SOLO POTD Build (Sir Sit-a-Lot. The Brander of Death) EFFECTIVE IN EARLY LEVELS

How can I make the most effective but laziest way of soloing POTD? 

Answer: Paladin lvl 3 skill: Brand Enemy.  

(While the Brand lasts, the enemy will take FIRE damage over time).  

(How long does the Brand last? Until either you die or the enemy dies).  

So all you have to do is this:

Play Paladin/Chanter.  Any subclass is fine though I prefer Troubador and GoldPact.  Get Soft Winds of Death Chant and Ancient Memory and Dragon Thrashed.

Put on the tankiest armor and shield you can find (Patinated Plate and Cadhu Scalth works.  You can get both early game).  Max out deflection.

Stack regen items and healing/ DOT chants.  Get "Brand Enemy" spell from the Paladin skill list.

Walk into combat.  

Cast "Brand Enemy" on every enemy you can brand.

Summon Ogres to distract the enemy.  

Stand there and wait for your enemies to die.  And that's it.

It works for every enemy except the fire-immunes, but you can kill them easily with your ice invocation (Seven Knights She Waited).

EDIT: I soloed everything in the game with this including Splintered Reef and Nemnok.  

EDIT: This. This build.  Once you play it you'll realize how weaksauce 99% of every other build out there.  

EDIT: No need for gimmicks or alchemy or anything.  No expensive scrolls, no alchemy, no need for much of any knowledge of the game.  

Once you're past level 12 you're pretty much invincible.  It literally requires 5 Eatons or 4 Plague Strikers and 3 Xaurip High priests hammering away simultaneously to kill you.  Nothing else will do enough damage to punch through your defenses and auto-regen. Dragons? LOL.  

Then sit there and watch them die.  

Edited by Marigoldran

Thank you!

It's designed to be boring but very very effective.  

Once they have the Triple Crown Achievement, this is what I'm going to do.  

The only problem with this build is you get overconfident.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

Thank you!

It's designed to be boring but very very effective.  

Once they have the Triple Crown Achievement, this is what I'm going to do.  

The only problem with this build is you get overconfident.  

If obsidian

1. Don't nerf paladins 

2. Fix broken armor system

3. Remove abilities that do damage 24/7

You can do that :D

But now exist much faster and safest ways to break the game

1. You can use arcana

2. You can use druid + alchemy

3. You can use invisibility + caster class

4. Poisons

5. Any fun martial build + Alchemy

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Right.  But they all require consumables.  How do you get the ingredients for many of the good ones anyways? 

A lot of them require rare ingredients like rubies, which you can't easily get lots of without fighting tough enemies.  

I'm curious about this.  

Edited by Marigoldran

Right.  But they all require consumables.  How do you get the ingredients for many of the good ones anyways? 

I'm curious about this.  

All what you need is Neketaka Herbal Shop

Obsidian didn't remove scrolls from PoE I, and I'm sure they will leave them in PoE ||, just use your build and cast scrolls :D

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

They restock? 

If so, I guess I can do this AND cast scrolls.  Even better.

With berath blessing you can rise your Alchemy/Arcana something like 20/15 and use both poisons and scrolls, for non Chanter class you can always use figures

Edited by mant2si

Figurines run out.  As do the other consumables.

Like you have to know how much of each to bring for each fight and that's not good for newbs.  If you built it wrong or run out of resources, you're stuck.

In contrast, with this build you can go into pretty much every fight unprepared with your eyes closed and come out with a win.

Unlike the burst DPS builds, you're not f-ed with this build if the fight extends (since with this build you'll never run out resources).  

Edited by Marigoldran

Figures run out.  As do the other consumables.

Like you have to know how much of each to bring for each fight and that's not good for newbs.

With this build you can go into pretty much every fight unprepared and come out with a win.

But it more funny, and faster and safe for some bosses, just image how fampyrs charms your summons, what you will do ? Bring them with yourself and if they out, use your tactic

Edited by mant2si

They also charm you, which is great.  

Just cast brand enemy on fampyr and wait.  IT CONTINUES TICKING EVEN AFTER YOU'RE CHARMED.  

Remember: You're soloing this.  So if your'e charmed, its no big deal.

Also your summons can't hurt you because of your own insane tankiness.  At high levels, ogres are more for tanking than anything else.  

And this build will work for ALL bosses.  Not "some."  

Edited by Marigoldran

10+ in everything. However, max Int for longer summon duration.

14 or so in Perception. Not super important since it's not you who will be doing the damage.  However, you still want some Perception for your ice invocations vs fire immunes.

14 or so in Dex .  Dex is arguably more important than Per so you can get your summons faster.

10-12 or so in Might.  

Whatever in anything else.  

So the answer is: "no." You don't need to min/max.  

Just stack armor and defenses and regen, and summon and that's really all there is to it.  Once you hit level 10+ the only way you're going to get killed is if you're overconfident  

[Oh look.  4 Xaurip High Priests and 5 Xaurip Plague Stalkers.  Lets run into the middle of the pack and cast our ice invocation.  After all, the invocation works better when you're surrounded by enemies, and it's not like they can kill you (they can)]

Or: [Oh look, a room of 25 high-level enemies (Nemmok's room).  Let's aggro EVERYONE and stand in the middle of the room and chant].

[Also, after level 15, it requires 5 Eatons whaling way to do enough damage to kill you.  Four Eatons whaling away, however, is fine. You can tank through that].

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

I tried a build like this. While not necessary, I think max might and intellect go a long way for heralds. Longer lasting pets and bigger self heals.

Playing this build was so cheesy it made me think: maybe self heals for pally and chanter should be 50% strength on the "caster" and full strength for the party only.

Nothing should be this insanely durable. Immortal self healing tank that summons. Take some arcana and you can blow things up too

The defense and heals are so good that I would worry your character gets nerfed to uselessness next patch. This build works because it outlasts anything (especially early on). The brand enemy part is a gimmick.

The strength of this is stacking aoe heal over time abilities to make yourself nearly immortal.

A dual wielding kinda wayfarer variant of this will be less immortal feeling, but way more fun in a group. Max might and int. Your flames of devotion become a point blank area of effect heal too. Makes for a sweet party healer that also does damage

If there is any nerf, it would probably be to healing in general. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of 'Total HP Healed' limit return like there was in POE1. I don't mean bringing back the resting mechanic or health per day, but there could be a health per encounter that would create a limit to how much you could heal in an individual fight.

• 1 month later...