I'm wondering about the True to Form sidequest for Hiravias, and just which direction to steer him in in the end.  While I'm inclined to follow Galawain's request in the end and send the souls to strengthen the Dyrwood, Hiravias seems happier in the end if he sticks with Wael instead of going back to Galawain.  If I encourage Hiravias to follow Wael, though, he'll also encourage me to break my promise to Galawain and do what Wael wants, which will mean the Dyrwood will suffer (and the dragon fights in Deadfire will harder, from my understanding).

What's the more ethical direction to encourage Hiravias in?  What way did YOU steer him in and why?

I for most of my play through I usually choose Wael. I like Wael in general compared to the other gods at how hand off his interactions with kith are while other kith have more interaction with their gods but do next to nothing in aiding kith. As for Hiravias himself, I truly thought that he found some inner peace when he chooses to fully accept Waels teachings. 

I see.  And do you pick Wael's option for the souls in the end?  I agree with you that Wael's encouraging of kith to seek answers on their own is admirable, but it seems like the only way to do what he likes in the end means guaranteeing more suffering because you have to break a previous promise to one of the other gods, and I don't WANT to cause more suffering or break promises.

I see.  And do you pick Wael's option for the souls in the end?  I agree with you that Wael's encouraging of kith to seek answers on their own is admirable, but it seems like the only way to do what he likes in the end means guaranteeing more suffering because you have to break a previous promise to one of the other gods, and I don't WANT to cause more suffering or break promises.

It mainly depends on the character I play and what one considers as a "good" choice.

For example choosing Hylea's option to return souls to the body. It can be seen as the best option for the souls, but this also accounting for an entire generation of parents who have to grieve or worry that they themselves made the wrong choice by killing their hollowborn children. Can it be seen as a good choice? Absolutely, but so can Galawain's option of strengthening the populace, or Bearath's option of restoring balance, or Rymergand's choice to stop the souls toil of a never ending cycle, or even Skean! (for all you know the other god just don't like they have to obey the whims of another). You see how if you play a certain character the god's choices can make sense in some way.

As for breaking that promise well lets look at the quest Undying Heritage. Releasing the soul may feel like the best option at the time, but in the ending credits the device is used again and ultimately the district is abandoned for good. The only to ensure that never happens again is to overload the device and destroying the souls within condemning them to oblivion. Would you go against a god's orders and facing their wrath if it meant a brighter future?

Wael

I see!  Could you elaborate a little more, please?  I don't mind spoilers, I'm actively seeking them here.

You want explanation? That's not a waely thing to do.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Wael

I see!  Could you elaborate a little more, please?  I don't mind spoilers, I'm actively seeking them here.

You want explanation? That's not a waely thing to do.

As it has been said,

"What is an answer without a question? May I be dead and my soul scattered to the winds before anyone knows for certain,"

• Like 1

• 9 months later...