New Scientific Discoveries, Part Drei

Blarghagh

Scientists grow 'mini-brain on the move' that can contract muscle

I don't know about you, but to me that sounds like the opening scene for a 1950s sci-fi monster movie.

Gives new meaning to "flexing your brain muscles" :geek:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found some where I first saw these news, but it is a website in portuguese:

010150190408-holograma-qualquer-angulo-4

010150190408-holograma-qualquer-angulo-2

010150190408-holograma-qualquer-angulo-1

Edit: they are probably from the article in Nature Photonics

Breaking crosstalk limits to dynamic holography using orthogonality of high-dimensional random vectors
Ghaith Makey, Ozgün Yavuz, Denizhan K. Kesim, Ahmet Turnal, Parviz Elahi, Serim Ilday, Onur Tokel, F. Omer Ilday
Nature Photonics
Vol.: 13, pages 251-256
DOI: 10.1038/s41566-019-0393-7

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Brain Implant Device Allows People With Speech Impairments to Communicate With Their Minds

"Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) developed a two-stage method to turn brain signals into computer-synthesized speech. Their results, published this week in scientific journal Nature, provide a possible path toward more fluid communication for people who have lost the ability to speak."

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...