Killed Bardatto family but still brokered conferenced with Ezzali present

grivoise

Question

After triggering Family Pride, I received the quest for Bigger Fish and went ahead and did it. Went to Ezzali to persuade her to parley with the Valeras. Meanwhile, got the information for A Sinking Feeling so that blocked the option for starting the meeting (i.e. when I returned to Ezzali I had no choice but to give her the information and decide whether to side with her. If I went to the Valeras they would speak of the heist and ask me to side with them). I sided with the Valeras and slaughtered the Bardattos. 

However, went I returned to the Valeras, the option for the conference appeared and it went ahead, with Ezzali appearing when she was supposed to be dead. Managed to achieve a peaceful resolution. Surely this is some kind of bug? 

Assuming the game runs smoothly, is there some kind of a timeframe within which I must trigger the conference before the heist takes place? 

5 answers to this question

Also works the other way around by siding with Valera and then getting the dead Bardattos to the meeting.

I think its because the game sets a state after both heads agree and doesn't remove that agree state after you betray one family.

Similarly, it is annoying that for the timed heist quests (rest a while and return), you can't progress the peaceful option but are forced to take the aggressive option when you have the heads agreeing to the peaceful option already.

Edited by PX1player
  • Like 1

Hi grivoise,

Thanks for the post! We have a lot of instances in with Bardatto quest breaks, Ill check to see if this is added among them and get it in if not.

best,

-Caleb

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for the response! Might I also take the opportunity to add that the healing of crew still boggles me. I've tried a variety of solutions - randomly placing people, or doing what others here have suggested - to no avail! Mutiny is kept at bay with Hearty Breakfasts and Aedyran Mead which are expensive! 

Just wanted to update on my second playthrough.

This time, after getting ride of the louts as requested by the Valeras and turning the quest in, I waited about 5 in game days and spoke to the Valeras again. However, no new options were available (I was expecting the convo between father and son about the heist) and the journal stated that I should try back in a few days for more work. So no difference up to this point from my previous playthrough.

I then went to Ezzali who triggered A Sinking Feeling for me. Again, I got the information and returned to her. This time, however, there were both options available - one to pass on the information and one to talk about the feud between the families. If I chose to pass on the information first, then it blocks out other options and forces me to make a stand. So, reloaded and talked about the feud first, and Ezzali agreed to talk to the Valeras. At this point, it was still possible to pass on the information, but I chose not to. I then returned to the Valeras to try and trigger the conference but the Valeras were already having the heist conversation. 

I wonder if there is something to do with how many days I should wait.....???

Also, I found this on reddit:

I was able to do the peaceful solution and hand in all the quests.

• I killed the people in the inn and let Persa go.
  • I told the sailors to go listen to the bard on the bridge.
  • I handed in the sailors quest
  • I told the Valera boss to set up a truce
  • I then told Bardatto boss about the plans to break in the vault and handed in that quest
  • I then told Bardatto boss that the Valera boss is up for a truce.
  • Passed the diplomacy checks and quest completed.
  • ???
  • Profit

Seems like awfully precise string of steps! Is that the what would be the 'right' way of doings things?