Hello fellow Watchers,

i recently had a nice trail of iron game with my spellblade character.

And then there was this one fight where i overestimated my parties abilities and we got pretty much wiped. Just my MC managed to get away using an invisibility potion since he already used all his guile. Then when i tried to leave the area i couldn't. It didn't even tell me that i had to "gather my party". Just nothing, no reaction from the game at all. So i was wondering why i cannot leave my companions behind and if you guys would consider that an oversight or even a bug considering the game just doesn't react at all.

Cheers,

Dulak, your friendly rouge

I may be wrong, but maybe it's because combat has not ended? I'm not sure how to solve this. The only solutions i can imagine would be to end combat by having your MC get killed or kill the ennemies, or manage your party members and kick those who are knock down. But, in Iron Mode, being killed just wouldn't do, right? And i don't think you are allowed to manage your party in such a situation.

As long as your unconscious team members are near enemies they won't rise again after combat ended (if it ends in the first place). That prevents you from leaving the map. I agree that there should be an option to leave them (=killing them). Maybe a choice window that pops up once you want to leave the map like "Do you want to abandon your unconscious party members and travel on" or so.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah running away from a fight that has already started is not accepted regardless of difficulty AFAIK - exits remain locked closed until combat finishes - I'm not sure if hiding for a long enough time will allow the game to drop out of combat mode but even if it did your enemies are still going to be near your fallen comrades and when they get up they will return to combat mode and immediately attack them which in their weakened state is likely to prove fatal almost immediately and you're right back in the same situation. Sounds like game over 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

This is why you don't fight where enemies initially are, but lure them away from their starting location. If people start dropping and you run away with the remaining members the others will get up as well when enemies have moved back.

Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Like 1

As long as your unconscious team members are near enemies they won't rise again after combat ended (if it ends in the first place). That prevents you from leaving the map. I agree that there should be an option to leave them (=killing them). Maybe a choice window that pops up once you want to leave the map like "Do you want to abandon your unconscious party members and travel on" or so.

I'd definitely used this option with some party compositions. Intentionally. ;)

• Like 1

sign.jpg