so charge is totally useless now?

Economical side, an ability that cost 2 source point should only hit one target. If you can hit 5+ target with a 2 point ability, it is really OP. Same as Flagellent’s Path, i think it should hit charged target with full attack and only do crush, fire or DoT damage to enemies on the path, or change the cost to 3-4 point, just like Heart of Fury.

i think it's not fair to compare it that way. some ability which cost the same but performance wise are much better. they are designed not to be equal

Not that situational - I use it in every fight at least once. For example: if you open with it from stealth its recovery is nearly zero because the stealth speed bonus of 85% applies. So you can stun several enemies for 4 sec (base) and attack immediately after. Even if it's not that useful for you during encounters it would be still pretty great as combat opener (obviously not for Assassin's ;)).

But even if it would be very situational or only good for very special builds (which I don't think): the initial question was if it's "totally useless" now - and I'd say it's far from that. It's actually still pretty good.

well totally useless is my initial reaction and probably slight exaggeration. the 4s stun is really quite nice but i find it too short and if it deals primary attack or maybe full attack on the target and aoe stun that will be nice for me. full attack just up the resource cost so you cant spam.

If your initial reaction to an ability being nerfed is "totally useless now" it might be a good idea to take a breath double-check your thinking.

well i did take a deep breath and perhaps multiple deep breaths and even couple good night sleep too. now i even triple, quadruple check my thinking and thanks for reinstating my opinion i think it's still totally useless :). i think the ability should have 2 upgrade tier. the 1st tier probably full attack the end target with the 4s stun. the last tier upgrade will be full attack but make it that resource cost that you can only activate it once. it's player choice if they want to use that or they can use other ability.

what does full attack mean?

it means attack with all your equipped weapons. if you equip 2 weapons, you deal damage with that 2 weapons.

Economical side, an ability that cost 2 source point should only hit one target. If you can hit 5+ target with a 2 point ability, it is really OP. Same as Flagellent’s Path, i think it should hit charged target with full attack and only do crush, fire or DoT damage to enemies on the path, or change the cost to 3-4 point, just like Heart of Fury.

i think it's not fair to compare it that way. some ability which cost the same but performance wise are much better. they are designed not to be equal

Not that situational - I use it in every fight at least once. For example: if you open with it from stealth its recovery is nearly zero because the stealth speed bonus of 85% applies. So you can stun several enemies for 4 sec (base) and attack immediately after. Even if it's not that useful for you during encounters it would be still pretty great as combat opener (obviously not for Assassin's ;)).

But even if it would be very situational or only good for very special builds (which I don't think): the initial question was if it's "totally useless" now - and I'd say it's far from that. It's actually still pretty good.

well totally useless is my initial reaction and probably slight exaggeration. the 4s stun is really quite nice but i find it too short and if it deals primary attack or maybe full attack on the target and aoe stun that will be nice for me. full attack just up the resource cost so you cant spam.

If your initial reaction to an ability being nerfed is "totally useless now" it might be a good idea to take a breath double-check your thinking.

well i did take a deep breath and perhaps multiple deep breaths and even couple good night sleep too. now i even triple, quadruple check my thinking and thanks for reinstating my opinion i think it's still totally useless :). i think the ability should have 2 upgrade tier. the 1st tier probably full attack the end target with the 4s stun. the last tier upgrade will be full attack but make it that resource cost that you can only activate it once. it's player choice if they want to use that or they can use other ability.

what does full attack mean?

it means attack with all your equipped weapons. if you equip 2 weapons, you deal damage with that 2 weapons.

Then there is no point discussing charge then, since they are designed to be not equal with other abilities following your logic.

Not sure how anyone could possibly still think charge is TOTALLY useless, after some of the examples.

Try charge on a melee alpha striker, like a monk. (Also works defensively as you can quickly stun & push enemies away from casters)

It's pretty much the only fighter active, (non-buff) I use on my devoted/monk.

• Like 1