Just Soloed Cave Grub and All of Old City at Lvl 9. No Alchemy or Scrolls

But that was a squad.  

I beat it before patch 1.1 with a level 11 party and it was much harder. That's how I feel. I think it's not that hard a fight. If you can solo Gorecci street and the  Engwithan Digsite anything else is easy. But I would like to see people try to beat Menzzago solo at level 9. Then we'll talk again.

Dude.  The Fampyrs are like 5 or more levels above me at lvl 9.  

You can't beat it at lvl 9, solo.  You don't have enough tools then.  Even the basic swashbucklers can teleport on you and smash you in two hits even with 100 deflection and 15 armor, which is the max you can have at lvl 9

And DPS builds won't work either because, again, they'll smash you in two hits.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

Dude. The Fampyrs are like 5 or more levels above me at lvl 9.

You can't beat it at lvl 9, solo. You don't have enough tools then. Even the basic swashbucklers can teleport on you and smash you in two hits even with 100 deflection and 15 armor, which is the max you can have at lvl 9

You could use Brand Enemy and then flee I guess. It has no hit roll (always hits) and will be active until the enemy is dead. You just have to be able to run fast. ;) Maybe that would be an option, didn't try though. Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can't beat it at lvl 9, solo. You don't have enough tools then. Even the basic swashbucklers can teleport on you and smash you in two hits even with 100 deflection and 15 armor, which is the max you can have at lvl 9

You could use Brand Enemy and then flee I guess. It has no hit roll (always hits) and will be active until the enemy is dead. You just have to be able to run fast. ;) Maybe that would be an option, didn't try though.

Would you like some wine with that cheese? :D

I jest, this is a clever use of game mechanics, but kinda funny.

You could use Brand Enemy and then flee I guess. It has no hit roll (always hits) and will be active until the enemy is dead. You just have to be able to run fast. ;) Maybe that would be an option, didn't try though.

But what about the fights where you can't run away like the first one on the road to the inn? 

rogue has I win button in shadowing beyond as long as there is a place on the map (at edge) to where enemies don't see. you have to have enough survivabiity+dps though to quickly down an enemy then stealth out, reset combat and repeat. it is a chore though.