Question about Ancestor's Honor

The Cipher ability "Ancestor's Honor" is a level 7 ability and thus should theoretically be fairly powerful.  It gives a character an empower point.  However, you can still only use 1 empower point per character per battle so far as I can tell AND you lose the empower point from Ancestor's Honor at the end of the battle.

So if you can't use a second empower point during the battle and you can't bank the empower point for future battles... what precisely does the ability do?   I'm not sure how to use it I guess.

It's basically if you forgot to rest before the fight and walk into a fight with no Empower points to use.

At the moment, it's more or less a throwaway ability that should be replaced by something with an entirely different effect, unless they make it so that the bonus point allows a character to use Empower twice in combat. In which case, it'll theoretically rocket the spell into broken tier.

The empower point you get from it goes away at the end of combat.  So for example if you have 3 empower points and use 1 in a battle, that leaves you with 2.  Now you hit your guy with Ancestors Honor and he goes back up to 3 during the battle... but you can't use that empower point during the battle (still 1 per combat) and it goes back down to 2 after the battle ends.

So you get a temporary empower polnt... but cant use it.

Prestigitator points out that if you are at 0 empower points when the battle starts you can use the empower point in the battle but given that resting is basically free you should virtually never have 0 empower points so its useless.

I don't really remember it, but doesn't it add one always? So if you have 3 wouldn't it go up to 4? Of course you can only use one per battle, that's not the purpose of this spell. The purpose is to give one for free. Spending one that is not free and then using the ability on that character makes no sense.