Forced into pre-Ukaizo text sequence after leaving into the map from ANY area.

Fright-Face

Question

So today, after having beaten the game once and taking a break from my second game, I decided to try and wrap up some loose ends I forgot about before Ukaizo. However, upon entering and leaving ANY area back out to the main map (I have tested this after the initial encounter, it is any area), the game takes a moment to freeze upon loading in. No matter if I leave out onto the boat or an island, I am immediately forced into the pre-Ukaizo ship battle text sequence between the other factions and the Guardian. Reloading the autosave made upon immediately entering into the main map doesn't fix the issue. I don't even have any option to leave back out of the text sequence. Also, the dialogue choices do not contain my crew member names during this, and instead are blank. Following this, I can however fight the Guardian and continue through Ukaizo without issue.

I should probably also add that this only started to happen AFTER I downloaded the Rum Runners Pack and Beard and Hair Pack, and that I first encountered this bug after recruiting Mirke. Not that I could see any reason why they'd be causing this, just adding as many details as possible. To be more specific, about a month ago, I reloaded my pre-Endgame save on my first character in order to recruit Mirke. I then left said character at Fort Deadlight to wait for the first expansion, and continued playing on my second character.  Multiple weeks later, I hopped on said character to change some of my party members hair styles to ones from the Beard and Hair Pack, and then quit out immediately without triggering any sort of area transition. At the time, I did not encounter the bug because I did not leave out to the main map during either session. Jump to now, where I come back to do some quests I didn't know about at the time. Reloading the pre-Endgame save before recruiting Mirke leads to the same result upon entering and leaving any area out to the main map.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfq3v0ygdeqtbha/AABU5jHDWoWlyxerkSKtntHya?dl=0

Here is the link to the Dropbox containing a save before the bug occurs, a save after, a completed game save before any of the packs were downloaded (just in case), my system specs, the output log, and a screenshot of the missing names. All in that order.

5 answers to this question

Hello Fright-Face,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Ill get this information logged onto our system for fixing. We did just release a hotfix today, so it may be worth testing out, though honestly I do not believe it will affect saves already created.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I don't suppose anyone else has run into this issue either, huh? I'm not seeing anything even close to it being talked about, aside from basic crashes and such.

Thinking it's probably for the best I don't even do the final mission on my second character until I know this is fixed.

I should also add that I sided with Aeldys and the new Principi, and got the ghost ship. However, switching out to another ship and different crew members doe nothing. And, about the blank crew names, that seems to only take effect in the first initial text sequence of the whole event, so likely it's that part in specific thats bugged to hell. Hope it helps.

Can anyone think of a way for console commands to fix this? I tried AreaTransition to leave Ukaizo after being forced there just in case the bug might only occur the one time beforehand, but that didn't work. Maybe there's a command that can reset/further the quest, or one that can force me out of the Ondra's Mortar text sequence? Something that can change the state of the game world? At this point, I don't particularly care if i have to somehow roll back one Act, I just want to get to the DLC.

Really bummed out the latest patch didn't fix this, was hoping I could play this character for the DLC.

Okay, nevermind. It just out of the blue fixed itself, I didn't even do anything, I don't think the patch had anything to do with it cause i experienced the bug just a few minutes ago.

I did the AreaTransition multiple times, even during the text sequence, and then left on a brand new save on my ship deck, then just reloaded that same save, and went outto the map, and it was fixed.

...I almost wanna be mad considering how both coincidental and easy that was.

Well, uh, I'll update if this happens again.