Family feud gone bad... (possible spoilers)

Long story short - made my way through the Family feud quest line in Queens Berth got the two parties together at the end at the Velera estate and the massacre began when the Bardottos attempted an ambush at the end of negotiations - at the end of the fight everyone from both families except the Velera old man and his wolf were dead and attempting to talk to the old man only brought a reply to meet him in his study - this of course led us to more hostile Velera men upstairs and when they were dead the old man did not show in his study - he is till downstairs asking to meet in his study and no one else (Vallian Trading Co) will mention anything either - 

We looted both estates and I guess thats all that can be done other than loading a prior save and trying again - anyone else have this issue? Anyone think it's worth it to redo or best to move on?

We did gain a bunch of loot :)

• Like 2

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

That's weird..

Did you do that quest where you check out if the one family is trying to kill the other? You have to find them in Delvers Row. Maybe if you do that quest there won't be a fight at the end of the negotiations.

That's weird..

Did you do that quest where you check out if the one family is trying to kill the other? You have to find them in Delvers Row. Maybe if you do that quest there won't be a fight at the end of the negotiations.

(spoilers) ---  I talked to Zili and found out about his cousin Persa and their plan to rob the Bardottoes - didn't get into Delvers Row (just the Gullet) and reported that back to the Bardottoes but refused to ambush the Valeras with them when they came to rob them - then I talked to Valeras and set up the meeting so maybe you have to set the meeting without telling them about the planned robbery - I also wonder if its just not having the right stats for the peaceful options in the dialoge - I'm OK with the big fight (since we lived through it :p ) just wish we could have finalized it with the old man talking to us at the end I hate it when a bug just leaves you hanging LOL

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Yeah the awkward bugs like that are extremely unsatisfying.

I would say if you want the peaceful route, don't tell them about the plot. Maybe make sure the plot never happens by dealing with them yourself. I ha a high diplomacy character, so that's how I got through it

• Like 1

There is a no-stat-checking dialogue route to resolve meeting peacefully. 

In fact, you can complete both families quests (ruatai sailors and vault robbing plans) to get both sails and a hull, accept Bardato proposition to set a trap in the vault, then do peace talks, receive reward from both families, then rob the vault (just don't speak to the guard captain), then kill both family leaders for their armors (Valeera guy at night when he's alone in the room, don't forget to close the door, and Bardatto same way, albeit a bit tricky - you need to kill both the lady and her guard before they sound alarm - ie in ~10-15 seconds).

• Like 1

I tried to kill everyone in the vault with aoe spells (the ones with the red circle) but the Bardatto soldiers refused to suffer any damage. It was the perfect opportunity...

Anyway, I ended up killing everyone except the clerk downstairs, who pretended nothing happened and told me to meet Atello upstairs. :biggrin:

• Like 1

sign.jpg