Long time purchaser, first time writer...

I just wanted to thank all of you at Obsidian for releasing a game with the level of art and style I have been waiting for pretty much since NWN and PS:T.

So many isometric style RPGs or ARPGs have come and gone while the art (both in terms of pure graphical fidelity and overall execution) have malingered somewhere between their ancient forebearers and something that would be in line with a mobile game of yesteryear.

PoE2 finally has that graphical upgrade I kept thinking was inside of each new title... only to be disappointed.

While story, design, and execution have all varied from dizzying heights to disappointing depths in all of these titles, the art remained consistently low-poly smudges best viewed from afar and possibly with a healthy dose of imagination.

Can I survive with less?  Of course! Have for years.

But damn it feels good to actually be able to enjoy this aspect as well.

So as a long time (mildly) suffering gamer from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU!

• Like 17

Spent around 200 hours but haven't yet complete the game (try out multiple builds and abandon them). I would say this game is really beautiful. Literally everything from the the settings, lore, visuals, characters and combat. Sure there some flaws here and there but this game is truly beautiful. Loving most of the characters ranging from xoti, pallegina, tahehu, eder, maia, mirke and many more. Loving the valians, huana, principi and all those gibberish words ranging from ac, agracima, ekera and ranga nui!

Oh and yes the combat is awesome!

• Like 2

Spent around 200 hours but haven't yet complete the game (try out multiple builds and abandon them). I would say this game is really beautiful. Literally everything from the the settings, lore, visuals, characters and combat. Sure there some flaws here and there but this game is truly beautiful. Loving most of the characters ranging from xoti, pallegina, tahehu, eder, maia, mirke and many more. Loving the valians, huana, principi and all those gibberish words ranging from ac, agracima, ekera and ranga nui!

Oh and yes the combat is awesome!

First game of its kind I completed without trying different builds first.
  • Like 1

Been a Black Isle/ Obsidian fan since childhood. Icewind Dale (1 and 2), Neverwinter Nights 2, and now the Pillars of Eternity series have all been my favorites in the genre through out the years. So yes, I'm with the OP: a big huge thanks to Obsidian! Your works are what inspired me to get into this field. Looking forward to what comes next!

• Like 3

Guest 4ward

Obsidian has great artists. My personal favourite are the illustrations in the scripted interactions. Exploring the narrows was great fun and reminded me very much of the fantasy gamebooks from Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone i used to play. (I wish i could post some screenshots of those illustrations from deadfire but am not currently playing the game as i've no access to my gaming pc these days)