New Scientific Discoveries, Part Drei

Blarghagh

it reminds me:

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure if this should be here or in random, but putting it here because of the science (new and old).

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Historians are using facial recognition software to identify people in Civil War photographs.  Old photographs have problems that don't fit into modern facial recognition (lots of beards and profiles rather than full face) but technology is trying to solve that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It probably already landed (let's be optimistic :p). Now we have to wait for the delay. :sweat:

https://mars.nasa.gov/insight/timeline/landing/watch-online/

Yup, landing successful.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/11/26/insight-mission-status-center/

NASA's really good at the unmanned stuff.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."