New Scientific Discoveries, Part Drei

Blarghagh

On 4/9/2020 at 9:27 AM, Gfted1 said:

I was just reading about this!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is there some new update?  The linked webMD article is 20 years old.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/colony-of-microbes-as-big-as-greece-found-in-ocean-1948210.html

Fascinating news around a  massive microbe discovery that is descended from the earliest forms life on the planet billions of years ago

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As long as it stays down there... 👀

image.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

As long as it stays down there... 👀

image.jpeg

Gorthfuscious what news channels do you think this massive, prehistoric microbe watches ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious what news channels do you think this massive, prehistoric microbe watches ?

Dun dun duhhn! 😁

Perhaps the oldest Viking rune stone found in Södermanland, the ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That movie must have been pretty hardcore when it was released. Fun fact: They made an alternative ending, where the sheriff from the beginning survives and suddenly reappears - he saves the day and everyone is happy ever after.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Parkinson's dyskinesia mechanism explained

My Mum was an artist who acquired Parkinson's when she was older, and so had to stop working. It's a helpless feeling not being able to fix that, or counter the effects of the medication. Hopefully they can develop better treatments now.

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Ofc it was Ahmed...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 2 weeks later...