Politics Thread - Ka-tet of 19

Blarghagh

Just complaining about taxpayers money being wasted. And complaining that no one else in the hypothetical state seems to give a crap that it is.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^I believe you meant you were hypothetically complaining... :p

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Exactly. Purely hypothetical story. Obviously such an irresponsible and needless waste of money would never occur in my state. And if it did I wouldn't say anything about it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Rt5VPi2.jpg

Cohen alleges or sources alleges that Cohen alleges?

Allegedly sources allege that Cohen alleges

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Here is a little bit of good news for a change. There have been a lot of stories where the endless nattering of moral busybodies have led to police shutting down children's lemonade stands and other little ventures. Sometimes in a heavy handed way. Well, it almost happened again. Some miserable little snit with nothing better to do called the police on a 13 year old kid in Minneapolis selling hot dogs to raise money for school clothes. Rather than this story playing out like all the others the city of Minneapolis decided to go another way. Kudos to them!  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/23/teen-selling-hot-dogs-gets-help-minneapolis-officials/817927002/

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Here is a little bit of good news for a change. There have been a lot of stories where the endless nattering of moral busybodies have led to police shutting down children's lemonade stands and other little ventures. Sometimes in a heavy handed way. Well, it almost happened again. Some miserable little snit with nothing better to do called the police on a 13 year old kid in Minneapolis selling hot dogs to raise money for school clothes. Rather than this story playing out like all the others the city of Minneapolis decided to go another way. Kudos to them!  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/23/teen-selling-hot-dogs-gets-help-minneapolis-officials/817927002/

is few things more contemptible than a handful o' government busybodies trying to circumvent the legit laws and ordinances resulting from the democratic process.  sure, the minneapolis folks ain't doing anything illegal, but their attempt to do an end-around o' ordinances so as to move confederate statues...

oh, wait.   

regardless, is nice to see folks in minneapolis recognizing one need not simple accept obtuse rules and laws w/o question or response.  find a way to deal legal with a silly ordinance is often more practical than changing the law itself.  kudos indeed to folks willing to go extra mile to see a common sense result achieved in face o' abject stoopidity.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

'Fatemeh makes a run for the local game store, but as she reaches for her pocket, she realises that God of War costs half of her salary!'

You always crack me up, bibi...

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Someone remind me again why it is impossible for America to have a reasonable priced healthcare?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, universal healthcare will never happen in the US unless "big pharma" is reined in with the ridiculous overpricing. It astounds me that the American people squabble over guns when their real rights are being held hostage by corporations.

Also: "according to a study by a university-based libertarian policy center" :lol:

Does the second amendment cover bullets or is just the firearms?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Would be funny if they introduced bullet control and tried that angle.  Could have an amusing debate on what does 'bear' mean in that context.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But what about your inalienable rights?!

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

At least there is now "Religious Liberty Task Force" to ensure that everybody is FREE to worship one and only GOD, his most holyness, divine PRINCE of light, saviour of america whose every breath makes things greater and utelly destroyes his enemies, the supreme god empreror of Greatest States of America, the BESTEST most liked who has biggest crowds, The TRUMP.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow::nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:  :sorcerer:

Edited by Elerond