PMed a Dev regarding issues

He's going to look into the Flags situation and my Cached Data in Saves issues

He told me I was welcome to PM him when required - silly of him, I immediately PMed him another

Despite being documented at the top of our one and only Sticky (How to structure a mod) the conversationbundle instructions don't work (tried many variants of the theme)

The only way is still to modify the version in exported - I'll get to that in a moment...

He's said he'll meet the devs on Monday to discuss these concerns

I was doing the convo mod to try to turn a non-vendor into a vendor - sorta worked but you can only sell stuff available from other vendors in the area so a useless concept. Have asked if we can have an OpenStore that works with a LootList ID

I did have one rather useful experiment though

I was playing with TT1's Dead Parrot (don't think he's released it yet) this morning so added a GiveItem with the DeadParrot's ID and I've now got an unending supply of Dead Parrots :)

This is a useful trick as there are way more named NPCs than vendors as it allows a non-vendor method of doing something like the "Chest of Consumables" req

It'll be a lot better when they fix / tell us how to convo mod properly

• Like 2

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

What is convo mod?

mod of conversations scripts

P.S. i wanna a dead parrot  :wowey::cat:

Edited by kilay

Just had a PM or two from the devs

Basically the info I have is they're gonna fix the issues we raised - bear in mind though that it might take a while

The things I've personally requested are...

• Override for converstions
  • Override for icons
  • Override for sounds
  • Fix the exported directory

There are a few other issues but these ones are the headlines

As NexusMods is expected to be built in to 1.2.0 they've obviously taking more notice of us now

I notice we've had some Dev replies at last so this is encouraging.

Obviously they're also working on the updates as well but if we get a little time out of them it's a 'good thing'

If you know a Dev's handle - drop them a PM - in the PM if you their in their handle it'll show up marked as a Dev. Don't use this for community Qs we can answer, use it for something that don't work (as per my above list for example). Asking a Dev how to write a Mod will put them off us, pointing out a feature that aids us will make them love us.

e.g. - no 'How do I...' that's what the group is for (I am quite tempted to pose TT1's attach an attack though - that's a valid one IMHO)

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

I hope they're still planning to try and set up conversationbundles so they can go in per-mod subfolders. That would make things much tidier. I like tidy things.

Another concern of mine: Is the in-game mod support system going to be able to tell when two different mods are altering the same file? Pop up a little red "mods conflict" flag? I don't know how much overlap exists out there in PoEII mod land as of yet, but I've seen it become quite an issue in other games.

I hope they're still planning to try and set up conversationbundles so they can go in per-mod subfolders. That would make things much tidier. I like tidy things.

Another concern of mine: Is the in-game mod support system going to be able to tell when two different mods are altering the same file? Pop up a little red "mods conflict" flag? I don't know how much overlap exists out there in PoEII mod land as of yet, but I've seen it become quite an issue in other games.

Yeah, good idea, also to avoid corruption of data  they could add some pop-up warning on saves that had loaded some mods before

Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Something I've been working on this week is automating reading design/gamedata - so far I've just about finished items.gamedatabundle. The others will be easier to process as I've now got all the basics sorted out.

In a week or so I should have em all done - it's a laborious task but the goal is worth it.

Once I've done that I should be able to take a set of mods and discover conflicts.

I'm planning to make it public eventually so ppl can discover if their new mod conflicts with any existing ones