't know why that would matter?  I pretty much create a new save after every mission, so if one wipes me out, I won't have to start again just to get back to that point.

Ironman is the one true path!

This would be true if not for game breaking bugs. If you play mods that's kinda common.  

It's a scary thought for long games I suppose. I did make bi-monthly backups of my Long War save, but fortunately never needed them even across ~350 hours of gameplay. I admit I did alt-F4 a few times, but it was for genuine bugs only. It didn't exist when I first played, but Bronzeman mode is a fantastic addition - like Ironman but you can restart the mission completely if the need arises.

An Ironman game of CK2 will inevitably fall victim to a a good number of bugs as well, but I don't think I could play any other way there either.

That said, the advantage of games like that is that bugs are unlikely to screw you over completely, just set you back a little. I could never play something like New Vegas in Ironman mode where a screwup is instant game over.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ummmm.. Was Aliens: Colonial Marines really that bad? It really is Elite Force II but with Aliens (of course).

Been playing it and haven't ran across any of the game breaking bugs that people here have claimed on it. The only thing that has annoyed me so far is bad companion/squad a.i and some ultra-linear level play - same problems that Elite Force 1 and 2 had.

Ehhh... I'm enjying it, but perhaps my superior intellect allows me to do so. Hey, the ratings have gone up over the years so maybe I'm on to something. There's that. And I'm playing without mods so. Wallah!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The story goes it was a dumpster fire on release, but was somewhat fixed later down the road with multi-GB patches. I say somewhat because they couldn't fix the the fact that the game was simply not very good and couldn't live up to the hype they had generated prior to release. And apparently the AI was still very much broken until some modder found out that a semicolon was missing in the code or something like that, a few months ago.

I played it two years ago in coop and had fun with it, but also used rebalancing and graphical mods, and only paid like $5 for the game. Couldn't really recommend it as-is, and I'd be pretty angry at Randy Pitchford if I had paid full price for it.

re EF2: gr8 b8 m8

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

[...]my superior intellect allows me [...] Wallah!

Covfefe!

Inshallah, mashallah etc --> wallah. It's arabic, and you just activated his trap card. What you though it was a miswriting of voilà instead? How silly.

Though, to be fair you have to have a very high IQ to appreciate sonicmage117.

• Like 2

When you are surrounded by Arabic people and in order to ensure your survival or that you are saying the truth they tell you to say "Wallah!"

^That's why I said it. I was sure that most people here were indian/arabic ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Played some Little Big Planet 3. The series was once one of my all time favorites but after having played a couple of community levels I feel as if I've done this before in LBP 1 & 2.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Played and finished Unavowed.

It's the new adventure by Wadjet Eye Games, set around a group of Buffy-esque supernatural defenders as they and you try to get to the bottom of the shenanigans a demon that possessed you pulled. Apparently inspired by Mass Effect games you can choose which companions to take on an investigation, leading to differing flavor dialogue and puzzle structures. There's two-three puzzles I found facepalm inducing but I managed to solve the rest so they can't be too bad and there's some fun ones in there. Every case ends with a moral choice, almost all of which are set up nicely, though I'm of two mind on their resolutions near the end. Story was good too I think, so I recommend it.

• Like 1

Thinking about the game. How you enjoy it so far?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Preparing for the new WoW expac by clearing bags. Also giving Factorio a try

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ugh.  XCOM 2 crashed three times on the final "mission".  Luckily all three times, the autosave had saved pretty much right at the point of the crash.  Otherwise I would have had to re-play some tediously long fights just to get back to where I was.