Please allow pirate ships to re-spawn!

I think it would be great if pirate ships respawn. It is fun and rewarding to down an enemy ship; and I feel bored after I get the Junk and a fully decked ship without anything to fight, roaming the open seas. Some of you will say this would destory the economy of the game; however i think the cost of upkeep for your ship would balance out with the loot and money from pirate ships. In fact, it would better if you receive some profit for these fights. 

• Like 8

I think it would be great if pirate ships respawn. It is fun and rewarding to down an enemy ship; and I feel bored after I get the Junk and a fully decked ship without anything to fight, roaming the open seas. Some of you will say this would destory the economy of the game; however i think the cost of upkeep for your ship would balance out with the loot and money from pirate ships. In fact, it would better if you receive some profit for these fights. 

Yes, please! It feels so odd that no ships - not even the nameless Crookspur Slavers - respawn.

• Like 1

For example, in Wastelands 2, you can roam and profit from random encounters, perhaps to the point of getting very rich in the first world map. I would not recommend this, but there should be enough pirate ships as there are storms you can find in the map. Regardless, by the time you get a full ship, money becomes a bit meaningless since you can find so much excellent equipment in the world itself. 

Guys. What if there were...

Randomly generated Pirate Ships?

Randomize races, classes, ship and armament type. Generate names from a table. 

Come up with a system to randomize heraldry to get triumphs. 

They could have a level range based on map quadrant, and a simple loot table. 

Hard to say how much is too much, but a new ship every two months should be reasonable. 

What say? 

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate
  • Like 4

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Not sure... in my gameplay there is enought priates, And they all get boring at some point, not really wishing to be distrupted with some random pirates bothering me.

Maybe... if there was one unmortal captain, who would respawn in very specific location, and just got storonger and stronger with each death, but that would be only 1 location.

I don't think it would be a problem for the economy, since most people say that you'll be swimming in money in the late game anyway.

That said, I'm level 13 right now and I don't have much money. I bought the galleon before other ships and now I'm prioritizing special items. I don't think I'll be able to buy the other ships soon. Not that I need them, since the map is empty. :facepalm:

sign.jpg

Not sure... in my gameplay there is enought priates, And they all get boring at some point, not really wishing to be distrupted with some random pirates bothering me.

Maybe... if there was one unmortal captain, who would respawn in very specific location, and just got storonger and stronger with each death, but that would be only 1 location.

not being annoyed by other ships is what the flag system is for.  you can instantly swap flags the moment you see a ship you don't want to get into combat with.

I don't think it would be a problem for the economy, since most people say that you'll be swimming in money in the late game anyway.

That said, I'm level 13 right now and I don't have much money. I bought the galleon before other ships and now I'm prioritizing special items. I don't think I'll be able to buy the other ships soon. Not that I need them, since the map is empty. :facepalm:

Yup, things are actually pretty expensive in this game.  high level enchantments are BRUTALLY expensive, for example, especially for 2-handed weapons!  IIRC legendary enchantment costs hard to get mats plus 60K?

I found plenty of things to spend money on, and never felt like I was swimming in cash.

even a high level haul from an enemy ship would usually net only about 10k in sales or so.

and finding the treasure map and the hidden treasure?  I think there was a grand total of about 50cp and a handful of gems, plus one unique item? 

now, people don't HAVE to spend their cash on upgrading their gear, but pretty much that's where most of my cash went. 

then there's your ship, which, while mostly a one time investment for the best ship, is still quite expensive, not to mention upgrading it (which is required if you want to go it alone for the endgame). Well over 200k all told IIRC.

• Like 1