Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[CLASS BUILD & MECHANICS 101] Let's learn with Umezawa! (Streetfighter/Wael)

class build build priest rogue zealot wael streetfighter mechanics 1.2

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14502 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

addendum: Wow... A Wizard/Streetfighter in his own Chillfog with Resistance to Perception AFF, Infuse wVE, Alacrity, Citzal's Spirit Lance, Zandethu's Draconic Fury and Deathblows is... awesome. :) 

• thelee and hansvedic like this

Haplok

Haplok

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Whisps can be upgraded to cause Distracted on hit. So from PL 5 on you could summon Whisps that attack you, giving you little damage (laughable with very low Shock PEN) but keep you Distracted/Flanked all the time. Heh. I think I also read that in some forum build lately. Which one was it again? Could wear Deltro's Helm in order to profit from the shock damage a bit...

I believe Metaturtle used the Wisps in his Sweeper Agent (Troubadour/Streetfighter) build...

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14502 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Yes, that's the one. :)

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

addendum: Wow... A Wizard/Streetfighter in his own Chillfog with Resistance to Perception AFF, Infuse wVE, Alacrity, Citzal's Spirit Lance, Zandethu's Draconic Fury and Deathblows is... awesome. :)

sounds like fun. would definitely have to script a lot of that self-buffing away though or else it could get real tedious real fast.

FWIW my blackjacket+streetfighter build basically put a blunderbuss in each of 4 weapon slots and used quick switch to switch to an un-fired blunderbuss as necessary to trigger powder burns, with zero delay. not as much peak damage as the zealot here or i'm sure the spellblade there, but frequently found it to be a "good enough" way to sustain heating up uptime for a long time (and just relied on heavy armor for survivability); worked well with mob stance to boot. streetfighter is just a fun subclass that rewards you for metagaming even just a little bit.

Edited by thelee, 09 November 2018 - 10:27 AM.

Killyox

Killyox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why don't you use the pet with PARTY EFFECT that reduces armor recovery instead of Cosmo?

Nalvi - +1 resolve, party wide reduction of recovery penalty for armors

when it comes to pets, the party-wide effect is always weaker than the mainchar-only effect. in this case, nalvi gives you a much smaller improvement to armor recovery than epsilon or pirate cosmo (albeit it gives it to everyone). you can lean that way if you want, but this class is such a glass cannon you really want to be selfish with the armor recovery reduction.

also, in more recent versions of the game (due to consumables nerf), we don't actually want too much extra resolve because it hurts our ability to distract ourself (either with powder burns or sparkcrackers). if you're not going that route, then maybe the +1 resolve is decent.

34% for 55% armor just for PC vs 38% for 55% armor for everyone. IF soloi then sure, but with an entire party? I think the latter is preferable. What do you think?

Also looking forward to more guides, like Cipher/x Druid/x etc. Great work.

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why don't you use the pet with PARTY EFFECT that reduces armor recovery instead of Cosmo?

when it comes to pets, the party-wide effect is always weaker than the mainchar-only effect. in this case, nalvi gives you a much smaller improvement to armor recovery than epsilon or pirate cosmo (albeit it gives it to everyone). you can lean that way if you want, but this class is such a glass cannon you really want to be selfish with the armor recovery reduction.

also, in more recent versions of the game (due to consumables nerf), we don't actually want too much extra resolve because it hurts our ability to distract ourself (either with powder burns or sparkcrackers). if you're not going that route, then maybe the +1 resolve is decent.

34% for 55% armor just for PC vs 38% for 55% armor for everyone. IF soloi then sure, but with an entire party? I think the latter is preferable. What do you think?

Possibly. It really depends on the rest of your party. I tend to value +stride bonuses significantly (Epsilon in current revision of guide is recommended over Cosmo Pirate/Abraham) because of the huge survivability boost they can give your squishies.

One thing to be aware of is the difference between nalvi and epsilon's armor recovery when it comes to using miscreant's leather. when you have nalvi equipped the advantage is so slight over just wearing cloth that you might be rather using actual cloth with other bonuses, e.g. vatnir's harbinger robes. (that would make this build even more glass cannon-y)

Killyox

Killyox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Possibly. It really depends on the rest of your party. I tend to value +stride bonuses significantly (Epsilon in current revision of guide is recommended over Cosmo Pirate/Abraham) because of the huge survivability boost they can give your squishies.

One thing to be aware of is the difference between nalvi and epsilon's armor recovery when it comes to using miscreant's leather. when you have nalvi equipped the advantage is so slight over just wearing cloth that you might be rather using actual cloth with other bonuses, e.g. vatnir's harbinger robes. (that would make this build even more glass cannon-y)

I am curious, do you play with leather/cloth armors?

I mostly equip party with plate or some such but there is one really good leather with hit to grazes conversion. My Chanter has lots of crit to hit hit to graze graze to miss, so he's actually hard to take down for many enemies.

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I mostly equip party with plate or some such but there is one really good leather with hit to grazes conversion. My Chanter has lots of crit to hit hit to graze graze to miss, so he's actually hard to take down for many enemies.

Absolutely. In most parties I've rolled, light/cloth makes up the majority of my party. I love going fast in combat.

Killyox

Killyox

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Absolutely. In most parties I've rolled, light/cloth makes up the majority of my party. I love going fast in combat.

How do you survive in POTD with just cloth party?

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

How do you survive in POTD with just cloth party?

Engagement. Don't let melee enemies get close. Take out ranged enemies fast. (This is why I like stride bonuses)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: class build, build, priest, rogue, zealot, wael, streetfighter, mechanics, 1.2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users