[Question] [1.1.1] How important is this new "Flags:" entry in the bundle files?

Quick question for any Obsidian devs that might be hanging out here.   In the patch that dropped yesterday, it looks like a new line was added to calls in the various .*****bundle files.  Specfically anything that used to look like this: 

(random example)

{
								"$type": "OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats",
								"Data": {
									"FullName": "Boolean IsGlobalValue(String, Operator, Int32)",
									"Parameters": ["n_Crookspur_Owner_State", "EqualTo", "0"],
									"UnrealCall": "",
									"FunctionHash": 901380568,
									"ParameterHash": -784216156
								},
								"Not": false,
								"Operator": 0
							}

now looks like this:

{
								"$type": "OEIFormats.FlowCharts.ConditionalCall, OEIFormats",
								"Data": {
									"FullName": "Boolean IsGlobalValue(String, Operator, Int32)",
									"Parameters": ["n_Crookspur_Owner_State", "EqualTo", "0"],
									"Flags": "",
									"UnrealCall": "",
									"FunctionHash": 901380568,
									"ParameterHash": -784216156
								},
								"Not": false,
								"Operator": 0
							}

That is, a line that now says 'Flags: ""' has been added to every single Parameters entry, near as I can tell.

Also, near as I can tell, my current local mods are still working as intended.

What I am wondering is how important will it be to add all of these Flags entries to keep our mods running smoothly.  I mean, obviously it should be done eventually just to forestall problems and keep things as close to the base code as possible.  

But mostly I'm wonder how much of a priority this is to change in our own mods.  And, possibly, just what the heck that setting is. ;)

• Like 1

+1

I'm asking to myself the same thing..

It's worse than it looks

design/ai/

design/conversations/

design/gamedata/

design/globalscripts/

design/chatter/

design/quests/

I can only find "Flags": "",

IMHO this is holding-space for 1.2 or later they bunged into 1.1.1

It don't look like a boolean though as they use true / false rather than "true" / "false"

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

So one has to look at the game with ILSpy again?

Grep works fine

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Grep works fine

Yeah, I just brute search-and-replaced WHILE making sure the proper amount of tabs were put in.  If only so the code still looks (somewhat) pretty. ;)

Did mean I had to do a few of them to make sure the indentation level was the same, but pretty sure I got all of them on the few things I've modded locally.

Grep works fine

Yeah, I just brute search-and-replaced WHILE making sure the proper amount of tabs were put in.  If only so the code still looks (somewhat) pretty. ;)

Did mean I had to do a few of them to make sure the indentation level was the same, but pretty sure I got all of them on the few things I've modded locally.

So, the JSON's still broken...

At least this time I know which ones are broken this time so should be quicker

Just spotted this a LOT of times in output_log.txt :)

ParseScriptCallData read unexpected property 'Flags'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
  • Like 1

ParseScriptCallData read unexpected property 'Flags'.

Yeah.  I came by to say something similar.  Many of the underlying bits to Deadfire that parse data bundles haven't changed in the last few versions (if ever).

In OP's example, Script Call Data can include FullNameParametersUnrealCallFunctionHash, and ParameterHash.  Anything extra is ignored and logged as an error.

Maybe there's been a revision on the developer end of OEI Tools/OEI Formats, but nothing seems to have filtered down client-side quite yet.  Perhaps Flags might be useful to modders in the future, but at least right now, it's a complete dead-end in Deadfire 1.1.1.