Patch Notes for 1.1.1.0064

Hello Watchers!

The team has been hard at work on the next major patch containing bug fixes and new features. Today we are releasing a patch that contains the Free Scalawags Pack DLC and a handful of fixes that the community has brought up that we wanted to get in sooner than the next big patch that is on the way shortly.

Scalawags Pack Free DLC
In conjunction with this patch, we are also releasing the Scalawag's Pack Free DLC! This DLC includes:
  • Three New Crew Members added to the taverns of the Deadfire Archipelago for you to recruit.
  • Five New Ship Upgrades, including sails, cannon, anchors, and more added to shipwrights throughout the game.
  • New Savage personality setting.
Fixes and Updates
Major Issues
  • Client no longer crashes when choosing "Quit to Desktop".
  • Mac builds will no longer allow you to toggle the Fullscreen setting via the  OSX Menu Dock Bar or via Command+F. This was done to prevent a crash that occurs when doing this action.
Companions/Crew
  • Crew members now heal properly in the Resting Crew slot when there are adequate Medicine supplies.
User Interface
  • News feed no longer clips with Title Screen menu after quitting to Title Screen.
  • Store and Ship results now handle Scaling Text size better and layering of UI has been fixed in a few places.
  • Fixed the Appearance Customization window not scaling down on smaller resolutions.
Audio
  • Strange whiny sound effect no longer plays when opening the main menu.
Quests

• Onekaza will now properly start Taking Out the Traders quest if you've completed all prior quests in the Huana faction.
  • Castol will now offer you A Glimpse Beyond if players have completed Storms of Poko Kohara and He Waits in Fire and haven't talked to Flaune Elette before ever talking to Castol.
  • It's now possible to return Terms of Trade and Storms of Poko Kohara to Director Castol in the event of Alvari having been banished by the VTC council.

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed skinning issues on Naked Dwarf bodies.
  • Fixed lighting issue in Fort Deadlight that exposed some flip tiles.
  • Various fixes to Partial Hair when head slot item is equipped.
Edited by David Benefield
Fixing the numbers of crew members and ship upgrades for the Scalawags Pack
  • Like 21

Welp, can't grab the new free dlc, because steam summer sale has started, which means... all the servers are dead. Worst timing ever, I guess.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Welp, can't grab the new free dlc, because steam summer sale has started, which means... all the servers are dead. Worst timing ever, I guess.

Yeah, I can't reach the download page, just times out/loads forever.

Did you just say, "Wizard Business" ?  :getlost: 

'Store and Ship results now handle Scaling Text size better and layering of UI has been fixed in a few places.' What does this mean exactly? Item comparison mouseovers won't go offscreen anymore?

Edited by smjjames

Yeah, I can't reach the download page, just times out/loads forever.

I'm having trouble even loading the store page for it, PoEII store page too. Still, this is a problem with Steam anyway, not Obsidian.

Finally! Some extra love for GoG players :D

Image already added

Funny but I've just downloaded that patch and my game won't even launch now - crashes every time. Anyone else?

No problems here, I'm using windows 8.1.

Also, the ingame news thing needs updating to announce the new free DLC.

Edited by smjjames

Thanks for the free DLC ! Id be nice to know the WIP patch notes for the upcoming major patch, especially class balance changes.

My guess is that's way too much of a moving target to be reliable, which means people would ultimately complain when something missed, which means they won't do it.

Funny but I've just downloaded that patch and my game won't even launch now - crashes every time. Anyone else?

No problems here, I'm using windows 8.1.

Also, the ingame news thing needs updating to announce the new free DLC.

actually it needs updating to remove the ingame news thing entirely
  • Like 2

Thanks for the free DLC ! Id be nice to know the WIP patch notes for the upcoming major patch, especially class balance changes.

My guess is that's way too much of a moving target to be reliable, which means people would ultimately complain when something missed, which means they won't do it.

Not to mention potential spoilers, and yeah, things would be too in flux.

We will be posting an early version of both the patch notes and build on the beta branch sometime next week. Per the feedback from last time, we will be aiming to be exhaustive with our list of changes that we post to the beta branch :)

• Like 3

Hello Watchers!

The team has been hard at work on the next major patch containing bug fixes and new features. Today we are releasing a patch that contains the Free Scalawags Pack DLC and a handful of fixes that the community has brought up that we wanted to get in sooner than the next big patch that is on the way shortly.

Scalawags Pack Free DLC
In conjunction with this patch, we are also releasing the Scalawag's Pack Free DLC! This DLC includes:
  • Three New Crew Members added to the taverns of the Deadfire Archipelago for you to recruit.
  • Five New Ship Upgrades, including sails, cannon, anchors, and more added to shipwrights throughout the game.
  • New Savage personality setting.

Just so you know, the announcement on Steam says seven new crew members.

Checking the data files, it does appear to be three new folks which were added.  Might want to get that changed before folks start complaining about it. ;)

For some reason, this DLC isn't shown in DLC list you see on main menu screen on left bottom corner. But steam says it's installed. Which gives?

Yup, in the same boat here as well. I also tried verifying the integrity of the game files and re-started Steam. 

too many bugs are still there. the magic weapons that don't vanish after battle, the wrong translations, bugs in quests.

I'm glad I finished the game yesterday... it's a pain to play a good game with so many bugs.

Focus on bug fixing, you don't need to release many dlc that add few unnecessary things.

You really need to fix bugs before anything else.

too many bugs are still there. the magic weapons that don't vanish after battle, the wrong translations, bugs in quests.

I'm glad I finished the game yesterday... it's a pain to play a good game with so many bugs.

Focus on bug fixing, you don't need to release many dlc that add few unnecessary things.

You really need to fix bugs before anything else.

You do know that the fact that some of their artists are adding some new art assets into the game doesn't take away any time from the actual bug fixing. Implementing those into the game takes pretty much no time when compared to testing if a bug has been fixed and that it doesn't create any new problems somewhere else.

• Like 5

Hate the living, love the dead.