Finished The Game... some thoughts (Spoilers)

So I just finished my first playthrough with a Fire Godlike/Kindly Wayfarer Paladin, and I have some thoughts on the ending.

Pallegina:

So siding with anyone but the VTC screws her over, which makes me wonder if the guys at Obsidian have a special fetish for torturing the poor girl.

Tekehu:

The romance was an odd but fun, especially the end. I also like how he does feel like he grows up.

Maia:

Not doing her quest next play through. Not sanctioning assassination.

I just need to figure out how to get her to quit the Navy.

Serefan:

I need to give him teleportation skills and then we could have Nightcrawler. I didn't travel a lot with him the time around so not much to say.

Xoti:

Took me FOREVER to figure out how to keep her from going all 

Dark Phoenix

on me.

Eder was as solid as ever, but I get the feeling that 

his former lover may have told the kid his dad was someone else.

Aloth is Aloth and I'll probably have a lot more to say on my second playthrough since I'll be romancing him.

I sided with the Huana which felt like the best decision, especially considering my relationship with Tekahu.

Can anyone explain the whole Berath's blessing to me, please?

It's cool reading what you thought of some of the little things!

There is a way to save Pallegina, sort of, and not go VTC.

If you make sure Castol was in good standing, he'll step in and save her. You might also have to make sure that VTC isn't the one that fights you at Ondras Mortar. Also might not be able to do this if you side with RDC.

I did a "trick" someone else mentioned, which was try to side with the RDC and then back out when the Hazanui told me doing that meant assassination. That makes the RDC attack you and keeps Castol from getting ****ed over.

• Like 1

Also yeah, the Maia quest is messed up. You have to choose to help a friend do something horrible, commit counter sabotage and ruin some other person's life, or not do it at all. It's kind of interesting that a companion quest is so actively destructive.

I also would love for someone to shed light on what you say to /do around Maia that makes her quit, stay but question the navy, or think the ends justify the means. I got the middle one which I think I prefer, but I was surprised when I read she actually questioned anything from the RDC.

• Like 1

Xoti is one of those that annoy the **** out of me with her zealous fanatic "Oh mah Gawg Gaun". Piss off. I never bring her along anymore. Even though she's voiced by Laura Bailey.

Berath's blessing are bonusses you can pick at your next playthrough. They range from extra starting cache, map fully explored to +2 to your core skills or +2 to all your stats.

Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Like 1

... Laura Bailey... Kira Carsen and Thana Vesh?!

Okay, now I may know why I took an instant dislike to Xoti. :lol:

She's actually one of my favorite VA's. She does a lot of roles though and some types aren't for me. I think she rocks in Saints Row. Tara Platt is my all time favorite though.

It's cool reading what you thought of some of the little things!

There is a way to save Pallegina, sort of, and not go VTC.

If you make sure Castol was in good standing, he'll step in and save her. You might also have to make sure that VTC isn't the one that fights you at Ondras Mortar. Also might not be able to do this if you side with RDC.

I did a "trick" someone else mentioned, which was try to side with the RDC and then back out when the Hazanui told me doing that meant assassination. That makes the RDC attack you and keeps Castol from getting ****ed over.

Thanks Tick for both this and the comments on MAia I'll give them a spin

• Like 1

Yeah it does feel like Pallegina has been through all kinds of hell and I personally hoped that her life would go in a direction where she gets to have something nicer for her own sake. Like, i don't know, that hint of relationship with Maneha in White March for example. Or finding that life isn't all torture all the time or devoting yourself 100% to your country. Seeing how terrible initially was her relationship with another godlike, Tekehu, was kinda painful. The only good thing is that she eventually understood that he wanted to befriend her and she even shares some of her private thoughts with him. But other than that... her whole thing in Deadfire is being 100% committed to the Republics with no space for herself as a person. Personally I'm disappointed in what the writers did for her in this game.

Tekehu really feels like he's changing and developing; I like his personal arc. Plus he's a really kind person, if somewhat obnoxious. He became my favorite companion.

• Like 3