the description of this spell is weird

In my case:

"area of effect: friendly target + 7.1 m radius from the caster + 7.1 m radius from the caster"

what does this even mean????

more over the spell is supposed to do two things, yet I can rarely affect my enemies with, mostly heal allies

the spell just doesn't do anything to the enemies at all, I checked the combat log, nothing.

I'm not sure what the two circles mean????

I also check the damage, it only has 3 components: base damage, priest power level and Might

What about my disposition?????

Hadn't noticed that before, my guess is that those refer to the separate friendly AoE and foe AoE (even though they are the same). In practice though, it's just the area around the caster as shown on screen when you hover over the ability. 

The problem with among others Holy Radiance is that these descriptions are automatically generated off of the status effects they apply, and sometimes this goes a bit wrong. You can see the same thing with Xoti's level 1 Blessed Harvest spell, which lists a 120 base damage but actually only uses that when the target is at least Bloodied (as per the textual description), it's I think only 20 base otherwise. Parsing conditional effects in particular seems to be a bit wonky. Can definitely recommend carefully reading the text as well to make sure what a spell or ability is meant to do. 

This is also what makes the second Holy Radiance effect confusing: this only applies to Vessels (eg. Revenants, Skeletons, Constructs, etc.). To other enemies it doesn't do anything. Unfortunately it only says this in the text (and fails to capitalize Vessel, which also doesn't help).

As for the dispositions, I'm not sure. It could be that this actually changes the base damage, but I haven't used Priests much myself so far (only Xoti). Presumably others here will know, though.

Edited by Loren Tyr

holy radiance has two distinct effects: burn vessels and heal friendlies.  am s'posing from game mechanics pov it is best to think of holy radiance as two distinct abilities which is utilized simultaneous.  the aoe for heal and the aoe burn for holy radiance, while insular and distinct, is functional identical.  get two separate aoe. admitted, the verbiage is unclear, but am thinking it ain't too difficult to untangle this particular mystery.

it appears the dispositions alter base heal and damage, though the tooltip don't make such clear.  Gromnir somehow managed to get a tick worth o' rational on our shaman (priest o' wael.) had a save immediate before and after we received a certain quest which required us to choose rational to access.  *grumble* in any event, we saw how our burn and heal base numbers for holy radiance changed when we were suffering from the effect o' an opposition disposition.  2 points base heal and damage were lost.  sadly, the impact o' dispositions on base numbers for holy radiance is not made clear and is only observable by gain o' favorable and disfavored dispositions. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)