Is it Worth Speeding Through the Game Once for Three Blessing Points?

Hey guys,

So... I'm admittedly one of those sorts of people who really likes having a lot of options available on one character. I really don't like missing much, and while I get that most skill checks in this game are just background fluff, some of them do lead to some pretty interesting stuff. If not things that change how quests play out, little bits of lore about the world, things a seasoned Watcher should, feasibly, know or be able to notice.

Anyway, getting to the point.

I'm thinking of doing a quick speed through of the critical path of the game and the Huana path to get just enough Blessing points to be able to use both the attribute point blessing and skill point blessing on one playthrough on PotD. For me, as someone who doesn't enjoy mob splitting, kiting, and other 'cheese' tactics, I think this will present a satisfactory challenge for me, especially going into the DLC if Obsidian continues to tune the difficulty properly. My reason for doing so is simple; I want my main character to feel heroic, and I want to avoid cycling through different 'skill monkey' companions as much as possible. 

I plan to skip through most of the dialogue just so I don't spoil myself too much in case I decide to do the Huana path again. I guess my big question here is... Assuming I play on the lowest difficulty before Story difficulty, about how long should this reasonably take? I've heard stories of people getting through the critical path in a few hours at most, and I'm assuming that either involves siding with at least one faction or just upgrading your ship enough to go it alone. 

On my actual 'main' playthrough I'll definitely be taking my time. 

I'm very much like you - I get as much fun out of optimizing/tweaking/tooling with build options as I do playing. Honestly its probably just easier to replace your achievements file with someone who already did them - unlocks all the Berath stuff. You can have mine if you would like, I all but one achievement I think.

Go to: C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II\Achievements

Replace the global.achievements file with someone else's to get the respective bonuses. You can download a copy of mine here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1se7YK7e28fqubewArwkobxRRd_Rv6Uoc

I hope this is useful.

• Like 1

Why waste hours of your time like that? Just use cheats if you want your character to be good at everything & have access to everything. While I would never play that way, you're certainly free to do so. But you might as well give yourself those extra attrib & skill points in 5 minutes instead of 5 hours!

The Unity mod on the Nexus is a great way to modify a bunch of stuff, including attribs/skills.

• Like 1

Why waste hours of your time like that? Just use cheats if you want your character to be good at everything & have access to everything. While I would never play that way, you're certainly free to do so. But you might as well give yourself those extra attrib & skill points in 5 minutes instead of 5 hours!

The Unity mod on the Nexus is a great way to modify a bunch of stuff, including attribs/skills.

Exactly. Unless the op wants to test a build or try a multiclass combination. Although even in that case it might be better to use use a mode or the console.

sign.jpg

BB is not cheating, but using the console is.

Dont know why you bother.

I played first time and competed like 99% of it with almost every achievement (didn't want to reload to change sides). Didn't bother with blessings or reroll, because i knew there ll be rebalancing in future with some big DLC. So i better complete full game now and learn for another full run with DLC, but with powergaming in mind.

Edited by Sifjar