I guess we should ask for a split of this derail but I am not sure its worth the time and energy.

Alternatively we all could choose to quit derailing the topic by creating posts where we try to figure out why someone has personal taste if we all wished.

Its a crazy idea, but it just might work.

Edited by Amentep
switched to "we" to be clearer

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The upgrade on Concussive Shot also fills a niche as the only ability in the game that targets Deflection and lets you remove 30 sec off beneficial effects. Combined with Ranger's high accuracy, this gives you a solid spectrum of casters that can be hit where Arcane Dampener would miss.

And players still complain ranger is replacable ;)

I guess we should ask for a split of this derail but I am not sure its worth the time and energy.

Alternatively we all could choose to quit derailing the topic by creating posts where we try to figure out why someone has personal taste if we all wished.

Its a crazy idea, but it just might work.

It is indeed a crazy idea. About as crazy as the idea that players can choose not to use mechanics and items which they feel are too powerful and can balance their own gameplay according to their liking regardless of the existence of such mechanics in the game. Just crazy.

While I understand and agree with the notion that arguments should generally focus on claims rather than motivations behind them, sometimes I find uncovering motivations useful and even necessary to properly assess the validity of an argument. 

For example, if someone claims that PotD is too easy because certain mechanic is too powerful, proposes changes to such mechanic, states that the reason for such proposal is  a desire for a challenge, and presents a build using this too powerful mechanics, then it is in my opinion correct to speculate that increased challenge is perhaps not primary motivator  because if it was, there are means present in the game  to make it more challenging without making changes to the said too powerful mechanic. 

In similar fashion, if someone who tries to argue that "making gear part of builds adds to replay value", which sounds like a rational and reasonable argument, completely disregards the replay value provided by 10 classes which can be multi-classed to 9 other classes, with 5 subclasses for each class on top of it, it seems correct to me to speculate that "replay value" is not primary motivation as claimed, but something else, something else which is not rational at all - personal liking. 

We are not in control of our neurons firing. If we were, we could indeed focus solely on the rationality of claims presented and evaluate their validity upon such rationalization.