What are you playing right now?

Can the battles in Vampyr be cheesed?  I plan to eventually get the game and do a maximum pacifist playthrough, which will mean I will be super weak in battle and will need to resort to cheese tactics.

Kind of. There's a blood shield power that enables you to completely shrug off a set number of hits (any hits) regardless of the level difference, and it doesn't cost any blood. The ultimate abilities don't cost any blood either, so if you're patient, you can pop the shield and slowly chip away at your enemies with a hit-and-run approach while you wait for the cooldowns to refresh.

That blood shield doesn't work well for me.  It seems to absorb like one hit, then I get pummeled relentlessly right after.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Completed 1 playthrough of Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles, going for NG+.

More linear, than the first game, but still engaging action. The story takes place at the same time and place as Gate of Memories from the perspective of one of the antagonists, the Nameless. There are new locations, as well as the ones, presented in GoM. Instead of the Link system, there is Thanatos. It allows to power-up and sometimes alter attacks. Different equipment is visible on the character. Puzzles are interesting, platforming sections are rare and much easier, than in GoM. The soundtrack and graphics are good, the controls are responsive and customizable, but there are no on-screen prompts for keyboard nor 5-button mouse support. The plot heavily relies on the lack of trust and communication between the protagonists ("Should I explain my reasons? Nah, better to punch them"). VA and dialogues are comical, when they're supposed to be tragic.

Still, The Nameless Chronicles is a much better action-adventure, than NieR: Automata (except soundtrack), thus recommended.

Managed to get to the end of the Path of Pain in Hollow Knight only to not pay attention and die fighting the final two enemies.

Words cannot express just how much I hate myself right now.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I found a new favorite gun in Warframe, the Drakgoon.  It's basically Unreal's Flak Cannon.  It has 2 firing modes.   The primary mode fires a wide spread of hot shrapnel.  This is the firing mode I use 99% of the time.  The other firing mode is a charged shot which instead fires a much tighter spread of shrapnel, making the gun more effective at medium range.  I increased the damage, via mods, so much that even a medium range the wide spread still does devastating damage and I used an Orokin Catalyst to double the mod capacity of the gun because I like it so much.  This baby OBLITERATES swarms of enemies very quickly and has a very good firing rate.  About the only negative is the slow reload speed, something I somewhat compensated for via mods.  This goes against my standard modding philosophy of accentuating a weapon's strength rather than trying to mitigate its weaknesses (because mods are percentage based, hence a 10% increase on a small number is much smaller than a 10% increase on a large number).  With the Orokin Catalyst doubling mod capacity, however, I had room to address the weakness of slow reloads a bit while still amplifying the already terrifying damage output and status effect chance (I'm at 64% status effect chance, that's insane!  :w00t: ).

TR_Drakgoon.jpg

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Trying out Guild Wars 2 at the moment. Still early days (got a necromancer to level 11), but at least it's tonnes of more fun than WoW

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are available on Xbox Game Pass and they have recieved a 4K boost in resolution so I am trying out those. Oblivion looks awesome in 4K, and is still fun to play.

Fallout 3 I haven't tried yet, I need a cup of tea before I can do that gut-wrenching 'birhtday party' quest at the beginning of the game. :/

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Trying to get myself to take on that last mission of the previous Guild Wars 2 Living World episode (Living World Season 4 episode 2). Excessively long instances with frustrating buggy boss fights aren't really my jam and that's exactly what pretty much every story boss has turned out to be. But gotta get past it to get more story.

Thankfully most of the rest of the game is still awesome.

But don't get me started on the game's optimization (or lack of it, rather), makes Fallout 4 look good.

More Dark Souls again. I was able to defeat Sif and Seath today.

The fight with Sif is pretty sad encounter :(  And Seath, I think it is very easy fight, if you have a lot of patience, which I sometimes lack. And my impatience killed me 5 times.

Moving forward to some new area. Either Painted World or Demon Ruins... Which I thinks are boring, so I am not very eager to go there...

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Been doing well in backlog cleaning. Down from 352 games to 343 games.

I suck at Backlog: The Eternal Struggle. I play it for a bit but can't seem to beat the first boss.

Lol. Checking for double copies of games I own. I only have 329 games left. I do have about 50 PS+ games that I want to try, though.

The positive thing is that I have already included my pre-ordered and backed games via Kickstarter in my 329 number. I doubt I'll buy more games this year. At most, I will get Yakuza 6. I wanted it at release, but I forced myself not to buy it.

Subnautica

NEED MORE TITANIUM

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bought Fm2018 because I am a fool, and it was cheaper.  It's ok, same old game, but at least I got a DB update.  Some of the UI changes are nice, but overall I hate it and the change to scouting is a bit annoying but is just something to get used to,

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been doing well in backlog cleaning. Down from 352 games to 343 games.

I suck at Backlog: The Eternal Struggle. I play it for a bit but can't seem to beat the first boss.

Lol. Checking for double copies of games I own. I only have 329 games left. I do have about 50 PS+ games that I want to try, though.

The positive thing is that I have already included my pre-ordered and backed games via Kickstarter in my 329 number. I doubt I'll buy more games this year. At most, I will get Yakuza 6. I wanted it at release, but I forced myself not to buy it.

I plan on sticking to PS+ and Xbox Game Pass for now, no more new games because I have a ton and the new ones here are crazy expensive right now. The last games I bought were Yakuza 6 and Wolfenstein II but I doubt I'll be buying anything new until Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out...that's not all that far away actually. :grin:

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished the Path of Pain and the White Palace in Hollow Knight. The second run through was actually fun... it takes a while to figure out the details and learn to deal with the silly design decisions (double jump dipping you down a bit before going up, the shade cloak needing 2 frames to actually make the character invincible and, oh yeah, that unskippable nail animation, grrr) but then it's pretty much a blast.

Ended up doing the Path a third time just for fun. Took me something like 6 minutes. Speedruns clock in at an insane 2:20 or so. :blink:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I finally found a melee weapon I really like in Warframe, I had been struggling to find one previously.  I had tried a couple of staves, and they were okay, with good reach and decent range, but lackluster damage.  I tried a hammer, which had decent reach and did tremendous damage, but it was just way too slow, especially the follow through.  I tried a sword, it was...  okay, really average.  I tried some hand and foot coverings which magnified my punch and kick damage, but the reach and damage output were both really disappointing.  My previous favorite was the Zoren dual axes, which were quite fast and had good damage output.  The reach was a bit lacking, though.  My new favorite is the Guandao polearm.  It has middling attack speed with good damage output and excellent reach, allowing me to hit lots of enemies at the same time with wide, sweeping strikes.  Against single targets the damage output is decent, but against packs of enemies its damage output far surpasses any melee weapon I had used previously.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

When not playing GW2, then having fun with Saints Row 3 in co-op. Surprisingly funny being the "bad" guys :grin:

I was wondering why my co-op partner could survive the stuff we ran into. Turns out she has been playing it for a long time and has most of the upgrades (and probably a handful hacks) on her character. No fair! :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There was a dude who started punching me for no reason in Watch_Dogs 2, so I called the cops and they arrested him.

... am I playing this GTA-like game right?

Edited by Fenixp