Old companions retarted attitude towards the Watcher

So their attitude is neutral at the start. Everyone starts at 0 points and no possitive or negative stance. I take Eder to the town of Port Maje and talk to some people. I think I strengthened his faith in the previous game and I went and said something about Eothas he didn't like. BOOM -1 rep with Eder and now he constantly complains going as far as saying "Not for you!" when taking orders.

Seriously. You take someone halfway across the world saving countless people and helping the weak. Saving the world from total destruction while battling evil sects, demons, ogres, vampires and dragons. You'd think there'd be some bonding involved. Hell he even sat at my side during the time I was out of body traveling the in between towards Berath.

Why on earth would he instantly dislike me as a person after 1 snide remark. In any normal world such a person would shrug it off accepting my statement. This whole reputation thing makes no sense.

Seriously though he's starting to really really piss me off with his lame ass attitude with 0 respect for our friendship, this all reminds me my time with Anomen in BG2. I took him along with my party and when completing his personal quest (because he gets +2 wisdom after that) he becomes this obnixious selfrightious know it all. The straw there for me was that while in the underdark he started to insult and talk down to Jan. Jan of all people!! I kicked him out of the party and killed him on the spot in the mindflayer lair. F# you Anomen!

And F# you Eder!

• Like 1

"retarted" indeed.

Are we really talking about 1.1? It was an issue in the 1.0 build - after I stole from Dawnstart priest in the very first encounter, Eder had a serious talk with me about being a good person and following me. I haven't seen any sudden reputation jumps after the patch though. 

• Like 1

"retarted" indeed.

Are we really talking about 1.1? It was an issue in the 1.0 build - after I stole from Dawnstart priest in the very first encounter, Eder had a serious talk with me about being a good person and following me. I haven't seen any sudden reputation jumps after the patch though.

Yea yea typo. Sue me grammar nazi. Can't edit title after posting. I play 1.1. But seriously though if I'm not actually torturing this idiot or sacrificing babies to Skaen he shouldn't be complaining about bs right now as if we just met. Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Like 1

You seem really frustrated about this. Like more than I would expect. You could always reload and not do the snide remark? Maybe send a 'bug' report mentioning the extreme reputation jump.

I expect them to fix this and let old companions be a little more resillient when it comes to your decision making. I will edit my save game, otherwise I'll end up turning Eder in for a Skaen doll that is useless. It's not really the issue that it is in the save game as much as how little sense this turnaround makes. It's like we never met and he learned that I raped his sister or something.

You seem really frustrated about this. Like more than I would expect. You could always reload and not do the snide remark? Maybe send a 'bug' report mentioning the extreme reputation jump.

I expect them to fix this and let old companions be a little more resillient when it comes to your decision making. I will edit my save game, otherwise I'll end up turning Eder in for a Skaen doll that is useless. It's not really the issue that it is in the save game as much as how little sense this turnaround makes. It's like we never met and he learned that I raped his sister or something.

The reputation system versus the way they talk to you *is* kind of weird. I would expect them to be more distant than the end of the last game, because it sound like they've had no contact with you for five years, but I'd also expect slightly more forgiving behavior. Especially from Eder. At least if you had the right dispositions /made the right choices last game.

• Like 1

Maybe every companion shouldn't start at "0" with the Watcher.  Eder in particular strikes me as someone who should start at "1," assuming the imported PoE history supports that.  Aloth may be a "-1" if you kicked him out of the group in PoE.  Etc.

• Like 2

Companions can feel very artificial - companions seem to lack any understanding of social interactions and take everything literally. While I understand Eder disliking ani-eothasians and animal cruelty, his reactions can feel quite off. Same with other ones. That's the unfortunate result of simple system based on tagging things.

Still, I am surprised his reputation changed so rapidly. Considering how many conversations are still oddly tagged I hope Obs are working on expanding the system (July update might hint at it). 

• Like 4