What are you playing right now?

that green dwarf.

I think he's an elf.

But I named him Zeldo too, on my first zelda game (1st gen gameboy)

I started Dark Souls 2  recently have an ongoing party of Jagged Alliance 2, which I might restart because I quick-save/load too much.

After putting so many hours in all the Souls games, its impressive how much I died already in DS2

Edited by MrMoe

"I've never actually played a Zelda game so I can't really speak for myself, but according to a whole bunch of people, Nintendo has already done that a long time before Dark Souls existed."

...What, Zelda II?

In Eastern Europe we didn't got access to consoles you are used to. We are PC master race all the way

This used to be true for computers in general, but not anymore. Here in Poland, our vibrant Amiga and Atari communities had lasted pretty much right until the time the first PlayStation hit the country.

I've been playing Torment: Tides of Numenera and really liking it. At least until I got to the Bloom. I hate these sort of areas and it sucked all the interest right out of me to end up in a city that's just fleshy stuff everywhere.

Played a little Red Strings Club and that seems neat, but not enough to get an impression.

And Overlord, the game that first caused me to buy an Xbox 360 controller. And it's still a pretty good game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So today I started up The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel II again. I found everyone who went missing in Class VII now, I only have Jusis left to find yet.

-

UPDATE: 30 minutes ago I found Jusis, man oh man he was sure not making it easy to do so.. having me run in circles, but Class VII is now finally back together again.

UPDATE 2: So I just finished up Act 1 and I'm now starting on Act 2.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

"I've never actually played a Zelda game so I can't really speak for myself, but according to a whole bunch of people, Nintendo has already done that a long time before Dark Souls existed."

...What, Zelda II?

In Eastern Europe we didn't got access to consoles you are used to. We are PC master race all the way

While I'm not Barti I doubt that is what he meant by that comment. He wondered which Zelda title would actually resemble a Soulsborne game and came up with Zelda II, the red headed step child of the series (and the most difficult of them). :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

XCOM2 IMO.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

...What, Zelda II?

While I'm not Barti I doubt that is what he meant by that comment. He wondered which Zelda title would actually resemble a Soulsborne game and came up with Zelda II, the red headed step child of the series (and the most difficult of them). :)

Yep. It's super easy to die because of tiny mistakes, it can be arcane, unreasonably difficult, and the combat is pretty difficult to master (and there are parts that will still be nightmarish even when you do). Seems like the most fitting title...and I would know, having played through it.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I never really had a NES (I had a Master System, our parents thought having the same console twice in the family is a waste of money). My cousin had one and a friend from school so we ended up playing a lot, but playing and finishing a Zelda game was out of scope for simple visits. I do remember hellish platforming sections and dying liberally. And weird old ladies in small villages talking in annoying riddles.

It's one of the NES games I always mean to go back to via emulation and finally finish it.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Alpha Protocol.

Had to replay 3 missions, because I forgot about a critically important optional objective (I thought, I'd have to return to the area, where it was), but I do like that the better ending requires some effort.

Also defeated Omen Deng.

• Like 1

Alpha Protocol.

Had to replay 3 missions, because I forgot about a critically important optional objective (I thought, I'd have to return to the area, where it was), but I do like that the better ending requires some effort.

Also defeated Omen Deng.

If there's one game I'd love to see modernized (but with all the same sort of C&C), it's Alpha Protocol.  A better combat system plus today's graphics?  Move over Splinter Cell.

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Alpha Protocol.

Also defeated Omen Deng.

If there's one game I'd love to see modernized (but with all the same sort of C&C), it's Alpha Protocol.  A better combat system plus today's graphics?  Move over Splinter Cell.

Can I put in a request to fix those abominable minigames while we're at it?

• Like 1

Well War Tech Fighters just left Early Access and was released today. I forgot had I even bought this, I had

put it in my backlog of games since I was waiting for a full release of this. So I'm going to be giving WTF a try.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I never really had a NES (I had a Master System, our parents thought having the same console twice in the family is a waste of money). My cousin had one and a friend from school so we ended up playing a lot, but playing and finishing a Zelda game was out of scope for simple visits. I do remember hellish platforming sections and dying liberally. And weird old ladies in small villages talking in annoying riddles.

It's one of the NES games I always mean to go back to via emulation and finally finish it.

Yeah, that sounds like Zelda II.

Doing the WoW pre-patch stuff, I rather like the removal of PvP-PvE servers as well, at least for my alts - never did buy the wank excuse that ganking lowbies is fun because then you can get the mythical world pvp people talk about.   Apparently levelling is slower, but I'm not seeing it but maybe I am in the wrong range - 30 on the low and 104 at the top.    Then again it's the WoW community who loses their **** at the slightest thing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like Zelda II more than any of the other 2D Zeldas. IIRC, killing Dark Link consistently was doing a jump attack towards him, but you have to do the attack like a frame before you land.

​(e); Or maybe that was how you consistently hit knights...or both. I don't remember for sure, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.