Can Maia ever stay with VTC/Huana?

If I romance Maia and also make her think the Deadfire company is wrong, is there anyway to make her stay when I side with the VTC or the Huana?  She's fine with me blowing up the gunpowder storehouse, at least she doesn't leave immediately, but she always "glares" at me afterwards and then sends me a missive after I leave town.

Is there a way to do the VTC ending or Huana ending while keeping eveyone's favorite sniper?  

I have no idea, at this point. I kind of want to ask Sawyer.

I've said this a lot, but I was able to keep her going Huana, but she didn't react at all one way or the other. She just showed her typical dialogue. And to get that lack of result, I backed out of the Rauatai deal and then sided with the Huana.

Other than refusing the final mission with the RDC and killing them, I could only convince Maia to stay with me after siding with the Principi and talking to her and only if I maxed her reputation and did all the events of her relationship (this led to her quitting the navy and getting dishonorably discharged). If I spoke to her after siding with the Huana or VTC she wouldn't stay even if I had max rep/romance completed.

Not speaking to her when siding with the Principi didn't get the discharged from the navy slide if I remember correctly. I also did have her stay in the party if I had her waiting on the ship and then blew up the powderhouse, which had her just glare at me whenever I tried to talk to her (and I got a normal ending slide for Maia). Not sure if that was a bug. Maia is pretty finicky if you go Huana or VTC.

• Like 1

I just came here to post this. I romanced her, I took her out of my party when blowing up the powderhouse, and she still eventually left with the note. I really want to fight colonialism and also keep my favourite party member for the final boss fight! I've been putting off finishing the game because I can't figure out a way to do both!

PS: I appreciate that the game is about consequences and you can't have everything but this one seems so *close* to being doable within all the quest lines that the game sets up for you that I'd love to know if it's an achievable outcome.

• Like 1

PS: I appreciate that the game is about consequences and you can't have everything but this one seems so *close* to being doable within all the quest lines that the game sets up for you that I'd love to know if it's an achievable outcome.

I absolutely relate to that. Logically, I can see how you might not be able to make everyone happy and have to deal with that, but I also want to keep all the buddies I've made along the way.

Did you complete her quest?