Does anyone expects Range Pet options for Ranger?

And make these Range Pets with different attack ranges.

Better give all the Pets different skills which consume infinite resource (something like wound of Monk or concentration of Cipher).

By this way to make the character building system. The game would be much more attractive I believe. 

Just suggestion for your reference.

Edited by Julymio

Reworking pets could be a way of making Rangers interesting. As to the "ranged pet" my first reaction was "but that's not what they are for", but it is an interesting idea to be able to switch the roles (ranger tanks while pet DPS) or focus them both on doign damage. 

While I think it'd be very nice to have, to be honest I don't expect them to be adding any ranged pets. It would make them a rather obvious pick because it removes almost all drawbacks from them (being rather squishy and causing grief if killed). So I second (and third) the idea, but am not holding my breath. And same with having the animals having their own (smaller) ability tree, that would be great too.

Also, a giant tortoise as pet.

• Like 1

While I think it'd be very nice to have, to be honest I don't expect them to be adding any ranged pets. It would make them a rather obvious pick because it removes almost all drawbacks from them (being rather squishy and causing grief if killed). So I second (and third) the idea, but am not holding my breath. And same with having the animals having their own (smaller) ability tree, that would be great too.

Also, a giant tortoise as pet.

yea...I don't really expect them to do it.

But as I see, this game could be much interesting to do so.

All classes could be just more diversified for making system rich.

For this topic, my romantic for Ranger (with a pet) is an assistance character with a powerful monster.

I mean they had ranged summons in last game. not sure about POE2 havent played to far in. Probably had more to do with not wanted to add class stuff since there were already so many changes to mechanics. like the priest and paladins not getting new sub classes. 

I mean they had ranged summons in last game. not sure about POE2 havent played to far in. Probably had more to do with not wanted to add class stuff since there were already so many changes to mechanics. like the priest and paladins not getting new sub classes. 

Well, the whole system still seems to be a little stubborn for me. 

BTW, range summons exist in POE2, you could summon them within 1 hrs.

I was going to say, "why not just make pets that have skill trees focusing more on buffing the ranger, instead of combat themselves"

but then I realized... they already buff the ranger.

there is actually little need to even use them in direct combat as the game stands.

I would be delighted to have a camel pet with 'Spit' attack. :biggrin:

and an angry Lama! 

:lol:

what we need actually , is more different kind of pet (for ranger and druid) . Something that isn't ground only . Something that fly , crawl....

Like in GW2...you got pet that swim ! sure...we don't actually swim . But..there are parts where there is water . For a pet that swim..it would attack faster . 

957fd40a3ccb0ed484983df93fde433e.png

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

am not personal needing ranged pets as is unnecessarily complicated and there is much better ways to improve the game which is gonna be less resource intensive.  even so, while it didn't make the cut for deadfire, am gonna once again advocate a cassowary ranger pet addition for a poe sequel.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)