What are you playing right now?

I'm nearing the end of my first ever full playthrough of The Witcher. I'm half-way through Chapter 5, and IMO the game's been a bit of a roller-coaster in terms of quality. Chapters 1, 3 and 5 (so far) are the stronger parts of the game by far, while chapter 2 felt drawn-out, clunky, and at times confusing, and chapter 4 felt almost out-of-place with a story-line that was mostly completely unrelated to everything that was going on in Vizima.

In short -- while I have definitely enjoyed large parts of the game, I am now finding myself having to force my way through to the end. I'm tired of its combat, tired of its flat level design and constant loading screens, and tired of what I can only describe as an overabundance of average quality side-quests that, in the end, have a negative impact on the main story's pacing and flow. So, a flawed gem, perhaps. I don't see myself replaying it but I am looking forward to playing its sequels, which are up next.

While I did also have a playthrough of PoE2 going, that has come to a complete stop as every time a patch is released I am reminded that I'd be better off simply waiting until the game has reached the end of its patch cycle and all DLC is available so I can play the actual finished product, which, like PoE (and props to Obsidian for all the post launch work on that game) will be quite different from what it is now. I'm not bitter, just a bit sad that the game needs as much work as it does.

Edited by Lorfean

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

I just hope Obs will make new IP, and if it will be fantasy I hope it will be more grim dark fantasy/dark ages ala Conan universe. I just can't stand druids running around gunpowder flintlocks, I just can't

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I always wanted Obsidian to make a isometric cyberpunk RPG similar to Fallout with guns, bullets and turn-based combat but I doubt that will ever happen. They seem to be focused on fantasy for now.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I'm playing Hero-U.  It's eliciting strong Quest For Glory vibes, as it should.  It's made by the Coles, the makers of QFG, and is its spiritual successor.  You play as Shawn O'Conner, an aspiring rogue that gets sent to Hero University and placed in the Disbarred Bard (Rogue) class.  Unlike QFG, you don't have character classes to choose from, you are a rogue.  At some point in the game you may be able to take electives (I'm not far enough in to confirm or deny that) which may allow you to gain some minor skills from other classes (the term class is very fitting here since you are at a school).

The main system of the game seems to be time management.  At the beginning of the day you have to be in class, at 6 PM you have to be at dinner, and wandering the school after 10 PM is dangerous since you'll get demerits if you get caught (100 demerits is game over?).  Between those times you can do whatever you want, but the clock is always running, so there's only so much you can do.  You can practice to increase your skills and attributes, study at the library to increase skills and smarts, work in the kitchen to get money, fight creatures in the wine cellar to increase combat skills and get money, play Poobah (a card game), talk to people to get to know them and increase (or decrease) your reputation with them (there is a separate reputation stat for every major character), and solve point & click type puzzles.

There are quite a few characters to get to know at the school between the other students and the faculty.  I don't know if the game has full on romances, but I'm definitely trying to hook up with Esme (I'm assuming that's short for Esmeralda), a gypsy girl in my class.  I don't know if you ever get to leave the school, but outside of the intro scene, the entire game has taken place inside the school so far.  Right now I'm managing my time between trying to increase my combat skills, increasing lock picking, earning money so that I can afford the full school uniform (I got the shirt and tie, now I need the pants and jacket) and my full rogue toolkit (I got a dagger, lockpicks, and chalk so far), solving a puzzle involving a ghost dog (I know what to do but don't have the necessary skill level yet), and getting brownie points with Esme.

Edit: A word of caution.  If you intend to play this game then I hope you have a strong stomach for puns, because the game's cup runneth over with the cheesiest of cheesy puns.  Luckily, I am a fine connoisseur of puns.  :biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Few hours of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. Hydra and Crystal Golem enemies were much easier, than I would have thought. So no need to upgrade Uchigatana before that fight. I have walked through The Blighttown much easier this time. I have died only twice, because I did not watch my steps and was to impatient :p

I decided to pick up some more items before Queelag, and got nice shield from Valley of Drakes, just for this fight. Before the boss, I have restored humanity and defeated also one Black Phantom NPC, to get some more souls for needed new pyromancies and two more levels into dexterity, to be able to wield the Uchigatana. Purchased some of the wares from the Forest Hunter merchant, and got summoned twice to help defeat Queelag.

This game is not very tough when playing coop. The boss both time died in less than 15 seconds :o

My attempt against her will be probably tomorrow. Need to go to bed now :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I never much liked co-op in Soulsborne games. It's like the AI wasn't designed for it at all, since it'll just constantly keep switching targets depending on who hit them last (or over a certain threshold of damage rather than simply one hit, I think, in DS2), which with the exception of Abhorrent Beast in Bloodborne (who's such a gosh-danged ridiculous monster that you really need 3 or 4 people to comfortably handle him - beating him solo is so ridiculously hard, but boy was it great when I finally did), almost always makes them rather trivial. I guess it's just a way for people who really cannot hack it solo to keep progressing, at least.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

FM 2018 still, getting the hang of things, even if the match engine still has amusing BS to justify the results it wants. SI is lucky it has no competition, which is rather surprising after all this time. Managing IF Elfsborg, computer just will not let me beat Malmo or AIK - was doing well until I concede 3 penalties and lose :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started up a replay of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

One of those games that I absolutely *love* for a period of time but then I just don't. I can get a real craving for it but it doesn't really last.

Nevertheless I'm superglad that it did so well for them. It's a unique and ambitious game to be sure and that deserves recognition.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Started up a replay of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

One of those games that I absolutely *love* for a period of time but then I just don't. I can get a real craving for it but it doesn't really last.

Nevertheless I'm superglad that it did so well for them. It's a unique and ambitious game to be sure and that deserves recognition.

I preordered Kingdom Come: Deliverance a few days before it's release, played it at launch but then lost interest in it only after just a few days of playing it. I really

should give this game another try and start a new playthrough. (Since there is no new games releasing soon to grab my interest and pull me in different directions.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I'd love to play the game more, but the game loves to crash my pc so hard, it'll go into bluescreen mode.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'd love to play the game more, but the game loves to crash my pc so hard, it'll go into bluescreen mode.

Still? They pushed out tons of patches

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wanted to play the new dlc on release, played for some hours, then crash. Thanks to the great savegame system I lost god knows how much progress. Didn't bothered with starting it up again.

Will have to search for an updated version of the always-saving mod before I can pick it up again. Though I've read the new dlc is kinda mediocre at best, so I might as well just wait for the next dlc...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Back to Shadow Warrior 2.

What an underrated shooter this is. It has weird and funny characters and moments, a huge arsenal of weapons that can be modded, variety in enemy types, great graphics, classic/arcady gameplay and I'll be damned if this isn't one of the few games that does procederal generation right.

In case you enjoyed the first Shadow Warrior like I did, give this game a chance, it improves on the first game in nearly every way.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

^ How did you like the reveal that

your sire is Merlin?

(heavy spoilers above, if anyone intends to play Vampyr)

Far more ancient than that if we're being honest but I did like the mythology angle.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just started a playthrough of Homefront: The Revolution (Sandy give me a Stream key for this). I been wanting to play this game for a good while, since I loved the first

Homefront. It really does not matter to me that this reboot has mixed reviews on Steam, I'm still going to try it and plan to play this and finish  it's single player campaign. 

Weapons I'm mainly using are,

- Silenced SMG.

- Light Machine Gun.

- Bolt Action Rifle.

UPDATE: Plan to buy The Wing Skull Pack since I like the skins for the motorbike and your pistol. If the main game's story campaign is any good I think I'll even pick up the

expansion pass to go with this. Which has all 3 DLC campaigns included in it. (I mainly want this pass solely for the Beyond the Walls story DLC, but getting the other two DLC's

along with it are just a added bonus for that price.)

UPDATE 2 AND 3: The Wing Skull Pack has just been bought today.

The only issue I had so far, is sometimes the ingame shadows will flicker. This only seems to happen when night-time has come or when I'm in the resistance's subway

HQ. From what I saw in one Youtube video, I now know I'm not the only one who is being effected by this bug, since this shadow flickering is showing up in there game

also. Other then this the game has been running great for me.

Using high graphic settings, with a i5-6600K (3.50 GHz) cpu, GTX 1060 6GB Card, 16GB of Ram and Win 8.1. 64 bit OS.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

FM 2018 still, getting the hang of things, even if the match engine still has amusing BS to justify the results it wants. SI is lucky it has no competition, which is rather surprising after all this time. Managing IF Elfsborg, computer just will not let me beat Malmo or AIK - was doing well until I concede 3 penalties and lose :lol:

I only just left Sweden in my FM17 save, after a stint at Carlstad United. I only play the simplified FM Touch version admittedly so the time flies by, and I'm too lazy to even build tactics these days.

The Belgian league structure is incomprehensible. Actually, I can't even remember if I was hired by Gent or Genk.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I been steadily getting better at FrostPunk, soon I will actually manage to have a working society of British whiny bitches.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Started Hero-U too. One issue is that I don't really want to use the run toggle to move around normally but the real-time clock kinda punishes you for it. But eh, not a big deal. Unless, of course, there's a game over for not accomplishing enough before the vault runs out of water.

For what it's worth, I've never played QFG. If anything, the game makes me feel like Mahoney in the first Police Academy.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 3

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have finished The Witcher! The final chapter and epilogue were mostly solid. I really liked all the stuff in Vizima, the Raven armor quest was neat, and the final boss areas and encounters were cool (the second one in particular, IMO) but good lord, I hated the Swamp Cemetery -- as if I hadn't already killed enough Bloedzuigers, Drowners and Drowned Dead :getlost: not to mention the horrific area design and useless and unnecessary side quests...

The game's conclusion was satisfying and did a good job at setting up potential sequel hooks. Overall, what impressed me most about TW was the delayed C&C and branching storyline. Even though the content was uneven at times, and some of the chapters could've definitely done with some trimming -- both in terms of areas and content -- the story and characters gripped me enough to see it through to the end, and still care once I got there.

I have now started The Witcher 2 (just finished the prologue), and wow... Talk about a leap in quality. Very impressed and enjoying the hell out of it so far.

Edited by Lorfean
  • Like 1

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Yesterday, I defeated Quelaag. I have tried to summon Maneater Mildred NPC phantom, to see how the fight goes. And not much trouble, compared to my first playthrough :p

As soon, I finished her, I got infested in Demon's ruin, to be able to buy new pyromancies from Engyi, and after buying out all unique stuff from Shiva, I have killed him and his bodyguard for unique shield and ring. Of course I got kicked out of Forest Hunter Covenant, but having all their rewards, I am OK with that.

Next was Undead Dragon in Valley of Drakes and his loot, and then, I stopped keeping focus, and got owned by dragons there, and lost 28000 souls :D

So I went suicide run for the last ring, and went up back to Firelink Shrine. Sent Laurentius to death in Blighttown (after buying out all of his spells of course), and went on my way to Sen's Fortress. Ring of Fog helped here a lot, and I died only once on my way up, because I have again lost my concentration. Also, I continued on my quest with Siegmeyer there saved Big Hat Logan and went for the boss.

As before, I have also experimented with the help of NPC phantom Black Iron Tarkus, and watched, how he almost destroyed the boss alone :o After the job was done, I run to Firelink Shrine to purchase Homing Soulmass from Logan, and went for well deserved sleep :p

• Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I been steadily getting better at FrostPunk, soon I will actually manage to have a working society of British whiny bitches.

How is that game, anyway ? Heard it was a bit thin, so to speak.

Save scumming a bit in FM as I want to figure out tactics a bit, deciding to play a, what is to me insane, 4-3-3 wide but I still end up losing.  Once I figure out how to smash a 4-2-2-2 I think I'll roll the Swedish league, but that formation is pain as you'll end up with 8 defenders and I'm not exactly rolling with good players.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got back to Warframe and checked out my character, he is still there! :p

I had about 170 or so Platinum which I got with my PS Plus subscribtion so I went ahead and used something around 130 platinums to buy the Atlas warframe. It was the only one I liked and the stats are great if you are aiming on building a tank.

I'll play more Warframe but first I have to finish Shadow Warrior 2 which I am pretty sure is a lot shorter than Warframe. :grin:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1