What are you playing right now?

Still playing Vampyr.  I think I've stumbled across the first minor nuisance in the game.  These people keep getting sick, and I keep having to administer medicine to them.  I mean, yes, I'm a doctor.  But, come on.  I have things to do (like biting people)!

don't sleep

I can never level up if I don't sleep.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^ That's true, but if you're aiming to keep everyone alive and healthy, I really recommend saving up exp between level up visits. Resting advances the in-game "clock" and causes citizens to fall ill, so it's good to keep your naps as rare as possible until you've at least found all the cure recipes and are able to synthesize large quantities of every medicine on a whim.

With the blood shield power (amazing stuff - it doesn't even cost blood!), you can handle fights with 5-10 level gaps with relative ease, which further enables you to cut down on rest frequency.

Also, the shadow-vine-thing eruption ultimate is great for picking off overleveled enemies. The cooldown hurts, but like the shield, it doesn't cost any blood.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

I picked up NBA 2K18 from the Steam sale (I haven't bought a sports game since NBA 2K04) and it's a pretty decent game.  Yeah, I know the whole VC thing, but if you don't have to be the absolute best and have super skills right off the bat, there's absolutely no reason to buy any.  I've put a total of 500 VC into non-skill related things (seriously, why don't you have a reasonable selection of hair and beard options during character creation?) and my OVR is up to 67, and I'm starting (though we lost the first game I started, but I'm playing with the Pistons and we were playing Houston.) 

Sure, I'm not tearing up the stats sheet (the game I started I had 11 points, 4 rebounds and 6 assists, shot 50% from the field and made all of my free throws) but those are pretty decent numbers for where my character is at, I think.  I pretty much always have an A+ teammate score, and we'd won 10 straight games before we played Houston.  Most importantly, though, I'm having fun.  I haven't played a sports game in forever, and had been tempted to buy one of the NBA 2K's for a while, but I hadn't seen one at a decent price, and 2K18 was less than $10, so...seems worth it. :)

• Like 1

Vampyr sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for games that have a time/event system like Deadly Premonition, Majora's Mask or Dead Rising.

I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

PS: Is Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns any good? :3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

If you are allergic to first two games, don't bother with LR.

I played FF XIII briefly on the PS3 and thought it was super linear and boring. Maybe I'll give it another try someday.

re-installing and gonna play Tropico 3 ! Listen to El Prisdenté! don't park there... :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'm nearing the end of Higurashi Chapter 1 and things are picking up. I'm really hooked.

But I'm also splitting time with more Choice of Games titles since Choice of Robots was so good. Just started Fallen Hero Rebirth, which is about a mind controlling supervillain that used to be a hero. And it's pretty nice too.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Vampyr sounds very interesting, I'm a sucker for games that have a time/event system like Deadly Premonition, Majora's Mask or Dead Rising.

I liked FFXIII, and loathed FFXIII:LR.

XIII-2 was the best of trilogy.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I liked it. FFXIII:LR was much less linear, than FFXIII-1, and it was possible to fail the main quest by running out of time (the plot premise: the apocalypse happens in 13 days and the protagonist has to collect souls in order to save her sister).

• Like 1

I'm nearing the end of Higurashi Chapter 1 and things are picking up. I'm really hooked.

But I'm also splitting time with more Choice of Games titles since Choice of Robots was so good. Just started Fallen Hero Rebirth, which is about a mind controlling supervillain that used to be a hero. And it's pretty nice too.

Ahhhhh...the demo for Book 2 is out..just saying XD check the forum ! when you are done teehee...

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

hmm, bought that X-Com2 since its in sale. get to like 4rth mission to secure some SPARK robot. get to the roof. There is Some megarobot with 40+ HP and 5 armor and it shoot twice per round. I got rekt. There is no autosave before that mission :(

Sounds like campaign restart :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

^ That's true, but if you're aiming to keep everyone alive and healthy, I really recommend saving up exp between level up visits. Resting advances the in-game "clock" and causes citizens to fall ill, so it's good to keep your naps as rare as possible until you've at least found all the cure recipes and are able to synthesize large quantities of every medicine on a whim.

With the blood shield power (amazing stuff - it doesn't even cost blood!), you can handle fights with 5-10 level gaps with relative ease, which further enables you to cut down on rest frequency.

Also, the shadow-vine-thing eruption ultimate is great for picking off overleveled enemies. The cooldown hurts, but like the shield, it doesn't cost any blood.

I need to read the power descriptions better.

Also, I think I just screwed up my game.  Without going into spoilers for those who haven't played, I made a decision about the pillar of the Docks region that I *though* was both merciful and practical, but instead it has resulted in me now having to kill that pillar (and three NPCs) and that entire region is now going down the crapper because of it.

And because the game uses an autosave, I can't go back in time to change that decision unless I literally start over.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

@Labadal regarding Cosmic Star Heroine.

I was thinking about that game in winter sale, but did not purchased it in the end. Can you give some spoilerfree review or impressions, after you finish the game?

Edit: *sighs* whenever I decide to not use quote function, my question almost always ends up as a first on next page. Confusion takes over...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

Still playing Vampyr.  I think I've stumbled across the first minor nuisance in the game.  These people keep getting sick, and I keep having to administer medicine to them.  I mean, yes, I'm a doctor.  But, come on.  I have things to do (like biting people)!

don't sleep

I can never level up if I don't sleep.

Level up in one go after you have cured everyone, and kill the gay guys one of them has the best sabre in the whole game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

@Labadal regarding Cosmic Star Heroine.

I was thinking about that game in winter sale, but did not purchased it in the end. Can you give some spoilerfree review or impressions, after you finish the game?

Edit: *sighs* whenever I decide to not use quote function, my question almost always ends up as a first on next page. Confusion takes over...

Sure. I'll post impressions after I finish it. (I didn't actually buy it. For the first time in my life, I won a contest. GOG twitter contest.)

• Like 1

I liked it. FFXIII:LR was much less linear, than FFXIII-1, and it was possible to fail the main quest by running out of time (the plot premise: the apocalypse happens in 13 days and the protagonist has to collect souls in order to save her sister).

Dang, I gotta get my hands on that game.

Hmmm, Steam or PS3? That is the question...

Keep in mind, it’s not JRPG, but hack’n’slash :p

• Like 2

Also, I think I just screwed up my game.  Without going into spoilers for those who haven't played, I made a decision about the pillar of the Docks region that I *though* was both merciful and practical, but instead it has resulted in me now having to kill that pillar (and three NPCs) and that entire region is now going down the crapper because of it.

And because the game uses an autosave, I can't go back in time to change that decision unless I literally start over.

I think that's the entire point of the game, and the frequently stated reason (e.g. on loading screens) why you can't do manual saves: the developers want you to face the consequences of your actions, and a quick and painless reload would take away from that. I'm not sure whether I completely agree with the choice, but I definitely respect the intent of what they were trying to do here.

As for the docks, if I remember correctly...

The only way to prevent the docks from collapsing into chaos is to force Sean into drinking your blood (which costs XP), hence turning him into a proper vampire and overriding his skal hunger. All the other choices will end up in tragedy in the end.

Also, unrelated stray thought:

Skal'd Sean is honestly messed up.

Edited by Skazz

Keep in mind, it’s not JRPG, but hack’n’slash :p

Oh thank god! Not that I hat jrpgs, but they do need a hefty amount of time if you want to beat one.

LR needs a little bit more of time as well. There is some grinding if you want to do all sidequests.

Anyway. Being today sick, I spent more time on Dark Souls. I was lucky, and found a guy who is helping with Smough and Ornstein fight, so I summoned him. This made the fight piss easy to single player attempt O.o

But I was to greedy with the Ornstein having like 200 HP left so I run for him and he jumped and made his jumping super move and hit me with all the electricity released. He killed me, but I was lucky again, that the guy who was helping me had landed the killing blow, before he was unsummoned, and it counted as a kill for me as well. I have looted Smough’s Soul and med three levels after the fight.

I have returned to Firelink Shrine and revived Keeper of the Bonfire with his soul, which I got two days ago when invading Lautrac’s domain.

Later I went for The Catacombs, because I was lucky with Silver Knight Spear drop, and killed Pinwheel on first try.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1

The Cheat Engine table I was using to make Ignis have certain hair and no glasses broke with the last patch/update. Noooooo. I mean the official version is fine but sometimes no-glasses was cool too. The creator of the table hasn't updated it.

...does this mean I'm going to have to learn how to use Cheat Engine too and see if I can figure out how to fix it myself?

At this rate XV is going to have me installing/learning (or more accurately, failing to learn) 100 new little programs before I'm done. This is becoming rather ridiculous. I mean I don't play it that much right now but maybe at this point I should just quit the game entirely** especially since I don't have faith their "mod support" will get a lot better even with a level-editor.

** ....like that's going to happen.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts