Non combat force powers

It'd be nice in KotoR 2 if there was more opportunity to use force powers outside of combat, or to have some non combat specific force powers. For starters you could have the opportunity to use powers like force choke in conversations. You could use push/pull type skills to manipulate the environment from pulling levers from a distance (because its cooler, even if you could just walk over to the lever) to creating new paths by pushing away big rocks, to throwing bits of the scenery at opponents. Even cut scenes where the PC is seen holding up falling rubble to protect the party would be nice.

Force sight looks like it could be a step in this direction, with possible non-combat applications. But a Jedi is a Jedi all the time, not just in a fight, so the powers shouldn't just be limited to combat.

The Han Solo trilogy is rather good, I was surprised by the quality of it, as usually character prequels seem pretty forced.

And I'd definitely play a quality CRPG that featured non-Jedi choices. Still, making non-Jedi equal to Jedi kind of defeats the purpose of them being Jedi...

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I don't know, there are several non-Jedi characters who play key roles in majour events, like Han Solo, Boba Fett, Jar-Jar...

*ducks*

Okay, seriously. I think a CRPG dealing with non-Jedi could be done, and done well. You are a non-Jedi who stumbles across a threat along the lines of the Trade Federation allying itself with Siddious. The proper authorities (i.e. the Jedi Council) refuse to believe in the threat, so you're on your own to try and stop it. *shrug* Not the best of ideas, and rather cliched, but it could be evolved into something decent.

You'd have the option from a variety of non-Jedi classes to choose from, but wouldn't necessarily be going head to head with Force adepts.

Ah well, like I said, just an example.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Look at the mods people make for the Jedi Knight series of games.

It seems most everyone is obsessed with light sabers on some level. The majority of fans want Force Powers. In KOTOR and KOTOR:2 you have non-Jedi in your party, and have the opportunity to use them.

You are a non-Jedi who stumbles across a threat along the lines of the Trade Federation allying itself with Siddious.  The proper authorities (i.e. the Jedi Council) refuse to believe in the threat, so you're on your own to try and stop it. 

Or you could play an intergalactic accountant who finds a loop hole in the universes tax laws that you can either exploit to give Darth Vader a better tax return or embezzel and face the wrath of the galactic empire!

Cheers!

I think it would be interesting to play as someone without force powers or awareness, but it would not interest most people who simply want to swing a lightsaber around.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I think it would be interesting to play as someone without force powers or awareness, but it would not interest most people who simply want to swing a lightsaber around.

TripleRRR

And since The Munchkin Lords is also a Xbox title ...

drakron.png

There is one non-combat aspect of the Force that was largely ignored in KOTOR1. Telepathy. Yes, I know telepathy is normally quite annoying, but you have to admit the mind-reading in ROTJ was really well done. It added immensely to the struggle between father and son. They touched on this a little with the link between Bastilla and Revan, but a lot more could be done with the idea given the right circumstances. This would all be purely in the dialogue of course, so no extra code would be required. The only issue would be avoiding cheese. (A very dangerous pitfall when dealing with Telepathy!)

Alright, I confess. I just want to be able to start a sentance with, "Your thoughts betray you..." :D