I'm playing in potd with scaling option enabled. The number of enemies on screen are too many. It's just crazy. It makes the battle unmanageable. I can't even see where are my party characters are. So Obsidian, you gimped the sound effects, you gimped the visual effects and you reduce 1 party character. You solve nothing on combat clarity. I would suggest you tone down the number of enemies on screen and increase the HP and ranks of said enemies instead.

I'm not sure if it's game engine issue. With that huge amount of mobs on screen the game performance suffer. I play other ARPG like diablo and grimdawn where they have huge amount of enemies on screen, but there's no such performance issue.

• Like 2

i actually find the number of mobs fine but due to performance issue and visual clarity  it makes combat difficult to manage. with all those very cool weapons that does aoe damage having lots of mobs are fun. wondering if it's game engine issue or was it 3D issue? honestly i think the game should go full 3D since there's alot of the in game assets are actually 3D. the only 2D were static background. 

having the ability to rotate the screen i think it really helps.

Nah, it's fine.

They should be fixing combat clarity and performance, not getting rid of challenging enemy mobs.

No comment on "graargh you nerf!!!" which you post in every single post in every single thread.

• Like 4

don't think the number of ennemie is the issue (at least not to me) . Homewhever a better camera is what I need ! let me zoom further sheesh! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

don't think the number of ennemie is the issue (at least not to me) . Homewhever a better camera is what I need ! let me zoom further sheesh! 

Use the console command:

SetZoomRange 0.5 2.0

You will have to experiment according to your preference. I'm playing with 0.2 4.0 iirc. The default is 0.75 1.5 (or at least it was in PoE1)

sign.jpg

Use the console command:

SetZoomRange 0.5 2.0

You will have to experiment according to your preference. I'm playing with 0.2 4.0 iirc. The default is 0.75 1.5 (or at least it was in PoE1)

and what does that do ?  :huh:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

It changes how far in and out you can zoom. The smaller number is how close you can get, the larger number is how far away.

Full instructions: press ~ (under the Esc key on most keyboards) and then type SetZoomRange 0.5 2.0 and then press Enter

Edited by house2fly
  • Like 2

It changes how far in and out you can zoom. The smaller number is how close you can get, the larger number is how far away.

Full instructions: press ~ (under the Esc key on most keyboards) and then type SetZoomRange 0.5 2.0 and then press Enter

Thanx! :D Although..that should've been an option from the beginning . Maybe a Camera system like in DAI....

Elderly Hive Dweller