so charge is totally useless now?

Any attack on a large 'scale' attack like this would be a balancing nightmare, with triggered effects.  Thats why they removed attacks off it in the first place.

If anything Charge + X damage, or additional effects, like Disoriented, for an upgrade.

Personally I think nerfing from "Full Attack" to "Primary Attack" would have been enough, but I'm OK with Stun too. It's a good CC effect and I was using Charge to reach priority targets fast more than to hurt those caught in the middle anyway.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

They should be facepulling, why would they need to 'get in the muck quick.'

Can you face pull full mobs? No. Send your fighter for maximum engagement. Can you move around with facepulling? No. The stun/interrupt is icing the cake. Stop complaining the minute an OP skill gets reasonably nerfed.

Edited by Verde
  • Like 1

It's mobility/interrupt option. P. useful regardless of damage. Although it's strange that Monk can have damage on similar ability but Fighter can't.

Well monks only make a full attack on the target and not every target caught in between like charge did. If I am not mistaken.

Charge was a cheaper heart of fury available much earlier. Was pretty messed up. Especially when you also consider that cleave was a passive heart of fury that they also had :p

It's mobility/interrupt option. P. useful regardless of damage. Although it's strange that Monk can have damage on similar ability but Fighter can't.

Well monks only make a full attack on the target and not every target caught in between like charge did. If I am not mistaken.

You are mistaken unfortunately  :no:

deals no damage 4s stun. thought they fixed how fighters were only meatshield now 1.1 they make them meatshields again?

In v1.0.2 charge was amaaazing. Especially for mc ascendants who could get max focus in 1 charge.

In v1.1.0 charge is no longer an ability a tank or dps fighter will use. It looks to me that it's more suiting a cc-inclined multi-class build. Think of 3-MIG illusionist-unbroken, who charges around and inflicts stun (from charge) and terrified+sickened (via repulsive vissage).

People used it for the damage?  Strange; I always used it for the mobility.

It was doing quite decent damage in v1.0.2.

Imagine charging with Scordeo Trophy + Thundercrack. And let's say you charge 4 times through 4 enemies.

That's 32 pistol shots for around 30-60 damage each. Or ~1440 damage.

Plus 16 Opening Barrage stacks (16 x -15% recovery time), so you'll have ~20s acting like on steroids with recovery reduced by x3.72.

Plus most of the enemies will be paralyzed due to Thundercrack.

And all it takes is around 10s. And could be repeated per-encounter.

Edited by MaxQuest

deals no damage 4s stun. thought they fixed how fighters were only meatshield now 1.1 they make them meatshields again?

Have ciphers cast Ectopsychic Echo on the your fighter, or have your priest cast Hand of Weal and Woe before the Charge, and then Charge again.

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

You are mistaken unfortunately  :no:

Doesn't Flagellants Path just deal damage to enemies, but not perform an attack?

I.e. Any additional effects will only proc on the final target. 

Charge which can proc any additional attack effects is obviously OP.

There's a reason why carnage deals raw damage and it isn't to control barbarian damage.

The problem with a 4-second stun is that this is a game with 3-second recovery times. That's less-impressive than it looks on paper.

I still don't get why they couldn't give it a fixed damage number, as in PoE1.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

That's a good question: why not implementing it like in PoE where it did a Full Attack at the target but "simple" crush damage (not weapon related) to the enemies in between?

I personally think that stun is equally useful - just curious why that hassle of reinventing the wheel?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I personally think that stun is equally useful - just curious why that hassle of reinventing the wheel?

<Insert obligatory joke equating Josh to Eothas>

• Like 6

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

<Insert obligatory joke equating Josh to Eothas>

Hmm, that also includes just tearing it down and having someone else reinvent it.

Edited by Zoso der Goldene
  • Like 1

the_ultimate.png

Done with Moon Godlike Wizard

The problem with a 4-second stun is that this is a game with 3-second recovery times. That's less-impressive than it looks on paper.

I still don't get why they couldn't give it a fixed damage number, as in PoE1.

still pretty impressive as deadfire is a party-based game.  numerous other party members (potentially four) will be able to exploit the stunned target for at least one attack.  hell, we give eder-tank a club and charge.  at least one enemy will have a good chance o' having their will decreased and suffering from stun... and chances are good such enemies will also be blinded by the near ubiquitous chill fog which follows a Gromnir party.  regardless, am suspecting most folks can find a way to exploit 4+ second stun in a party-based game... unless they go full ai for every encounter.

we wouldn't recommend changes to charge as it is already a powerful ability.  the main use we get from charge is the enhanced battlefield movement afforded by the ability.  "useless" descriptor o' charge is either hyperbolic or is resulting from having the tactical sophistication o' a squirrel paralyzed by oncoming traffic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That's a good question: why not implementing it like in PoE where it did a Full Attack at the target but "simple" crush damage (not weapon related) to the enemies in between?

Actually, and I repeat this too often. It did crush damage and a full attack on the target in PoE. It was crazy overpowered.