Steam summer sale deals and recommendations

Melusina

Rise Of The Argonauts. Sadly, it's a severely underrated and underappreciated gem, storytelling is up there with the most coveted rpg's but it never got the attention it deserved. It's super cheap.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Any info about Fable Anniversary? How good is it?

It was considered to be a bit of a cashgrab at the time of release. It had a ridiculously bad UI (think inventory and quest log - they had serious functionality issues, especially for M+KB players), had random costume "DLCs" that were really bad, while the improved graphics were a bit of a mixed bag. I played it myself and was really impressed that they somehow managed to screw up the UI that royally without ever testing to see if it actually worked. I don't know if they ever fixed that - if they didn't, I'd unfortunately be forced to recommend the original over it due to its terribleness - at least for anyone playing with M+KB. Otherwise, it's pretty much just a below average remaster.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It seems the game was originally intended and designed for use with a controller, it always strikes me odd that people expect a pc port or version of a game to work perfectly with mouse and keyboard (just because it's available for pc users) when it was created first and foremost with controller in mind. Playing it with a Xbox 360 controller, everything makes much more sense. I mean, I know some pc exclusivists are the type to say "Get you **** right on keyboard and mouse or don't give us the game at all" I see this on plenty of reviews of games I enjoy with a console device but to be honest, I've never found them to possess the correct mindset. For Fable: Anniversary in particular, even the main menu makes it easy to tell that it was meant to experience with a controller so I can understand it feeling foreign/alien to keyboard and mouse exclusive users.

I think the new reshading/lighting is the best thing about the Anniversary edition since it enables you to see little details you couldn't before. Unlocked framerate is also a great addition. I play it in 4k and there are more colors than playing it in 1080p, the colors basically pop out of the screen, makes me legitimately feel bad for the old folks who are still "stuck" with a 4:8 trinitron/crt monitor and wonder why their eyes hurt.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Well, I played the original game with M+KB, and it worked better there than the remaster did, which is not exactly a good sign for the quality of a remaster. Not that the original's inventory system was exactly a bundle of joy, either, but it was at least functional. Anniversary, when I played it, was borderline non-functional when it randomly refused to listen to keyboard commands and you'd have to repeatedly exit out and re-open to try again...and then sometimes it would do it again. Fun.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bought Dragon Dogma and Tales from Candlekeep: ToA

Bought, then regretted: LiEat, Long live the Queen and Ibb&obb, I successfully refunded this titles for steam wallet credit.

Now I have 10.33 euros and I wish to buy something, but I either don't have enough money or I'm not interested in those.

I only brough 1 thing..

Ark Aberration! been waiting since its came out for a special sale! So I can get my hand on it! WOOT! 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Hmmm, haven't bought anything on Steam for ages. I'd buy Tyranny if I weren't broke though...

EDIT: nope, cancel that. The prices here are officially so high that I have to resort to my backlog for now.

**** you, Donald J. Trump.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Got the Atari Vault so now I can lock myself inside a dark room with beer and cheetos, forever complaining about generic modern gaming. Also somewhat interested in getting the Steam controller as the tech is pretty cool, but eh, it's no keyboard n mouse, and the Xbox analogue sticks would probably be a better fit for the few games I'd want to use a controller with, i.e. the Atari Vault. So, probably just a waste of money/space but it does seem like a neat toy.

• Like 3

Got the Atari Vault so now I can lock myself inside a dark room with beer and cheetos

Sounds good :D

• Like 1

Bought Borderlands 2 GOTY for not even 9 Euro, and from the hours I've put into it so far, I'm in for an absolute treat, it seems. I've never played BL1 or 2. Now, this is value for money! :yes:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• 2 weeks later...

While they were still on sale I grabbed Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, Prey and Earthlock (also bought the soundtrack and comic book).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

My pickups were MKX and Killer Instinct, I was in a fighter mood :)