What I hate about POTD is not that it's hard, yeah it's hard until you reach level 10 or so, but the fact that enemies become damage sponges. It's just silly when at higher levels you can enable autoattack but you have to speed up the combat as much as possible and still you gotta wait several minutes for a fight to end. It's also not very satisfying at lower levels when your empowered fireball misses 3 enemies.

Thing is I love the increased number of enemies on POTD. Wish there was a mode between Veteran / POTD with enemies' stats scaling disabled (so like Veteran) but with the numbers of enemies of POTD (like POTD).

Basically, the true difference between veteran and potd is that on potd u have to go all in on getting ACC. Ur ACC will either make or break your game. This is the reason the starter isle is so hard as well. Ur defence vs enemy ACC is **** and ur ACC vs enemies defense is ****.

The longer u get into the game the more this will pan out and this is why it gets significantly easier. Spells are crapmode without serious ACC boosters such as Deadeye or potions throughout the entire game tho. IMHO!

Basically, the true difference between veteran and potd is that on potd u have to go all in on getting ACC. Ur ACC will either make or break your game. This is the reason the starter isle is so hard as well. Ur defence vs enemy ACC is **** and ur ACC vs enemies defense is ****.

The longer u get into the game the more this will pan out and this is why it gets significantly easier. Spells are crapmode without serious ACC boosters such as Deadeye or potions throughout the entire game tho. IMHO!

Hmm. Do you think it'd be in the spirit of things to skip past the Arena boss fight? 

Veteran.

I don't really like skipping fights, resetting fights - I'm a badass watcher, not a **** that needs to pull one mob or avoid others totally. There are many ways to make veteran a reasonable challenge. I also hate on PotD when enemies become damage sponges and you're just auto attack wailing on them waiting for **** to end.

POTD solo on the first island is just a horrid experience since 1.1.

Depending on your class' early game strength you may be forced into extreme amounts of cheese - which beats the purpose of doing POTD... However, if u go veteran, the rest of the game becomes too easy.

The first island with it's extreme difficulty for some classes combined with the fact that you cannot go elsewhere first to get stronger makes it a single isolated f*ckup. Next patch insert a skip port maje blessing = fix.

TLDR; pick POTD -> cheese/cheat/sneak your way through Port Maje content -> enjoy rest of game.

Edited by Flucas

POTD solo on the first island is just a horrid experience since 1.1.

Depending on your class' early game strength you may be forced into extreme amounts of cheese - which beats the purpose of doing POTD... However, if u go veteran, the rest of the game becomes too easy.

The first island with it's extreme difficulty for some classes combined with the fact that you cannot go elsewhere first to get stronger makes it a single isolated f*ckup. Next patch insert a skip port maje blessing = fix.

TLDR; pick POTD -> cheese/cheat/sneak your way through Port Maje content -> enjoy rest of game.

Well, for what it's worth, I plan on going through with party companions and not abusing mercenaries if I can. So, it's probably in my best interest to still stealth through most of Port Maje, I imagine. 

The game is balanced around playing in a party, not solo. Even though there may be achievements for completing it solo, I have no desire for the game to even attempt to balance itself toward soloplay. Because that would make parties inherently overpowered -- to complete the game solo IMO you should be forced to use every possible cheese in existence in order to beat the game, so party play is reasonably accessible and challenging but not impossibly so.

Edited by AlphaMagnum
  • Like 1

The game is balanced around playing in a party, not solo. Even though there may be achievements for completing it solo, I have no desire for the game to even attempt to balance itself toward soloplay. Because that would make parties inherently overpowered -- to complete the game solo IMO you should be forced to use every possible cheese in existence in order to beat the game, so party play is reasonably accessible.

On the flipside there's things that make playing solo even easier than playing with a party because how it is balanced. Hard cc should be game over if no other party member is within view.