Steam summer sale deals and recommendations

Melusina

Could you recommend me a game that is on steam summer sale.

Preferably a rpg or jrpg, action and adventure is nice, no shooters please

I'm looking for charmful game with nice graphics.

Currently playing DOS2 and Ghost of a Tale - which I finished and I enjoyed. Don't like Bard's Tale and Faery Legends of Avalon.

Edited by Melusina

Not part of the Steam sale but some of the HBS games are on deep discount (and the first SR game is free) at the Humble store.

After a quick glance at Steam I can recommend Tyranny, Dawn of War 2, Titan Quest, and Battletech

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

How much are you willing to spend?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Every time I look at a game and think about adding it to my cart, I stop and think "didn't you just buy like a hundred games at the last sale and only play 3 of them?"

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Every time I look at a game and think about adding it to my cart, I stop and think "didn't you just buy like a hundred games at the last sale and only play 3 of them?"

I can pick your slack...and play those 97 games you have! all games need some luving  :dancing:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Around 20 euro.

Ahhhh in that case maybe Tales Of Berseria or Stardew Valley.

Steam sale is great right now :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Around 20 euro.

Ahhhh in that case maybe Tales Of Berseria or Stardew Valley.

Steam sale is great right now :)

Thank you, Tales of Berseria has way too much dlcs for my taste. I will check stardew valley.

If anyone is interested, this is what I was planning to buy:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/527270/Atelier_Sophie_The_Alchemist_of_the_Mysterious_Book

But unfortunately, my monitor is 1366x768 max, so I'm not sure can I run this game.

I ended up grabbing Oxygen Not Included, the latest Higurashi chapter, and Choice of Robots (been eyeing it forever).

Oxygen Not Included is a fun little colony management game, like Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld. Except Rimworld is like twice the price and ONI seems delightfully quirky, with more danger being from all of your oxygen escaping instead of getting overrun by monsters.

I picked Subnautica. It looks absoutely great and it isn't your typical gameplay environment either.

If anyone hasn't got this one yet, you better grab it on sale. It was the best game I played in the last year.

• Like 2

I picked Subnautica. It looks absoutely great and it isn't your typical gameplay environment either.

If anyone hasn't got this one yet, you better grab it on sale. It was the best game I played in the last year.

You're cutting into my liquor budget, I'll have you know.
  • Like 3

I suggest the Shadowrun series, excluding Returns.

Dark Souls II and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen were mentioned already.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is slightly text-heavy, but an interesting party-RPG.

The Technomacer and the other Spiders' games are closer to action-RPG.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is something between Fable and The Elder Scrolls.

Hyper Light Drifter and Immortal Planet (isometric action-RPG with pixel graphics).

Dungeon Siege III (not the previous games in the series) is a quite good party-RPG.

Dex is a 2D action-RPG in cyberpunk setting.

Anima: Gate of Memories is an action with RPG elements (there are several endings).

Pretty high praise.  I'm gonna take a look at this title for sure.  Thanks Hurlshot

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is a good choice. Then there is EARTHLOCK which is also good,

but does has mixed reviews on Steam. I'm going to be picking up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

(with all DLC), RAGE (with The Scorchers DLC), Prey and also EARTHLOCK (buying the Collector’s 

Edition Bundle). I'm planning to buy those sometime before the Steam Summer Sales ends.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Kingdoms of Amalur was fun-ish, but I thought it really dragged. It's ridiculously full of stuff to do, but it's designed like an MMO where you go quest zone to zone as you level instead of just set off and explore.

But I was amazed at how huge it was. I got bored after the second area or so and decided to try training (running, letting the monsters aggro behind me) through to wherever. And it still took me forever until I hit a dead end.

• Like 1

I have War of the Overworld+PetDungeon DLC in my cart (for $12 or so, I'll finally try it :p )  .

Can't decide if I want to stick Tyranny in there as well...it's a deep discount but I'm not sure if I'd be into playing it any time soon (eg, before next winter or summer sale, haha).

Not much else randomly sticks out at me.

Edit: oh was thinking about Jurassic World, but only because it has Ansel. I hear it's not very good.... edit-edit - not part of the sale either, just sayin..

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Kingdoms of Amalur was fun-ish, but I thought it really dragged. It's ridiculously full of stuff to do, but it's designed like an MMO where you go quest zone to zone as you level instead of just set off and explore.

But I was amazed at how huge it was. I got bored after the second area or so and decided to try training (running, letting the monsters aggro behind me) through to wherever. And it still took me forever until I hit a dead end.

I enjoy it very much..(unlike Skylame)...

and there were some good unique quest ! like the 'Seasons' one XD 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'm sad Regalia isn't on a steeper discount. I am tempted to pick up Road Redemption, though.

Be advised that the multiplayer only runs on official servers that have timed events. So you can't just play whenever with whomever, unfortunately.

Fortune favors the bald.

Any info about Fable Anniversary? How good is it?

Much better than the orignal release. The only thing bad about it is the faces of the little kids (in some people's opinion) other than that nothing bad can be said about the remaster since literally everything is better.