Hey guys, 

So, I recently got enough Blessing points to use the +2 Attribute Blessing (And nothing else) through all of the crafting achievements and such, and I'm considering starting a PotD playthrough with it. My plan is to use it so that I don't have to dump Dexterity and Resolve quite so low to get the starting Might/Perception/Intellect that I wanted, as well as a respectable Constitution score. In order to counteract this somewhat, I decided to pass on Effigy's Resentment (Which would have given me another 10% health effectively). 

So, my question is... does anyone else use this Blessing, and how do you stop it from trivializing the game? I'm playing on PotD and please note that I actually do feel challenged by the enemies. 

It doesn't really trivialize the game. Sure it makes your character a bit stronger, mostly in the fortitude, reflex and will department, but 6% extra damage, 10% extra health and such is not going to make or break the game. I use it on my goody two shoe in PotD that didn't choose to sacrifice a companion and didn't absorb the souls. I also use it on my Magran's chosen character who uses a permanent Firebrand weapon. Just to make up for some losses. I think it helps a bit, but it's not going to matter that much.

Lots of people seem to use it, I don't & won't.

It's up to you, just like console commands and cheats. I enjoy working within the default parameters to come up with builds that are imperfect but get themselves over the finish line, and I also enjoy having to mitigate weaknesses. Hence I also enjoy lower level gameplay and not having just the right items. That means most/all of the blessings and console commands are not for me.

I think some people prefer just getting their build to the optimal point as quickly as possible, level 10 or 12 or even 15, with all the gear and such, and then start actually playing. That's not a problem. It depends on what level of challenge you want, and what part of the process you really enjoy - the journey of gettng there, the pleasure of seeing a well oiled build blast things, the precarity of a solo character, or the "convenience" of a solo run without all that vulnerability.

• Like 1

The only thing I really don't like about it is the fact that they're darn sure to let you know you're using it. Granted, the same is true of pretty much any other permanent stat buff, like Gift of the Machine or things you get from gear. Ah well. 

I think I might try my 'imperfect' build first and then see how far I can get. I may need to play on Veteran rather than PotD, but that's fine. 

I always use the boons (stats, skills and merchant) for a few reasons:

• for me the MC deserves to be a little more special as the herald of Berath
  • I also consider them as a compensation for all the bonuses lost from PoE1
  • I like to play with all the content available in the game (including pre-order bonuses, etc)
  • I play only solo on potd and I don't like to feel penalized for that during conversations/interactions
  • Like 2

The choice of using Berath Blessings might mean I can fine-tune the difficulty in other areas. Like self-imposed restrictions of not leveling Alchemy too high or more confidence in taking up Trial of Iron mode.

It is another tool to fine-tune my personal enjoyment of the game.

The choice of using Berath Blessings might mean I can fine-tune the difficulty in other areas. Like self-imposed restrictions of not leveling Alchemy too high or more confidence in taking up Trial of Iron mode.

That's a good way to look at it, I think. It's not like it's a console command or a cheat, you do have to 'earn' them through actually playing the game (Even if some of the achievements are pretty easy to get. 

I'm just bummed I don't have enough to do the skill blessing AND the stat blessing. Might rush a Huana campaign or something for a few extra points and try that. 

That's a good way to look at it, I think. It's not like it's a console command or a cheat, you do have to 'earn' them through actually playing the game (Even if some of the achievements are pretty easy to get. 

I'm just bummed I don't have enough to do the skill blessing AND the stat blessing. Might rush a Huana campaign or something for a few extra points and try that.

If I had to choose between stat or skill blessing I would pick skill blessing. Makes the scripted interactions easier in your PT so you can focus on other things.

If I had to choose between stat or skill blessing I would pick skill blessing. Makes the scripted interactions easier in your PT so you can focus on other things.

You think so? Alright, I'll stick with that then. 

You think so? Alright, I'll stick with that then.

Note that the skill blessing also counts towards your entire party, not just the watcher. The stat boost is Watcher only.

Do you have the achievements for making scrolls, potions, explosives, and for laying traps? Those are really easy to get, and can boost you enough quickly.

Do you have the achievements for making scrolls, potions, explosives, and for laying traps? Those are really easy to get, and can boost you enough quickly.

Got all of those. Considering bum rushing one of the factions I don't want to do on my "main" character on easy mode. 

Stat Blessing is nice but not OP.

Skill Blessing is the real powerhouse, giving every one on your team +2 to their starting skills. And if you make everyone a multi class then that is a LOT of skills. It can trivialize the early skill encounters.

I enabled the Skill Blessing as soon as I could. Nearly all of the checks are meaningless from a gameplay standpoint but just serve to hide away content from the game and needlessly punish your character building decisions, so anything to negate that terrible system I was on like white on rice

Edited by Myztik

Every attribute a dump.  :biggrin:  That's how to roll (har!) when you do that triple crown solo.  Anything more is just gaming the system.

(Yes, I use the attribute blessing.  I like my heroes to feel heroic and this lets me get a little max without so much min.)

--/\/

Every attribute a dump.  :biggrin:  That's how to roll (har!) when you do that triple crown solo.  Anything more is just gaming the system.

(Yes, I use the attribute blessing.  I like my heroes to feel heroic and this lets me get a little max without so much min.)

Honestly, "Heroes feeling heroic" is definitely what I'm hoping for. I want to potentially tackle PotD after all. 

I think people underestimate how much +2 in every stat really does for you. When you look at each individual boons (+6% damage or +6% action speed) it doesn't seem like much, but when you add it all up it makes quite a difference.

The difference between a 15 15 10 15 18 5 barbarian and a 15 15 15 20 20 5 barbarian is pretty big. 15% action speed, 5 accuracy, 10% increased duration, 20% increased AoE, +20 reflex, and +4 Will.

I always take it because I like to have a stat line in multiples of 5

I think people underestimate how much +2 in every stat really does for you. When you look at each individual boons (+6% damage or +6% action speed) it doesn't seem like much, but when you add it all up it makes quite a difference.

The difference between a 15 15 10 15 18 5 barbarian and a 15 15 15 20 20 5 barbarian is pretty big. 15% action speed, 5 accuracy, 10% increased duration, 20% increased AoE, +20 reflex, and +4 Will.

I always take it because I like to have a stat line in multiples of 5

No, the difference is insignificant if you consider also all the other bonuses at your disposal... Also if you're using a bad spread for your barbarian it's obvious you'll see a bigger difference with more points. Use instead 13 13 13 18 18 3 for the first one and I can guarantee you can't tell the difference ;)

You absolutely will, even more so with high resolve characters. You will live longer, do more damage, get hit less, get disabled less, etc. Just because you won't see a significant difference in any one area doesn't mean that you aren't going to notice the overall improvement. Thats like saying that saving change isn't important, because what difference does 15 cents make?

You missed the point almost completely.

Edited by George_Truman

You absolutely will, even more so with high resolve characters. You will live longer, do more damage, get hit less, get disabled less, etc. Just because you won't see a significant difference in any one area doesn't mean that you aren't going to notice the overall improvement. Thats like saying that saving change isn't important, because what difference does 15 cents make?

Of course there's a difference, but it's insignificant - without checking their stats or the logs you wouldn't be able to say who has the boon. It's like when you go to the grocery and buy something labeled "bio" - you pay more, you can't tell the difference, but you hope it will make a difference in the long run... ;)

There exists stat that you can feel from the start, and this is Intellect (that is funny, the more your character smart, the more game easier :D ) with Berath blessing it can give you +100% AOE, +50% Duration

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Of course there's a difference, but it's insignificant - without checking their stats or the logs you wouldn't be able to say who has the boon. It's like when you go to the grocery and buy something labeled "bio" - you pay more, you can't tell the difference, but you hope it will make a difference in the long run... ;)

Sorry I was rude

Edited by George_Truman