Wael is a resentful bastard

Hey, you take back what you just said about my priest's god!

Actually, don't, you're right about him. 

What happens if you don't hide the scroll?

Wael steals all the scrolls you have in your inventory during one of the meetings with the gods. 

• Like 5

Seriously though, all the gods are jerks. Wael doesn't even stand out that much. At least he doesn't kill you in a conversation just to prove a point like a certain three-eyed cow. 

Don't forget Berath. On my first PT I never made it past the introduction.

• Like 4

I thought Berath only sends you back to the Wheel if you ask her to? Rymrgand just goes "Lol silly Watcher why shouldn't I disintegrate you?" and does exactly that unless you beg him not to.  

• Like 1

It really is hard to be the protagonist in this game because there is no path you can really care about. To me that's the biggest weakness of the game. I can only approach it as my early DnD days just excited about looking for the next dungeon crawl, kill things, gain experience points, make gold, find and buy stuff. Not even in a greedy, mercenary way. Just a "something to do" kind of way. As I grow more powerful I don't even gain sway over anyone or group. I'm even contemplating taking out Arkemyr when I max out my levels. Or maybe after the first expansion pack that raises the level cap.

They're all douches.

Joe

• Like 1

I thought Berath only sends you back to the Wheel if you ask her to? Rymrgand just goes "Lol silly Watcher why shouldn't I disintegrate you?" and does exactly that unless you beg him not to.  

Yea they got me both on my first PT.

It really is hard to be the protagonist in this game because there is no path you can really care about. To me that's the biggest weakness of the game. I can only approach it as my early DnD days just excited about looking for the next dungeon crawl, kill things, gain experience points, make gold, find and buy stuff. Not even in a greedy, mercenary way. Just a "something to do" kind of way. As I grow more powerful I don't even gain sway over anyone or group. I'm even contemplating taking out Arkemyr when I max out my levels. Or maybe after the first expansion pack that raises the level cap.

They're all douches.

Joe

That's the thing. To me the Gods in PoE II are just a bunch of spoiled children. And they are way to active in this game. And they're all idiots. Don't seem like Gods at all.

My three characters in PoE1 had very different personalities but they all had one thing in common: no respect for the gods.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I hope there is a chance to teach them a lesson or two. Maybe in a expansion.

Now I better be careful when reading this thread, just in case someone replies to me with anything from the endgame. :p

sign.jpg

My three characters in PoE1 had very different personalities but they all had one thing in common: no respect for the gods.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I hope there is a chance to teach them a lesson or two. Maybe in a expansion.

Now I better be careful when reading this thread, just in case someone replies to me with anything from the endgame. :p

I'm hesitant, but I won't. Although this is a spoiler subforum. If you didn't finish the game I do wonder what you're doing here.

I'm hesitant, but I won't. Although this is a spoiler subforum. If you didn't finish the game I do wonder what you're doing here.

I'm very careful! But I'm also well aware that if I get spoiled it's my fault.

sign.jpg

They're all douches.

Joe

That's the thing. To me the Gods in PoE II are just a bunch of spoiled children. And they are way to active in this game. And they're all idiots. Don't seem like Gods at all.

Welcome to the point of the story...

• Like 3

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

They're all douches.

Joe

I disagree, they could have kept the story, but made the Gods less dumb. unless of course dumb was the intention. Somehow I don't think that was the case.

Yup, and Berath is a spiteful little biach who turns you into a small fuzzy if you say "no" to her as well... First time in I completed the game in around 2.5 minutes lol. 

Allegedly I was happy in my blissful ignorance though??  :getlost:

• Like 1

They're all douches.

Joe

I disagree, they could have kept the story, but made the Gods less dumb. unless of course dumb was the intention. Somehow I don't think that was the case.

Not dumb exactly, but self serving and unlikeable was definitely the intention. In conversation with the Guardian at the end you learn that the Engwithan's (who went on to make themselves into gods) used and then betrayed the Huana in order to achieve their goal of godhood, then keep it covered up. The writers wouldn't have included that in the game if they didn't INTEND the player to dislike the gods.

• Like 5

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Also, the gods are not well balanced people. They are ideals taken to extremes, and have difficulty even understanding things unless you explain it to them in the terms of their own portfolios. Like scorpions crossing a river, it is their nature to sting.

• Like 6

Also, the gods are not well balanced people. They are ideals taken to extremes, and have difficulty even understanding things unless you explain it to them in the terms of their own portfolios. Like scorpions crossing a river, it is their nature to sting.

Ideals don't bicker like spoiled children.

• Like 1