what decide the strongest rival faction fought before ukaizo?

couldn't find detailed answer on wiki

in last run can only get pirate as rival no matter support vtc or huana

kill farrante or Aeldys or both

maybe its the one with most faction quest completed by support the faction in some way?

Edited by uuuhhii

I think it's the faction you helped most after the one you support.  

I went with VTC in the end, didn't make any contact with RDC or Onekaza after the Ashen Maw aside from what was necessary for the VTC questline (blew up the warehouse and attended the hearings at the palace to save Castol). But I did help Furrante get rid of Aeldys, acquired the Hangman for myself, and the Principi followed me to Ukaizo. Who would it be if I ignored Furrante and Aeldys, I wonder. 

Edited by Yria
  • Like 1

Has to be a little more complicated than "the faction you helped the most". Two very similar playthroughs with Huana leading, pirates second, then the Vailians, then RDC, end game always started with the RDC committing suicide by the Watcher to avoid kablooey in gunpowder warehouse. Went with the Huana, Aeldys showed up. Went with the Vailians, and it was Atsura. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on 1) Which faction you chose to support and 2) either which faction you help most or which faction has the highest rep with you.

For example: in my playthrough, I helped out the Huana and RDC the most, did some work for the VTC (though it usually ended bad), and mostly ignored the pirates once i dealt with Benweth.

After i sided with the RDC following the queen's "No outsiders enter Ukaizo even if it kills everyone", I ended up facing the VTC Canta Nicese at Ukaizo. While I did more to support the Huana, I never actually gave them anything that could help them reach Ukaizo and killed their leadership, which makes them reaching Ukaizo quite unlikely. Eliminating their leadership also threw my rep with them down the drain, so there's that as well.

However, I did do what i could to help the VTC's animancy experiments, and even if their other errands failed to work out in their favor, i still finished them (which I found somewhat jarring, as they really should have dumped me after "failing" the first few). I also had higher rep with them than with the Principi.

Rep would be the simple solution, and is easily proven/disproven should anyone with more spare time than me want to check. I hope it's more complicated that that though.

• Like 1

I did all quests for VTC but gunpowder warehouse, saved Castrol, did few quests for RDC, all for Huana and none for Principi (Except Benweth). I killed RDC command while backing off from killing Queen and went with Huana. I was opposed in Ukaizo by Principi led by Furrante, so rival is definitely not the second best faction.

• Like 1

I did all quests for VTC but gunpowder warehouse, saved Castrol, did few quests for RDC, all for Huana and none for Principi (Except Benweth). I killed RDC command while backing off from killing Queen and went with Huana. I was opposed in Ukaizo by Principi led by Furrante, so rival is definitely not the second best faction.

always get pirate in 1.1

not sure it work as intended

• 4 weeks later...

I do wonder how much if any effect the Huana tablet in Arkemyr's basement and the rubbing/brass map from Motare o Kōzi actaully matter.  Is there anything of significance to these both being Hauana/Rauatai exclusive?

In my Vailian run I was really saddened to face off against Aldys.  Does the VTC leader effect your end game mission?  If I don't support Castol will I still be prompted to teleport into the RDC stores even though the replacement VTC leader has no confidence in that technology?

I do wonder how much if any effect the Huana tablet in Arkemyr's basement and the rubbing/brass map from Motare o Kōzi actaully matter.  Is there anything of significance to these both being Hauana/Rauatai exclusive?

In my Vailian run I was really saddened to face off against Aldys.  Does the VTC leader effect your end game mission?  If I don't support Castol will I still be prompted to teleport into the RDC stores even though the replacement VTC leader has no confidence in that technology?

been wondering if the tablet and chart to ukaizo has any effect

hoping someone can find the relative data so player can calculate how to get their favorite ending

never get rival other than pirate since 1.1

support alvari get teleport to powder house and ukaizo all the same

but get the worst faction ending

Edited by uuuhhii

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to side with the huana while having the VTC as the strongest rival. Has someone managed that? And if yes, what did you do?

In my PT it looked like the faction with the least reputation with you will attack you. Fail quests for VTC, keep reputation with them at lowest, and you should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

So in my perfectest of perfect endings I would help the VTC under Castol, have killed one of the major pirate leaders and face the remaining one at Ukaizo (preferably Aeldys though it's not THAT important), Pim would take over and Onekaza would remain as a figurehead. This is the goal with the current save as I couldn't get it on my old one.

I tested the factions I'd be facing on the older save (with everyone but the Huana since it was too late to help them):

- when I helped the VTC I faced the Huana

- when I helped the pirates I faced the VTC

- when I helped the DTC I faced the pirates

In terms of animosity I had one bar with the Huana (I don't remember what I did to warrant this tbh, it couldn't have been something major. Maybe dumping the dead lady into the fire) and one with Rauatai and none with the rest. In terms of quests the only time I didn't do what the pirates and the VTC wanted is when I ****ed over the slavers but at least with the pirates that could at least theoretically be what they want and I made sure to make Aeldys the leader in the end anyway. I lowkey sabotaged the DTC on the reg. I don't think I ever went against what the pirates wanted except with Remaro, if he counts. Does the DTC final quest remove any enemies but the pirates? Since it weakens both the other parties? Or has someone faced a different faction at Ukaizo with the DTC?

So if I want to help the VTC and face off against the pirates the only thing I can think of changing, and that I am willing to do, is make a deal with the pirates wrt the Gullet since I'm not helping out Crookspur. But I'm not even sure whether that'd factor into the calculations. Oh, and I can give the tablet to the DTC this time.

Anyone get a VTC vs pirates ending and more or less remember the decisions leading up to that point? Would be very helpful. 

• 1 year later...

The game has a hidden score system for grading which faction is the strongest. Certain quests will raise or lower the strength rating of certain factions depending on the context, these are usually related to the faction questlines. The game also tracks how many NPCs you kill and which faction they belong to. Each time you do this, you lower the strength rating of the corresponding faction with named NPCs being worth more points than unnamed NPCs and elite unnamed NPCs being worth more than trash mob NPCs. This includes bounty quests. Also, keep in mind that I don't know the full list of actions that change a faction's strength score and there could also be other factors in play that I'm not aware of.

If there is a specific faction you want to fight at the end, do their quests all the way up until the cut off point (which varies for each questline) before sailing to Ukaizo with the faction you want to side with. Also be absolutely sure that you DO NOT get into any unnecessary confrontations with members of the faction you want to face. Try and talk your way out of fights and don't attack the ships of your target faction, not even for bounty quests. The system is a bit backwards in that attacking the faction you don't like throughout the game will make them less likely to be your rival in the end. The logic being that they therefore have less manpower and resources to spend on the massive push to try and claim Ukaizo, but still.

If all else fails, you can edit a faction's strength rating with console commands by changing the global variables (n_Faction_Strength_RDC  n_Faction_Strength_VTC  n_Faction_Strength_Huana  or  n_Faction_Strength_Principi)  but be warned that activating console commands WILL DISABLE ACHIEVEMENTS FROM THAT POINT ONWARDS IN YOUR PLAYTHROUGH.

• Thanks 2