Update #50 - New Patch and What's Coming in July

Greetings, Watchers!

We hope you've been enjoying the new features and challenges presented by Patch 1.1, released on June 7th. Thanks to our community's continued support and feedback, we've made some slight adjustments and fixes in our newest update, Patch 1.1.1, and have released our fourth free DLC - the "Scalawags Pack", both released today. Head to the forum post for the full list of Patch 1.1.1 fixes.

scalawags-available-thumb--web.jpg

The "Scalawags Pack" introduces new and additional crew members, including a rowdy Wood Elf cook named Haema, a rather professional Orlan navigator named Coreto, and a familiar Aumauan merchant named Ponamu Bird-Scorned. Haema, Coreto, and Ponamu Bird-Scorned can be found and recruited in Port Maje, Crookspur, and Tikawara, respectively.  In addition to the new members you can add to your lovable gang of misfits, the pack also includes new ship upgrades in the form of a living steel anchor made by animancers, a lantern that illuminates your way through the lesser flame blight trapped inside, bright sails made of palm fronds, a monstrous steering wheel made from parts of a Vine Lurker, and a short-range flamethrower to spew Magran's fire at your enemies! And just in case your crew forgets who their captain is, make sure they know who runs their ship with the Savage personality setting that you can set for your Watcher at any time as of our last patch.

Coming in July

As always, the team welcomes your feedback and discussions about the game, and we haven't veered away from our continued commitment to support Deadfire with ongoing feature updates, fixes, and quality of life improvements to make your every adventure in the Deadfire Archipelago the absolute best it can be. July will bring with it a bevy of new features, including the oft-requested stash improvements and in-game mod support, through Patch 1.2. As a sneak peek into 1.2, we want to share with you our planned relationship tracking feature, which shows players a history of the choices they made that affected their relationships with particular companions or factions!

repscreen-greyed-thumb--web.jpg

Additionally, our first expansive DLC, titled "The Beast of Winter", will be released in late July! We can't wait to share in the mysteries and stories that await you in this lore-filled adventure, so be sure to check back regularly to see what we and Rymrgand have in store for you in the weeks to come.

Summer Sale

Steam's summer sale is upon us and Deadfire is getting a discount! If you or someone you know hasn't yet gotten a copy of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, the discount is live now through July 5th.

E3 2018

If you're looking for more Deadfire insights to sink your teeth into in the meantime, Executive Producer, Adam Brennecke, and Lead Producer, Justin Britch, were at E3 to give their thoughts about Deadfire and where it's headed to next. You can check out their interviews with Shacknews and PCGamesN, respectively, below:

Designer Insights

If you ask Design Director, Josh Sawyer, a question about game design, we can't promise he won't write a small thesis in return. Check out his blog post detailing the conversation editor used in both Pillars games that has been in development and use by Obsidian for years. Warning: this post may contain some Deadfire spoilers.

Backer Rewards

deadfire-physical-rewards--web.jpg

Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards.  We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve.

Community Corner

We've said it once, and we'll say it forever - we love the passion and creativity we see from our community. It's because of this that we're proud to introduce our all new community page on the Pillars site! Right now you'll be able to see who is streaming the game on Twitch as well as links to threads on the forums. Eventually, this will also hold fan art that you've created and shared with us on Twitter. We also wanted to start highlighting some of what you all have already done here in the Backer Updates. This will range from mod highlights, to fan art, to cosplay. So beginning this month, it is our honor to share with you some of the incredible fan art that we've received for Deadfire.

fanart-gauntletto--web.jpg

Artist: Gauntletto

fanart-artmamoon--web.jpg

Artist: ArtMamoon

fanart-smalltwnvampire--web.jpg

Artist: smalltwnvampire

fanart-zaldwhen--web.jpg

Artist: Zaldwhen

fanart-sapiesplayground--web.jpg

Artist: Ssapiesplayground

Thank you again for your continued support. We love hearing from you, and these fixes could not have come without love from our community. If you have any issues, contact us at our support portal to help you on your journey.

Cheers,

The Deadfire Team

The Scalawags Pack is available now on Steam, GOG.com, and Origin, and soon on the Mac App Store pending approval from Apple.

Reach out to us on our various social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, here on our forums) and let us know your comments, your critiques, and what you love about the game.

Did you miss our last update? Check it out!

• Like 24

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Clicking the download button for the new DLC launches the game instead of downloading the DLC, have to exit game and restart steam to get it to download.

Might be a Steam issue that you can't really do much about though.

It was the same with last dlc. Switching to main steam account (that you buy deadfire) help a little bit for me. 

Hi guys - could you give me a little more detail please? Is this in regards to the in-game popup image or the link from the news article? Thanks!

Clicking the download button for the new DLC launches the game instead of downloading the DLC, have to exit game and restart steam to get it to download.

It was the same with last dlc. Switching to main steam account (that you buy deadfire) help a little bit for me. 

Hi guys - could you give me a little more detail please? Is this in regards to the in-game popup image or the link from the news article? Thanks!

I'm talking about the download button on the Steam store page for the free DLC.

Edited by smjjames

At this point I'm only hoping the July patch fixes the companion and broken quests issues so that I can actually continue playing the game. I honestly couldn't care less about mods when game progression itself is borked like hell. 
It's extra frustrating to know there's expansions coming and yet the main game is bugged into oblivion, even more so when you find what you played so far great but game breaking bugs just rain on your enjoyment every step of the way.

• Like 1

I don't remember how I solved this problem on the previous dlc. But nothing is working now. :(

sign.jpg

I don't remember how I solved this problem on the previous dlc. But nothing is working now. :(

Also, this is with my main steam account. It's the same with the last DLC too and same solution, just exit back out of PoEII and restart Steam.

Also, this is with my main steam account. It's the same with the last DLC too and same solution, just exit back out of PoEII and restart Steam.

Yes, I'm on my main account. And I tried exiting like you said.

According to some players on the steam forum, the DLC may be installed but showing up as gray. I'll check if it is the case now.

Edit: Yes, this was the problem. The DLC is installed (I just found the elf cook :)) but it's grayed out on the main screen.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Oooooooooo I can't wait for this. The relationship tracker is excellent  I didn't know they had phones in Pillars lol.

• Like 1

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

Yes, each of the DLCs have shown up as 'Not Installed' even after I download it. When I toggle the check box under the PoE2 Library page's DLC list, it seems to do another download then changes the state to Installed.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Hi Everyone, 

Within my Steam Library, the Scalawag's DLC shows as being installed. 

Within my PoE2 main title screen, the Scalawag's DLC appears in the list of extra stuff that's installed, albiet with no checkmark next to it. 

All of the other DLCs I have installed appear with a checkmark next to it. 

Also, there's an additional entry, named ''GODANDAG'' underneath the Scalawag's DLC in my main title screen....not sure what that's referring to. 

If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a screenshot of my PoE2 main title screen. 

Thx! 

At this point I'm only hoping the July patch fixes the companion and broken quests issues so that I can actually continue playing the game. I honestly couldn't care less about mods when game progression itself is borked like hell.

It's extra frustrating to know there's expansions coming and yet the main game is bugged into oblivion, even more so when you find what you played so far great but game breaking bugs just rain on your enjoyment every step of the way.

What do you mean? There is no any quest bug blocking the game progress now. ANf although there are still some bugs here and there, it is hard to consider the game is "borked öike hell".

Yes, I'm on my main account. And I tried exiting like you said.

According to some players on the steam forum, the DLC may be installed but showing up as gray. I'll check if it is the case now.

Edit: Yes, this was the problem. The DLC is installed (I just found the elf cook :)) but it's grayed out on the main screen.

Its really confusing. Only with Pillars of Eternity 2 dlcs I have that problem.

Hello All!

If you are experiencing issues with the Scalawag Pack please try to verify the integrity of your files by Right-Clicking the PoE 2 game, going to Properties > Local Files > Verify...

If the issue still occurs, please feel free to send a post to our Tech Forums here.

Thanks!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I've gotten all the DLCs to work fine but the process is very awkward and has not happened in any other games for me.

1. You go to the DLC's storepage and push the "download" button (or whatever it's called). This starts up the Deadfire game.

2. You exit the game, but the DLC is still not applied or downloaded.

3. You restart STEAM and *then* it downloads.

It's just very strange and that's how it has been with all the free DLC's so far.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0