So I'm doing a new run of the game with two other interesting builds, and I want to round out the mix with a third character who will be a useful support character. My two other characters are:

1) Fury/Helwaker

2) Priest (Wael)/Bleak Walker

I'd like a good build that can round out this mix by providing useful buffs/heals/summons. 

I have a stand-in right now of a Lifegiver/Troubador (healing+summons).

Any suggestions? 

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

If all you want is support, go for Paladin/Priest multi. Mine used ranged weapons and light armor for low recovery. Basically only did heals and some buffs, with very little damage, but made my team practically impossible to kill. Paladin/Chanter is a better option if you want to combine support with tanking.

• 2 months later...

Celebrant!! Very good buff + summon + occasional heal.. You will still need another healer

Really?! You need two dedicated healers?

No you don't. But it's nice to have an off-healer for emergencies. Something like a Paladin. Or maybe a Cipher, Pain Block is really good, too bad you can't cast it on yourself.

• Like 1

Druid/Chanter is very good in a support role, if you don't mind a second Druid in your party.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Celebrant!! Very good buff + summon + occasional heal.. You will still need another healer

Really?! You need two dedicated healers?

No you don't. But it's nice to have an off-healer for emergencies. Something like a Paladin. Or maybe a Cipher, Pain Block is really good, too bad you can't cast it on yourself.

Ah, ok. So not exactly two dedicated healers ;)

Druid (Lifegiver)/Priest and Druid(lifegiver)/Chanter (Troubadour) are probably the best for party healing and buffs if you want a "dedicated" healer buffer. The reason you may want a dedicated healer buffer is because 1.)tanks are typically slow in their heavier armor to actually buff/heal fast enough* this depends on the difficulty of the game of course, 2.)you can minmax stats better on a dedicated healer/buffer by dumping perception, maxing might, int and having high dex while neutral con and resolve. 

And yeah Paladin is better off as an "off healer" rather than the primary healer. On Paladin tree their offensive active abilities are actually generally better than the defensive one.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Druid (Lifegiver)/Priest and Druid(lifegiver)/Chanter (Troubadour) are probably the best for party healing and buffs if you want a "dedicated" healer buffer. The reason you may want a dedicated healer buffer is because 1.)tanks are typically slow in their heavier armor to actually buff/heal fast enough* this depends on the difficulty of the game of course, 2.)you can minmax stats better on a dedicated healer/buffer by dumping perception, maxing might, int and having high dex while neutral con and resolve. 

And yeah Paladin is better off as an "off healer" rather than the primary healer. On Paladin tree their offensive active abilities are actually generally better than the defensive one.

But Paladin/Priest or Paladin/Druid or Paladin/Chanter will not require as much baby-sitting, since 1) he's so sturdy and 2) most of his stuff are either passive or near-insta casts?

But Paladin/Priest or Paladin/Druid or Paladin/Chanter will not require as much baby-sitting, since 1) he's so sturdy and 2) most of his stuff are either passive or near-insta casts?

The difference in sturdiness is not that large. Also note that paladin heals have very small range, so if this char is stuck in place or something, he cant heal when he needs to. Furthermore, druid have much more aoe heals available which is usefull to cover 2-3 squishy dps.