Stats:

MIG: 20
CON: 10
DEX: 8
PER: 18
INT: 18
RES: 04

--------------------------------------------------------------

Abilities (a=auto, ®=recommended, !=important)

Berserker (a)

Carnage (a)
Bloodied ®
Thick Skinned

Bloodlust 

One Stand Alone ®

Unflinching

Barbarian Smash

Interrupting Blows

Brute Force

Lion's Sprint ®

Bloodstorm

BloodThrist ®

Stalwart Defiance
Dragon Leap ®

Heart of Fury (!)

Vengeful Defeat ®
Barbaric Retaliation (!)
Blood Surge ®

---------------------------------------------------------------

Items (®=recommended, !=important):

Weapon set: Lord Darryn's Voulge (!)

Head: Deltro's Cage Helm (!)

Cloak: Nemnok's Cloak (!)

Feet: Any of your flavor

Armor: Aloth's Leather Armor ® , Saint War Armor ®

Neck: Bone Setter's Torc ®

Belt: Ngati's Belt ®

Rings: Ring of Overseeing ®, Ring of Overseeing ®

Hands: Boltcatchers ®

Screenshot of the character&gears:

BzuK5IV.jpg?1

After a few Heat of Fury + Static Thunder:

N537lr8.jpg

Demo video:
First, since I haven't see a lot single class build, I made one because I think Barbarian has the great potential for its lvl 8, 9 abilities. Secondly, this is not a solo build, I just made this for fun, but has great potential to be changed to one :)

Core item and abilities for this build is Berserker + Heart of Fury + Barbarian Retaliation, plus Lord Darryn's Voulge + Deltro's Cage Helm + Nemnok's Cloak. Confused turns the Static Thunder of the Voulge to friendly fire AOE because we want to hurt ourselves with lightning attacks to trigger Conduit from Deltro's Cage Helm. Also Nemnok's Cloak keeps us from dying because after a few Static Thunder the lash damage gonna be too high that we gonna die from it. Heart of Fury will give us enough extra hits to proc critical attacks -> more Thunder Static -> charge ourself with elec damage -> bigger Heart of Fury and autoattacks. If you are soloing Nemnok's Cloak is a must for this build, otherwise, let a Priest or Shielbearer to barring death you so you won't suicide too soon due to Static Thunder.

To optimize the effect of Heart of Fury, I picked Ring of Overseeing x2 + Aloth's Leather Armor, plus max INT so the aoe range gonna be very satisfied. High INT also extend the duration of Barring Death Door so we won't die too soon. Max PER and pick Bone's Setter Torc for more critical chance because we wanna crit a lot to trigger Static Thunder. Dump RES and -10 Deflection from Berserker gonna help us get critical hit to synergy with Barbarian Retaliation and Ngati's Belt's Retaliation. Also extra hits from Retaliation will trigger more Thunder Statics(one core of our build).

As for race, I choose Human because the character gonna be at 1 hp anyway so the extra accuracy will be sweet to grant more crit. Death Godlike will be good too but I prefer Human for the acc.

If you unfortunately run out of source for Heart of Fury. Use Barbarian Smash or Dragon Leap instead. Since after a few Heart of Fury(assume you get some source back from kills because of Blood Surge so you can use more than 2 HoF), your lash bonus from Deltro's Cage Helm is soooo high that your Dragon Leap can one shot anyone too :) Also Vengeful Defeat can do the kill blow if the Barring's Door from Nemnok's Cloak runs out of time(Like a time bomb ;)), and replace Aloth's Armor with Eder's Saint War Armor if you want extra VD. 

A variant of this build would be a multiclass Berserker/Helwalker. You will get Heart of Fury -> Flagellant's Path, Barbarian's Retaliation -> Swift Flurry + Heartdruming for replacement. Also Helwalker's extra STR can make Static Thunder AOE damage even more powerful. I'm not sure if the single class build or the multiclass one is stronger but both are very fun to play. But I will avoid Monk now just because I think self-triggering of Swift Flurry+Heartdruming is stupid.

Overall, this is a HEAVILY HEAVILY offensive build, discard any defense to max the AOE output. So I called it the ULTIMATE Suicide Bomb, enjoy!
Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 7

HOLY WOW! This is so clever! I mean many have tried Deltro's trick before but the execution of this. My god! Props to you for making such a fun build

You're welcomed :) This is inspired by the Lightning Rod build and The Fate Testarossa build, after I saw these two I think 'hey why not combine these two togther?!' And there you go =)

Welp. That's a red flag for an impending nerf if I ever saw one. Great work. :w00t:

If they nerf our ability to damage ourselves, we will become immortal.

If we are immortal, combat will become boring. ( Looking at the game before 1.10)

We are all doomed!

Sorry Lord Mord, usually this is your sentence.

Welp. That's a red flag for an impending nerf if I ever saw one. Great work. :w00t:

Well I think it's better share fun builds instead of hiding it to self in fear of nerf hammer. If it is nerfed then it's proofed to be very good build so why not :)

Oh no, I'm totally agreeing with you here. Just, consider this my two thumbs up for your build, it's fantastic. :thumbsup:

Good stuff man. I had a quite similar idea but it's not usig that weapon and I need to find a way to be completely safe from paralyzis before I can make it work. Anyone know of any items to help with this? I know a fighter can pick Unstoppable to greatly reduce the risk but I really don't fight for what I had in mind.

Edited by Dorftek

Good stuff man. I had a quite similar idea but it's not usig that weapon and I need to find a way to be completely safe from paralyzis before I can make it work. Anyone know of any items to help with this? I know a fighter can pick Unstoppable to greatly reduce the risk but I really don't fight for what I had in mind.

You can replace the Ngati's belt with Gwyn's Bridal Garter, it grants you Dex Resistance.

There are a couple of items that give Dex affliction resistance (a pair of boots and the necklace Serafen gives you), and the Wood Elf race gives Dex affliction resistance (so Aloth has it).

Shark soup gives immunity to all Body Afflictions, so that's the best option if you need total protection. To keep that up all the time, you'd probably need to do the no rest strategy though, which means you can't rely on per-rest abilities for the build if that's the way you go.

• Like 1

There are a couple of items that give Dex affliction resistance (a pair of boots and the necklace Serafen gives you), and the Wood Elf race gives Dex affliction resistance (so Aloth has it).

Shark soup gives immunity to all Body Afflictions, so that's the best option if you need total protection. To keep that up all the time, you'd probably need to do the no rest strategy though, which means you can't rely on per-rest abilities for the build if that's the way you go.

Oh right the food how could i be so blind?! :D U sir are a legend! Thank u!

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 1

This build looks like a total blast, to the point that I really want to play it.

One problem, though, is that it seems to really depend on Nemnok's cloak, which is really late-game, isn't it? I suppose I could drag Xoti along for a couple of casts of Barring Death's Door. How do you play this build early-game? And what level did you get Nemnok's cloak? Can you sneak past all the enemies and get the cloak without having to fight? What would you do to turn it into a solo build?

Edited by TheMetaphysician

This build looks like a total blast, to the point that I really want to play it.

One problem, though, is that it seems to really depend on Nemnok's cloak, which is really late-game, isn't it? I suppose I could drag Xoti along for a couple of casts of Barring Death's Door. How do you play this build early-game? And what level did you get Nemnok's cloak? Can you sneak past all the enemies and get the cloak without having to fight? What would you do to turn it into a solo build?

Yeah it's sad that all good barbarian ability comes so late too! I think you can get that cloak by stealth with the help of crackers. I might have time to make a video showing how. Otherwise you has two options. 1) Let someone death door you or 2) use Eder's Saint War Armor to maximize the effect of Vengeful Defeat (still late game tho...)

Edited by dunehunter

Static Charge puts an effect (or a "charge") on your enemies (and yourself if you are confused) on hit. Those "charges" stack but do nothing at first. But once you crit they will get triggered and deal 5 shock damage (10 when upgraded) per charge. Those will get removed then.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Can you explain exactly how Static Thunder works? How do stacks get applied and triggered, exactly? I'm trying to understand all the synergies here, and I think I'm missing some.

Yeah as Boeroer said, so if you hit enemy 3 times without crit, then you put 3 stack on enemy, and then if you crit, it will trigger an AOE damage based on how many stacks enemy has, so if 3 stack = 3 x 10 = 30 damage, and this can be amplified by damage bonus and lash from the helm.

So you wanna hit yourself with elec damage to charge Deltro's Cage Helm, so use confused + static charge is a good idea. And since we want to get all the crit hit we can get, Heart of Fury and Barbarian Retaliation is ideal source because of the extra hit we get.

A guy on another thread says it looks like carnage hits are putting stacks of Static Charge on enemies. Can you confirm that?

Also, this guy says that the self-damage from Berserker frenzy charges Deltro's helm when you have a lightning weapon equipped. Can you confirm that too?

Edited by TheMetaphysician

• 2 weeks later...

The beta patch notes for 1.2 are out:

Lots of changes to Lord Darrens Voulge

I do not understand what all of these changes mean,, but probably we have to say goodbye to the suicide bomber.

I think you won't be able to damage yourself anymore. Also the helm was nerfed and it's not possible anymore to stack multiple charges.

I do not understand what all of these changes mean,, but probably we have to say goodbye to the suicide bomber.

I think you won't be able to damage yourself anymore. Also the helm was nerfed and it's not possible anymore to stack multiple charges.

Yeah you are right, first since the Static Thunder only works when u have stacks, so you cannot hurt yourself with it, secondly the helm only works on big elec damage now because it is not stackable, so very sad indeed :)

Yeah you are right, first since the Static Thunder only works when u have stacks, so you cannot hurt yourself with it, secondly the helm only works on big elec damage now because it is not stackable, so very sad indeed :)

The helm now give you bonus from first electric damage and then recharge bonus duration ? 

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

The helm now give you bonus from first electric damage and then recharge bonus duration ? 

I think how it works now is every new buff replace old ones, even new buff has less lash bonus, I haven't tested it in detail but the description hints it works this way.